• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

giphy.webp

But Blood On The Leaves wasn't even the best song on that album 🤔

Also it's not like that was some unheard of underrated diamond in the rough that he pulled out lol

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Those lyrics are...real?

You think that the person who also put out these lyrics
When I scream at the chauffeur
I ain't mean, I'm just focused
I ain't mean, I'm just focused
and
The IRS want they fifty plus our tithe
Man, that's over half of the pie
I felt dry, that's on God
That's why I charge the prices that I charge
I can't be out here dancin' with the stars
No, I cannot let my family starve
would put out something like that on the same album?

Because if you do you're correct

Album is a Gehenna-level trash fire.

it sounds better on the song

red_solo_cup_guy.gif

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Alright this album is like one 2d Sega Song and a bunch of music I expect to hear at Church. I have honestly no idea why I'm surprised but I'll be honest, I hate this album.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I'm scared to listen... just looking at the track list alone... this looks like it's going to sound incredibly corny. Trying to be positive going in, but it's hard ><

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't call this a bad album. closed on Sunday is trash. use this gospel is almost good. but otherwise I really liked the rest of this. honest. I might have to listen a third time.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I remember when Jesus is Lord started last night during the credits for the grifter film event of the year and I thought that the album was actually about to start and then boom, IMAX logo. Shit had me rebuking 25 years of Catholicism and thinking about being an atheist.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
haven't listened even a single second of this album, but I'm laughing at all the Mike Dean comments.

"you must be new here" applies to most of them in this thread...

Mike Dean is like that one kid in high school who studies for the exams at the last second, passes, and thinks he works smarter/is the shit.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
At least Chance hasn't gone full nutso

Kanye hasn't made a good album since 2013
Chance is an even bigger nutso because he thought an album about how much he loves his wife was going to be a good "debut album."

Chance is actually friends with and looks up to Kanye, but is too big of a pushover to tell him to stop the MAGA shit.

Kanye never had his bodyguards threaten a reviewer for giving a mixtape a mediocre score and force him to play it on the radio.
Ye>Chance any day of the week.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Chance is an even bigger nutso because he thought an album about how much he loves his wife was going to be a good "debut album."

Chance is actually friends with and looks up to Kanye, but is too big of a pushover to tell him to stop the MAGA shit.

Kanye never had his bodyguards threaten a reviewer for giving a mixtape a mediocre score and force him to play it on the radio.
Ye>Chance any day of the week.
Lol I had no idea about the last part

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
'On God' is the only thing I really enjoyed after running through the whole thing once (not for the lyrics either which are trash). Meh.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
He still has a good ear for music and some of the production is really good. I don't think that will ever be in doubt.

But the content is transparently trash. That's not art. That's hoping on a trend. A religious MAGA wave. And it makes this whole project that much more unfun from the outside looking in.

Kanye's output has oftentimes been a product of whose company he's keeping at the time he's working on something. From Cons/rhymefest/etc to where he's at now with his celeb family/Candace Owens. And it's even more obvious how that's influenced what we've seen from him since Yeezus.

TLOP was the start but that went through an arduous journey in coming out too. But that was decent at least. I don't even know what he's doing anymore with these half-assed releases.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
He still has a good ear for music and some of the production is really good. I don't think that will ever be in doubt.

But the content is transparently trash. That's not art. That's hoping on a trend. And it makes this whole project that much more unfun from the outside looking in.

Kanye's output has oftentimes been a product of whose company he's keeping at the time he's working on something. From Cons/rhymefest/etc to where he's at now with his celeb family. And it's even more obvious how that's influenced what we've seen from him since Yeezus.

TLOP was the start but that went through an arduous journey in coming out too. But that was decent at least. I don't even know what he's doing anymore with these half-assed releases.
This album, land he bought, Sunday chuch thing and promotional tour screams tax fraud and trying to reverse the MAGA stuff.

Best Kanye is when hes upset legitimately or feels slighted for not getting a Grammy or award. The last few albums feel like hes rushed them out, even with delays. It doesnt help that everyone around him are Yes men. None of the people working on the albums since Yeezus have actual careers without Good Music now. Even Nas, Cudi and Pusha have released trash the last few years without Ye's fingerprints on them.

Someone like Jay and 50 need to push this dude into a new era of music.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
As someone barely into rap but who appreciates well produced beats...
*skims some YouTube uploads*
...eh, Kanye's done much better before. I'll go back to Tyler, the Creator for now.