• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
https://nypost.com/2018/12/14/jessica-starr-fox-2-detroit-meteorologist-hanged-herself-officials/

Jessica Starr's manner of death was ruled a suicide, a spokesperson from the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office told The Post on Friday. A representative from the Wixom Police Department would not provide more information on the incident, citing the ongoing investigation.

Starr, a 35-year-old from Novi, Michigan — about 30 miles northwest of Detroit — is survived by her husband, Dan, along with her 5-year-old son, Noah, and her 3-year-old daughter, Riley

Quite sad.. They are doing a memorial for her today. My parents watched her all the time

Remember to find help if you feel like suicide

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
My wife's aunt works at Fox 2 and saw her everyday.

Really sad especially right before Christmas with her being a mom of two small children.

Oct 25, 2017
This happened earlier this month and yeah, it's quite sad.

"In 2015, while she was pregnant with her daughter, she detailed a hurtful letter someone wrote her, shaming her for her baby weight when she was nine months pregnant."

People are so fucked up

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like she was dealing with complications from Lasik .. got chrome dry eye from it... That shit is no joke I've been suffering with it for about 18 years and there's not a day that goes by that I'm not in pain. Mine actually started before highschool,and then I got Lasik after I graduated which made it worse..Shits more painful than pepper spray if it's bad, plus having red fucking eyes all the time is really depressing. I've had numerous times where I thought about suicide because of dry eye complications but never could do it

Hope someday we can find a cure for it..

RIP

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like she was dealing with complications from Lasik .. got chrome dry eye from it... That shit is no joke I've been suffering with it for about 18 years and there's not a day that goes by that I'm not in pain. Mine actually started before highschool,and then I got Lasik after I graduated which made it worse..Shits more than painful than pepper spray if it's bad, plus having red fucking eyes all the time is really depressing. I've had numerous times where I thought about suicide because of dry eye complications but never could do it

RIP

What? Dry eye bad enough to lead to suicide? Nobody ever talks about that.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like she was dealing with complications from Lasik .. got chrome dry eye from it... That shit is no joke I've been suffering with it for about 18 years and there's not a day that goes by that I'm not in pain. Mine actually started before highschool,and then I got Lasik after I graduated which made it worse..Shits more than painful than pepper spray if it's bad, plus having red fucking eyes all the time is really depressing. I've had numerous times where I thought about suicide because of dry eye complications but never could do it

RIP
Fuck, something like dry eye is one of those things that I just can't fully wrap my head around when it comes to driving people to suicide. I've suffered from chronic back and knee pain since I was in high school, so I know how debilitating and crippling that can be sometimes, but I've never been pushed toward anything but sheer anger.

A leap to suicide is clearly on some scale I can't imagine. And given how little dry eye is talked about, it probably doesn't help, either.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
What? Dry eye bad enough to lead to suicide? Nobody ever talks about that.
Go read some dry eye forum and you'll be a bit surprised. I'm talking from experience as well, it's life altering if it's bad enough. It's caused a lot of problems for me physically and mentally, plus the amount of money I've dropped on trying different eye drops and various products to help alleviate the symptoms is crazy. Nothing helps. You just have to cope with it for the most part.

Oct 28, 2017
Go read some dry eye forum and you'll be a bit surprised. I'm talking from experience as well, it's life altering if it's bad enough. It's caused a lot of problems for me physically and mentally, plus the amount of money I've dropped on trying different eye drops and various products to help alleviate the symptoms is crazy. Nothing helps. You just have to cope with it for the most part.

Ugh, no thank you. This sounds awful. :-/

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
wow this is crazy; was so used to seeing her when i was in that area.

i was thinking about getting lasik next year too but this has me doing a double take.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Sad to hear. Hopefully she's in peace now. I feel for her kids though, it's a shame they'll be without a mother.

Too bad she wasn't able to find help that worked.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, no thank you. This sounds awful. :-/

Understandable lol, it's a bunch of people airing their suffering and talking about ways to combat or at least provide a bit of relief from CDS, but it definitely paints a different picture of what most people assume is a very minor annoyance and shows the actual real life struggles that are associated with the disease.

Fuck, something like dry eye is one of those things that I just can't fully wrap my head around when it comes to driving people to suicide. I've suffered from chronic back and knee pain since I was in high school, so I know how debilitating and crippling that can be sometimes, but I've never been pushed toward anything but sheer anger.

A leap to suicide is clearly on some scale I can't imagine. And given how little dry eye is talked about, it probably doesn't help, either.

Unfortunately it's not something many people openly talk about it doesn't seem. My eyes are always bloodshot and people think I'm high almost 90% of the time. When I explain to them that no, I'm not blazing weed at work, I have chronic dry eye, most people think I'm full of shit either because they don't believe me or they haven't heard of it.

It's fucking annoying and on top of the look of being high out of my mind or look almost like a demon because of the extreme redness, the pain can be unbearable, almost paralyzing. I can't even enjoy basic aspects of life that expose eyes to situations that cause eyes to dry out, like playing video games. I have to constantly blink for my eyes to even remain semi wet, but it doesn't provide relief, just makes the pain not as severe.

Then the fact that your eyes won't get better, they just progressively worsen as you age makes you feel like there's no hope for it to ever be normal.