• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
https://jezebel.com/well-heres-jessica-biel-apparently-lobbying-california-1835444312

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is a formerly well-respected environmental activist who has, in recent years, begun making a variety of extremely dubious claims about vaccines, and working hard to influence public vaccine policy through both lobbying and lawsuits. Jessica Biel is an actress married to another famous person, whom we last wrote about because she had a restaurant. In an interesting indicator of the times in which we live, Kennedy and Biel were photographed yesterday at the California State Assembly, where they appear to have been lobbying lawmakers together. Afterwards, Kennedy posted a series of Instagram photos praising Biel as "brave."

While we've yet to hear from Biel or Kennedy's representatives, social media posts from several legislators indicate that Biel was speaking to them in order to oppose SB 276, the bill tightening the medical exemption process. The posts also indicate that those Assembly members and state senators were excited to pose next to her.

Sucks that another celebrity is using their influence to perpetuate this stuff.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guess all this shit comes from morons fearing things they can't understand? Wait until they hear about RF

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
User Banned (permanent): Conspiratorial Rhetoric and Fearmongering About Vaccines; Prior Ban for Conspiratorial Rhetoric and Numerous Accumulated Infractions
First of all, I'm not anti vaccines person. I'm not going to say vaccines should be abolished or not used. I'm from Africa originally and vaccines saved considerable amount of lives. Probably millions !

Having said that, there are legitimate concerns about vaccines that need to be addressed. So let's just stop crucify any people that have concerns about vaccines. There are evidences that some vaccines created serious health problems in the past. So we need to look into it and make sure it doesn't happen ever again.

One of the big concern some people have are not vaccines, but some of the questionable ingredients. For example formalehyde ( that could cause cancer ) and aluminum. Many people are challenging pharmaceutical companies with the use of some ingredients. And that's a good thing, if it the end, it makes us safe.

Personally, the problem I have is that vaccines are a cash-cow for pharmaceutical companies and I don't trust them. Should I really trust Bayer 100% when they bought Monsanto ? Pharmaceutical companies have lobbyists all over the place and I think it's more to ensure benefits than our well being.

I'm French and pharmaceutical lobbies are extremely powerful over here. There was a big controversy when the French government spent incredible amount of money for the Influenza H1H1 outbreak, where they said 2 shots were necessary when it was proven later it wasn't the case. Not the mention the close relationship the Health secretary had with some pharmaceutical companies...

Again, not saying vaccines should not be used or banned, not all all. But I clearly understand the concerns of some people. And I believe more - independent - studies are necessary.

Source : https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/formaldehyde

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Which one is Robert F Kennedy Jr? Don't think I know that name. Why is he against vaccines? Seems kind of a weird thing for a kennedy to champion.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
First of all, I'm not anti vaccines person. I'm not going to say vaccines should be abolished or not used. I'm from Africa originally and vaccines saved considerable amount of lives. Probably millions !

Having said that, there are legitimate concerns about vaccines that need to be addressed. So let's just stop crucify any people that have concerns about vaccines. There are evidences that some vaccines created serious health problems in the past. So we need to look into it and make sure it doesn't happen ever again.

One of the big concern some people have are not vaccines, but some of the questionable ingredients. For example formalehyde ( that could cause cancer ) and aluminum. Many people are challenging pharmaceutical companies with the use of some ingredients. And that's a good thing, if it the end, it makes us safe.

Personally, the problem I have is that vaccines are a cash-cow for pharmaceutical companies and I don't trust them. Should I really trust Bayer 100% when they bought Monsanto ? Pharmaceutical companies have lobbyists all over the place and I think it's more to ensure benefits than our well being.

I'm French and pharmaceutical lobbies are extremely powerful over here. There was a big controversy when the French government spent incredible amount of money for the Influenza H1H1 outbreak, where they said 2 shots were necessary when it was proven later it wasn't the case. Not the mention the close relationship the Health secretary had with some pharmaceutical companies...

Again, not saying vaccines should not be used or banned, not all all. But I clearly understand the concerns of some people. And I believe more - independent - studies are necessary.

Source : https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/formaldehyde
Embarrassing.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Then it's Big Pharm that you have a problem with. Not the vaccines. Your concerns are misguided.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

200.gif

No joke, your argument sounds like one of my sixth-graders wrote it the morning it was due.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
And vaccines a cash cow for big pharma?
Look at the cost of actual cures that aren't vaccines, even in France it cost a magnitude more to cure a disease than even the most expensive vaccines.
If you're all about pushing conspiracy theories, it's more likely that big pharma is pushing antivax sentiment to have more people get to the expensive cures than wasting everyone's time with "dangerous" vaccines.
Shit the pushing of bad medicine is incredibly dangerous and can destroy pharma groups like nothing, why the fuck would they push vaccines that are dangerous when it's already eating in their profitability compared to expensive cure they also make?

Deleted member 2328

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dude, believe it or not there are independent European agencies that do a lot of those studies you refer to. It's their job to guarantee what is safe to bring to the market and quickly pull what is not.
Corruption to buy more from one pharmaceutical company than another is not directly related to the safety of their products.
Also, arguing about the "dangerous ingredients" in vaccines, is like arguing about mixing chlorine in water.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Dude, believe it or not there are independent European agencies that do a lot of those studies you refer to. It's their job to guarantee what is safe to bring to the market and quickly pull what is not.
Corruption to buy more from one pharmaceutical company than another is not directly related to the safety of their products.
Also, arguing about the "dangerous ingredients" in vaccines, is like arguing about mixing chlorine in water.
The problem with the EU agencies is that we also got scandals about the EU agencies being bribed to help a pharma group and keep unsafe drug on the market.
See everything about Servier Lab.
The thing is, considering that all over the world there are similar agencies and they DID catch that the medication was dangerous we know that if such a thing was happening with vaccines it would prove so prohibitive that you could actually just knock on the door of a big pharma company and ask for your cut to not get the thing to blow open.
After all we're looking at a scale that is 9/11 inside job as far as conspiracy goes.

Creamx

Jun 2, 2019

If the pharmaceutical lobbies are so powerful in France, why is our universal health care coverage one of the best in the world?

The french big pharmas can't even bribe their ways into our current ultracapitalist government, if anything it's the homeopathy lobby who is overly powerful, getting their scam treatments refunded with tax money.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK

That link is just an explanation of what formaldehyde is. You seem to gloss over the fact it naturally occurs in living creatures. How much do you think is used in vaccines?

This reeks of the sort of half-baked rants I've heard about aspartame

Do you have any evidence in support of your claim of vaccines causing health problems (outside of fringe cases)?

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One of the big concern some people have are not vaccines, but some of the questionable ingredients. For example formalehyde ( that could cause cancer ) and aluminum. Many people are challenging pharmaceutical companies with the use of some ingredients.
Did you know that Phosphoric acid can cause severe burns on your skin and damage your eyes?
Did you know that Phosphoric acid is also regularly used in SODAS???

It's almost like, chemicals can be safe or harmful depending on dosages.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Did you know that Phosphoric acid can cause severe burns on your skin and damage your eyes?
Did you know that Phosphoric acid is also regularly used in SODAS???

It's almost like, chemicals can be safe or harmful depending on dosages.
Literally everything can be deadly depending on the amount.
It's the literal concept of lethal dose, the least stupid thing Kubo put in the last arc of Bleach!

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

No

No

No

This must be sarcasm, because posting that link is the dumbest thing i've seen today.

Here, let me post something else that causes cancer from that same site.:

The People must know!!#@@!! /s

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Reported

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I wouldn't give a fuck about this if it was just individuals being dumb and getting diseases. But it's killing kids and hitting herd immunity.

Dec 2, 2017

Got any evidence for your claims of serious health problems?

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
No

No

No

This must be sarcasm, because posting that link is the dumbest thing i've seen today.

Here, let me post something else that causes cancer from that same site.:

The People must know!!#@@!! /s

So you know better than the National Cancer Institute... This is governmental site. It's not like 4chan or something...

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Vaccines are not a cash cow for Pharma, they're actually typically one of the more low margin types of drug. Typically, they're difficult to produce, hard to transport and store, and while the number of doses required is high the cost per dose is typically extremely low. There's little margin in them.

Almost all of the commonly used vaccines we're talking about are generics (not so much in the US because of licensing but pretty much everywhere else). Pharma isn't making big bank on them: vaccines account for less than 2% of Pharmaceuticals revenue. Even the big 'new' vaccines like the Hep-B vaccine only account for a small proportion of total revenue (Merck who produces the Hep-B vaccine sold $1.7 billion of it in 2014 which sounds a lot but their total sales that year were $43 billion). If there was going to be a massive conspiracy, they'd probably start with something which a) isn't distributed so widely (limiting their liability) and b) actually makes serious amounts of money.