• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bet you 80% of people in this thread when straight to post shit without actually reading the article, smh....

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's less about the cartel specifically, and more about Hawkeye's reaction to losing his family is going on a world wide murder spree where he's only depicted killing non-white people.
Wut. He was killing locals in Mexico and Japan IIRC. Obviously they aren't going to be white.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'll reserve judgement, but Renner seems like as asshole.

*Chris Evans was in on the black widow slut shaming thing.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Johnny Depp stuff disproved? I've heard people talk about it like its well known fact but never seen any of the apparent debunking?

Tbh I'm not sure it's actually far enough along to be disproved, I dunno where that case is at right now. There were certainly more developments though. For instance Amber has a history of domestic abuse herself, there was evidence of him being attacked by her and a testimony from his ex wife saying he was never violent towards her. The latter, obviously that can vary by person but it did make me question how much influence being around an abuser had too, not that it's an excuse if he did also lay hands on her either.

The latest development I remember was Depp submitting around 800 pages of evidence and testimonies etc, not too long after it had came out that Amber had a past herself.

Going from what I've been caught up on my assumption was they probably both haven't been great to each other if their relationship was in that state and both claims could hold some truths, but that initial story where she's the victim of a violent alcoholic monster was an embellished truth at best given her own actions.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I could have sworn I heard he was gonna get offed or otherwise replaced by Kate Bishop in that show, was that misinformation or unconfirmed speculation?
By the end of the show Kate Bishop will be the new Hawkeye yeah, well it's speculation, but it makes sense. The same is happening in the Black Widow film, Yelena will become the new Black Widow. But Hawkeye will be the protagonist of the show with Kate, he'll train her. Hopefully Pizza Dog will be there too.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like two really toxic people who feed each other's toxicity. Feel bad for the kid.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Tbh I'm not sure it's actually far enough along to be disproved, I dunno where that case is at right now. There were certainly more developments though. For instance Amber has a history of domestic abuse herself, there was evidence of him being attacked by her and a testimony from his ex wife saying he was never violent towards her. The latter, obviously that can vary by person but it did make me question how much influence being around an abuser had too, not that it's an excuse if he did also lay hands on her either.

The latest development I remember was Depp submitting around 800 pages of evidence and testimonies etc, not too long after it had came out that Amber had a past herself.

Going from what I've been caught up on my assumption was they probably both haven't been great to each other if their relationship was in that state and both claims could hold some truths, but that initial story where she's the victim of a violent alcoholic monster was an embellished truth at best given her own actions.
Interesting, thanks for the explanation usually just heard people be like Johnny Depp did nothing wrong and not give any of the details so nice to get clued in. I'll have to find the time to get a proper look at this so I can see where I stand on it now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I see Renner trending on twitter.

I'm look, oh cool news on Hawkeye.

Sees this:

WTF dude. WTF

Is any of this stuff even true? Hard to believe that Tweet when he calls Hawkeye's plot in Endgame "neo Nazi" and thinks the Black Widow joke is slut shaming. A joke so vanilla that even Chris Evans was in on.

Am I gonna find out being ableist towards deaf people was him listening to an audio book in the same room as a deaf person or something?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Why do people say this instead of "hoping that if it's true the victims get justice"
You're confused as to why my first thought is with the well-being of a child during a marital dispute which includes allegations of violence and substance abuse against both parties, and at a point when we have no idea who the victim even is nor have any facts/information other than currently unproven accusations?

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Whole thing sounds suspect from both of them, I'll reserve judgement for when all the facts are out. Regardless he has a contract for the Hawkeye show, and it's likely his sendoff anyway so I don't really see Marvel doing anything about it, unless it becomes abundantly clear he's guilty of what he's accused

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Is any of this stuff even true? Hard to believe that Tweet when he calls Hawkeye's plot in Endgame "neo Nazi" and thinks the Black Widow joke is slut shaming. A joke so vanilla that even Chris Evans was in on.

Am I gonna find out being ableist towards deaf people was him listening to an audio book in the same room as a deaf person or something?
The neo nazi thing was apparently about Neo Nad a film he did over a decade ago

I'm trying to find details about it

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf this was at what was supposed to be a subdued benefit raising money for children in Haiti.
Well I don't know anyone who raised money while being intoxicated lol. As long as he ain't hurting no one I don't see the issue. The problem is if he actually is being abusive under alcohol. Which I don't know, so I won't jump to conclusions

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, thanks for the explanation usually just heard people be like Johnny Depp did nothing wrong and not give any of the details so nice to get clued in. I'll have to find the time to get a proper look at this so I can see where I stand on it now.
The evidence suggests Depp was violent with her, and also that she was violent with him. She also has a history of domestic violence. The truth is basically "two violent, unhealthy people in a toxic relationship" which is NOT the story she was telling. They are victims of eachother, and domestic violence situations become much more complex when both partners are violent.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
The evidence suggests Depp was violent with her, and also that she was violent with him. She also has a history of domestic violence. The truth is basically "two violent, unhealthy people in a toxic relationship" which is NOT the story she was telling. They are victims of eachother, and domestic violence situations become much more complex when both partners are violent.
So a mutually abusive relationship then. I may be misremembering, statistically isn't that most abusive relationships? Where its both and not just one or the other? Makes me wonder if there's been more couples like that in Hollywood I'm just not remembering, since I only really remember ones where its one or the other of the top of my head

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

This is what we're doing now?

I don't think you understand. Jeremy Renner is actually Hawkeye in real life.

I was answering a specific question as to why Hawkeye's depiction in Endgame could be read as problematic. It blatantly had nothing to do with Renner* himself in context ya'll.

*Especially since Renner is enough of a certified dick waffle where people don't need to reach or dogpile to point out how much he sucks.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah last I checked in on it he wasnt exactly cleared, rather doubt raised over the authenticity of the original claims. He did directly dispute them as well iirc so if theres been any progress he may have actually be cleared and I just missed the news.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Tbf this was at what was supposed to be a subdued benefit raising money for children in Haiti.

That doesn't really mean much. So Renner might have/have had alcohol addiction issues. That's a world apart from threatening to kill someone.

Unless he was getting rowdy or violent, I'm not sure what relevance him being drunk would have to the situation at hand.

The only relevant questions now are; Does he, as his lawyer has now claimed, actually have a history of taking drug tests? And will he submit the results of those tests to the court? If not, why not?

Everything now revolves around that claim.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

Which people, including those in this thread who are using Depp as an example, completely ignore. Throwing out any vague complexity in favour of a very transparent "lol cancel culture" narrative and to absolve abuse.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly I didn't really think my post through. Sorry for the derail. Can a mod pls delete it?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
By "previously did a movie where he was a neo nazi" logic, Patrick Stewart is guilty too, right?

It's less that he did the movie and more about him saying stupid shit about the movie in an interview.

Like, denying that the character was a neo-nazi at all. Or denying that the movie is political. Or that it had anything to do with race. He also dropped an N-Bomb or two while talking about the movie.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't yall just fucking wait before you react? Videogames must be melting everyone's brains or something.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Why is being a Hawkeye fan so difficult....
We keep getting the short end of the stick.
And just when we thought things were turning around with Ronin in Endgame and the Hawkeye series, we get this shit.

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's less that he did the movie and more about him saying stupid shit about the movie in interviews.

Like, denying that the character was a neo-nazi at all. Or denying that the movie is political. Or that it had anything to do with race.
It some interview he did not the character

All I found is this

The interview was deleted

This makes more sense. Thank you.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I, too, like jumping to conclusions based on shaky statements. Let me tell you about my epic hot take on this issue that I have very little insight on.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Well those comments are certainly terrible. That doesn't really correlate to what he's been accused of doing though.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit what the fuck?

This is really serious. I'm going to wait and see how this develops because that Johnny Depp and Amber Heard thing threw me for a loop.

Dec 21, 2018
So allegations come out and almost everybody is either immediately trash talking Renner, hated him this entire time, or doesn't wait until the entire story comes out. Expected

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So it sounds like he's got as many receipts as he could possibly want to defeat her in court.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He becomes a serial killer who is only shown murdering POC. And then everything is forgiven and he gets a happy ending despite not showing any real remorse or development.
You missed that whole "blood knight looking for death then tried to kill himself" stuff. He got his family back but Widow is still dead

RamsesGod43

Sep 28, 2019
Mississauga
It's amazing but not surprising that some people are already picking sides based on the initial headline. Even after the update. Why can't people wait before believing either side and wait for more facts to come out. The past few months have shown that people have been burned because of their overzealousness here and other places.