• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Very clever move by LRG here, IMO. By hiring Jeremy to write articles about the games LRG signs, his articles will be passed around the likes of Reddit, Twitter and this very forum, in turn driving traffic to LRG's site and increasing sales (since more traffic = more people looking at your wares = more people getting tempted into splashing the cash).

And yes, this will be in addition to Retronauts.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Yes! Retronauts and Game Works are great, look forward to see what he does with LG.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
more people on the site=more people I have to compete with in order to snag what I want before it sells out in less than 30 seconds

(jk, kinda)

But congrats to him, seems like an awesome gig!

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Are we gonna get articles on every sameyy-ass Kemco jrpg now lol.

Either way, love Parish so this will be interesting

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good for him, definitely something up his alley.

On the other hand, pretty pissed off at LRG right now, their customer support is awful and hasn't been helping me with my order that should've been shipped weeks ago. First time ordering with them too, probably never will after this ordeal. Worse than Gamestop.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
tenor.gif

Can't wait to see what he does there!

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is crazy! Well, they are both located close to each other so maybe not that crazy, but still unexpected. Excited for the articles, Parish is a great writer/archivist.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
Is Jeremy still making 35k per year? When I saw that it broke my heart. Dude puts quality work

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Always good to see more work from him. He is pretty much the only video game content creator I actively follow.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
I've gotten to meet Jeremy several times throughout my career, most recently at last TGS.
The man is a consummate professional and I really admire him and his opinions and analyses on games. I've been watching the various Works series on his YouTube channel and have a learned a ton!
Hope this is a good gig for you, Jeremy!

Last edited:

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Recently Limited Run Games sold new physical Game Boy cartridges of a couple of classic Star Wars titles. So now we all know what's next!

s-l300.jpg

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Recently Limited Run Games sold new physical Game Boy cartridges of a couple of classic Star Wars titles. So now we all know what's next!

s-l300.jpg

No no no. Jeremy is going to do a Game Boy version of Klonoa Moonlight Museam and it will come packaged with a Game Boy Flip Grip for the Tate visions!

Last edited:

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, that's a sweet gig, and I'm jealous as hell.

I spent the past decade or so writing about games and all I got out of it was crippling depression.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While this is cool and all, in my experience, LRG tend to publish some pretty bad-mediocre games...
Nearly every single Switch game they've released thus far has been great. Divinity OS 2, Blazing Chrome, Celeste, Golf Story, Luminous Avenger, Momodora, etc. Some of their Vita releases were mediocre but the pickings were slim on the system after a while.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Nice!

Hopefully he continues to release his NES and GB works books in the future. Those were with Fangamer though, hopefully that wont cause any conflict with LRG?

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Why not? They consistently expand the number of titles they publish, so I don't think it can be credibly argued that this is an either-or situation. It doesn't seem like there's anything they're not pursuing in lieu of picking up more garbage. Isn't the solution here just don't buy the games of theirs that look bad? If the problem is figuring out which are bad and which aren't, take advantage of reviews for the digital copies. Better yet, read about the games when noted games journalist Jeremy Parish starts his job with them for the sole purpose of conveying to you what each of the games is like.

Who is being hurt by bad games getting limited edition physical releases? Is the problem that if you buy some and not others you won't have them all and so the numbers in the collection will have gaps?
No, it's just that I think a company should only hold itself to a standard of quality, and publish games they genuinely think are worth owning. That's how Working Designs was run(admittedly to its detriment...).