• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
bleedingcool.com

Jeph Loeb - Back in Comics?

Jeph Loeb may be returning to comics after spending the last decade or more making television shows instead. But which comics and for who?

Regardless of the validity of this, what're everybody's thoughts?

And if he was to return, does he stick with Marvel, switch over to DC or go to a different publisher?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
we finally got him out of Marvel TV and now we are being threatened again

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose it's too much to ask for the guy who wrote Superman For All Seasons instead of everything else he's touched right?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose it's too much to ask for the guy who wrote Superman For All Seasons instead of everything else he's touched right?

Hey, Batman: The Long Halloween and Dark Victory and Daredevil Yellow are pretty fucking awesome, too! If he works with Tim Sale, we'll probably be okay.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He wrote a few good standalone series but his time has passed and I wouldn't want him anywhere near an ongoing.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, that's a dude whose quality really took a nosedive. I liked quite a lot of his earlier work but I think starting with Hush (which is fine just not up to his previous stuff) it started declining until he hit bottom with Ultimatum.

His Superman stuff, the Batman Halloween one-shots, Long Halloween and Dark Victory, and Superman: For All Seasons were all really good to great. I even liked the first couple of arcs of Batman/Superman but that soon went off the rails too.

EDIT: I forgot about Daredevil: Yellow and Spider-man: Blue. Yeah, this dude really had it for a while. Man, what a shame.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Time for Batman fuschia

On that note, there are better, hungrier young writers out there. He's had his time in the spotlight. Don't let this guy fill one of the slots they could take a crack at.

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
Oh damn, I don't really follow superhero comics too closely, but I loved the Long Halloween back in the day. Did this guy's stuff turn to shit?

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, I don't really follow superhero comics too closely, but I loved the Long Halloween back in the day. Did this guy's stuff turn to shit?

Personal theory here, but his output changed drastically in tone and quality and I think it was heavily due to the passing of his son.

Just conjecture, though, its not like such a claim is really something you can prove

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
He's a hack who works with amazing artists. I still love Long Halloween despite its flaws, but other than that, not a fan.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Everything he's been involved with since Hush has been of poor quality, so I can't say I'm enthusiastic about his return. Still really sad about the circumstances around his son and his writing around the same time having taken such a poor dark turn (Ultimatum).