• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Well that certainly explains why why the story line completely vanishes with Fisk being the main character again. Was hoping they would continue elektra story line with season 3 too. Let me guess, it was too Asian too?

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Is it possible for Disney to continue daredevil franchise? Not sure what agreement they have with Netflix but I loved the show.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
"No one cares about Asian people", as if Steven Yuan's Glenn didn't carry The Walking Dead's limping ass for years.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Loeb being awful and racist, shocking. He is disrespecting the memory of his son. What sucks is Peter and Wai Ching were two of the best in terms of acting talent.

Tim Sale really carried him on everything, huh.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Well that certainly explains why why the story line completely vanishes with Fisk being the main character again. Was hoping they would continue elektra story line with season 3 too. Let me guess, it was too Asian too?
That plotline continued and ended in The Defenders. Though it still didn't excuse them to outright ignore The Hand in DD S3.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Nobu supposing to be the main villain in Defenders, would explain why
it seemed like an added scene to have Stick show up at the end of Daredevil season 2 Where he beheads and kills Nobu after he falls off the building from the Daredevil fight

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Wasn't it Jeph Loeb who Feige reportedly complained about to Disney, calling him bigoted and a control freak?
Or was that the guy who used to basically run the MCU?

I remember hearing about it on the comics podcast I listen to a few years ago so I'm foggy.

Fuck Jeph Loeb.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it Jeph Loeb who Feige reportedly complained about to Disney, calling him bigoted and a control freak?
Or was that the guy who used to basically run the MCU?

I remember hearing about it on the comics podcast I listen to a few years ago so I'm foggy.

Fuck Jeph Loeb.
No i think it's Ike Perlmutter who also had control over the tv, Feige isn't perfect but he wanted to make movies like Black Panther and Black Widow a lot earlier but can't

Heck iron man 3 was supposed to have a Female villain that random scientist that came to tony to tell him about the plot, but ike thought women don't sell toys and whatever so she just unceremoniously dies

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
No i think it's Ike Perlmutter who also had control over the tv, Feige isn't perfect but he wanted to make movies like Black Panther and Black Widow a lot earlier but can't

Heck iron man 3 was supposed to have a Female villain that random scientist that came to tony to tell him about the plot, but ike thought women don't sell toys and whatever so she just unceremoniously dies
Yes it was, thank you. Sorry.

Ike Perlmutter had control over the MCU for Phase 1 and it sounds like things didn't start to change hands until late Phase 2. Feige accused him of racism, homophobia, sexism and told Disney he was a problem. I don't know much about Ike Perlmutter or his influence but he sounds like he fucking sucked.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
How does one explain the sun

Because it seems like what you're implying is that a woman reacting to the racism of Hollywood by changing her last name to her father's first name in order to get a job is inherently ashamed of or hiding her ethnicity and that this is on her and not the racism of white Hollywood casting agencies that wouldn't even let her in the room, but that would be a really absurd thing to say so you must mean something else.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it was, thank you. Sorry.

Ike Perlmutter had control over the MCU for Phase 1 and it sounds like things didn't start to change hands until late Phase 2. Feige accused him of racism, homophobia, sexism and told Disney he was a problem. I don't know much about Ike Perlmutter or his influence but he sounds like he fucking sucked.

He did fucking suck. Civil War was the last straw. Fiege had to go above his head because Perlmutter didn't want to pay Downey's fee (which would have made it impossible to make Civil War). You could see the changes to the MCU Post-Perlmutter almost immediately with films like Black Panther and Captain Marvel given the green light, and Black Widow finally approved.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
TotalVacantBillygoat-size_restricted.gif
Have they ever commented on/implied/hinted at if this was deliberate editing/credits timing or not? It just seems like it has to have been. 🤣

Oct 27, 2017
"No one cares about Asian people", as if Steven Yuan's Glenn didn't carry The Walking Dead's limping ass for years.
Saying "no one cares about [insert demographic]", "[insert demographic] don't buy comics", or any permutation of "it needs to be relatable for the general audience" has always been executives telling on themselves.

It's a reflection of their personal world-view, filtered through 'other people' to somehow legitimize their gross generalizations.

Anyone saying that garbage is just a bigot, full stop.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Because it seems like what you're implying is that a woman reacting to the racism of Hollywood by changing her last name to her father's first name in order to get a job is inherently ashamed of or hiding her ethnicity and that this is on her and not the racism of white Hollywood casting agencies that wouldn't even let her in the room, but that would be a really absurd thing to say so you must mean something else.
And after describing the 8 planets stupei is missing a 9th which was the original topic

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
This is so disappointing to find out. This further taints the Marvel Netflix universe and really puts into context a lot of the creative missteps.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Luke Cage Season 3 was axed because of Jeph Loeb despite the blame being placed on Netflix at the time.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks to hear this happened to him. Dude is legit nice having met him quite a few times and he's also insanely talented and surprised he doesn't do nearly as much as he probably should be (then again, that can be said for asian actors in general)

Had no idea Loeb was such a piece of shit, apparently going back quite a white. Marvel needs to shun him on this and get his out of there.