• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

It's at around the 10-minute mark, but it's legitimately fucked up. Thank god Jeph Loeb's gone from Marvel.

Source: #SaveDaredevil (YouTube)

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. Nobu and the Hand at large were some of the most interesting antagonists behind Fisk. Would have loved them fleshing out his backstory and motives.

Loeb did a massive disservice to Marvel

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
It's always been known that Loeb's a fucking asshole, but I'm glad to see more shit coming out. This needs to be known.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hbk8xoiWEbaVLUnGViCUs_OIH2xlb6XiU6vYPKuFdRKqn-XJKFQwJMv5yEJsKICr-Ukwn8ZZMncyH1CURcr_ORU86mLNqeGxD7nqDoOABSO8FENH6347yI9v9mKKfKqxVzo6tJlnitDYxw

You don't say.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
My opinion on Loeb has been the same for well over ten years. Almost 20.

He's garbo, always has been.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loeb has always been such a hack, seriously. I'll never understand how he got to be as powerful as he is.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It says a lot when Loeb's only lasting legacy at Marvel (Sam Alexander) is now mostly ignored outside of the comics. Though to be fair, Sam didn't really come into his own until after other writers got their hands on him (namely Gerry Duggan and the duo of Jeff Loveness & RamĂłn PĂ©rez).

I guess Marvel wanted to wash their hands clean of Loeb just as much as the rest of us wanted them to. And who could blame them, Loeb's trash at every level. Fuck Jeph Loeb.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It says a lot when Loeb's only lasting legacy at Marvel (Sam Alexander) is now mostly ignored outside of the comics. Though to be fair, Sam didn't really come into his own until after other writers got their hands on him (namely Gerry Duggan and the duo of Jeff Loveness & RamĂłn PĂ©rez).

I guess Marvel wanted to wash their hands clean of Loeb just as much as the rest of us wanted them to. And who could blame them, Loeb's trash at every level. Fuck Jeph Loeb.
It's funny how he wanted to honour his son and yet the character is so boring.

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think he'd give af about asians considering she's like the main character out of his own show.

Well fuck you Jeph for not caring about us.
Maybe he didn't know she was Asian. She only somewhat recently brought up how she changed her last name professionally (Wang to Bennet) to sound less Asian and got more offers

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Daredevil and Iron Fist was really shameful in its depiction of Asian characters and culture.

It wasn't really "his" show. The show and its characters were created by Joss, Jed and Maurissa.

Maurissa being Thai-American I think was a factor in better Asian representation with both Daisy and May.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he didn't know she was Asian. She only somewhat recently brought up how she changed her last name professionally (Wang to Bennet) to sound less Asian and got more offers

Well shit I could totally see that.

It wasn't really "his" show. The show and its characters were created by Joss, Jed and Maurissa.

Ahh right, but didnt he have a lot of control back then when he was head of Marvel TV? I mean I'm glad he didn't fuck up her character in the show so I guess he didn't have that much control at least for shield.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how he wanted to honour his son and yet the character is so boring.

I think what made it worse was shoving Richard Ryder to the side to make way for Sam. Post Annihilation, Nova was the most interesting character in the Marvel Universe, a former teen hero who had to become a war time general and was then made the only Nova in the galaxy, forcing him to bounce from mission to mission without stopping. He was like Kyle Rayner on steroids.

Im glad they eventually brought him back but man, so much lost potential.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Well shit I could totally see that.

Ahh right, but didnt he have a lot of control back then when he was head of Marvel TV? I mean I'm glad he didn't fuck up her character in the show so I guess he didn't have that much control at least for shield.

I think he had overall control in terms of him overseeing all of Marvel TV in general.

But it always felt like he had minimal impact on the AoS writing.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The
That sucks. Nobu and the Hand at large were some of the most interesting antagonists behind Fisk. Would have loved them fleshing out his backstory and motives.

Loeb did a massive disservice to Marvel
I loved The Hand and the mystery behind them. Having sigourney Weaver in there in defenders was horrible. Should have been an Asian character casted imo

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Loeb has always been such a hack, seriously. I'll never understand how he got to be as powerful as he is.

It's a less gregious offense but he is also the reason why Marvel's animation efforts have become so dumb-downed Post-Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes because he held opinion that kids didn't have the attention spans to follow serialized shows.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Ah yes, just like how Perlmutter claimed nobody cares about black people or women..... wait, what's that I hear in the distance? Oh right, that's the sound of the waterfall of cash Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will be making once it releases, as Black Panther and Captain Marvel did so before it.

(And to think that we could have had Shang-Chi, Black Panther, and Black Widow standalone movies all the way back in fucking phase two - as well as shows like the upcoming Ms. Marvel live-action show and the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur animated series - if these racist idiots hadn't held so much control over Marvel for so long.)

Edit:

It's a less gregious offense but he is also the reason why Marvel's animation efforts have become so dumb-downed Post-Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes because he held opinion that kids didn't have the attention spans to follow serialized shows.

They dumbed Marvel's animation down before Avengers: EMH even finished airing. Second half of season 2 was so fucking bad. The idea that the show as it was, was too hard for kids to understand, was ludicrous. (It was basically just an old school silver age Marvel comic in animated form, with some modern touches. Hardly high-brow - not that there's anything wrong with that, of course). But Jeph Loeb thinks kids are morons, so he took the show away from its creators and demanded it be dumbed down.

And so we got this drivel for 13 episodes, and then the poor show was put out of its misery and was immediately replaced with Avengers Assemble AKA Jeph Loeb presents Joss Whedon's The Avengers: The Animated Series. Like, seriously, they literally just copy-pasted everything from the movie and made it into a cartoon. To quote a pissed off fan of Avengers: EMH reacting to one of the early Avengers Assemble episodes way back in the day:
"This is more of a gripe with the series in general: I'm getting a little annoyed with how Man of Action is constantly aping scenes and shots from the movie. This week's episode ends with the team eating at a small restaurant, just like in the movie! Thor slams his mug on the table and demands seconds, just like in his movie! There's a big throwdown in Times Square, just like in the movie! We get it, MoA: this series is supposed to basically be the movie in animated series form. No need to bludgeon us with it."

Of course, in reality, we know this was all thanks to Jeph. Oh, and then he had the gall to greenlight an episode that featured a flashback scene drawn and animated like Avengers: EMH. Right down to the same designs. Cause this is totally a sequel, kids! Now, just ignore that literally everything else in this show contradicts the old show, and eat up uncle Loeb's garbage, you little shits!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ah yes, just like how Perlmutter claimed nobody cares about black people or women..... wait, what's that I hear in the distance? Oh right, that's the sound of the waterfall of cash Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will be making once it releases, as Black Panther and Captain Marvel did so before it.

(And to think that we could have had Shang-Chi, Black Panther, and Black Widow standalone movies all the way back in fucking phase two - as well as shows like the upcoming Ms. Marvel live-action show and the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur animated series - if these racist idiots hadn't held so much control over Marvel for so long.)
Ms. Marvel & Moon Girl are pretty recent creations, so I'm not sure if they would have happened sooner. But yeah, no argument on the others. Shang-Chi's success will be a massive "Fuck you" to Loeb like how the success of Black Panther & Captain Marvel gave a middle finger to Perlmutter. It'll be beautiful, & I can't wait.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Ms. Marvel & Moon Girl are pretty recent creations, so I'm not sure if they would have happened sooner. But yeah, no argument on the others. Shang-Chi's success will be a massive "Fuck you" to Loeb like how the success of Black Panther & Captain Marvel gave a middle finger to Perlmutter. It'll be beautiful, & I can't wait.

Yeah, I'm aware. But if Kevin Feige had been in control back in the day, I guarantee you he would have greenlit shows along those lines. That's the only point I was trying to make. That being said.... Kevin Feige also greenlit a Guardians of the Galaxy movie movie based on an incarnation that had debuted in the comics less than 4 years earlier. So, honestly, I believe Kamala Khan could absolutely have made her MCU debut much earlier than she is currently slated to, had Feige gotten total control of Marvel Entertainment from the get-go.

And yes, it'll be a massive, glorious middle finger to Loeb when Shang-Chi completely demolishes box office records. As well as to Perlmutter, who undoubtedly was the reason it didn't happen during his tenure as Marvel's CEO. Cause it was one of 10 films that was greenlit all the way back in 2005 by fucking Avi Arad (yeah, of all folks), before the Disney buyout:

www.ign.com

Marvel Making Movies - IGN

Comic company enters film biz. See what's coming...
According to Marvel chairman and CEO Avi Arad, the studio is primed and ready to begin simultaneous development of 10 new film projects based on Marvel characters. Captain America, Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi are all setup and screenwriters will start being attached to the various projects on Wednesday. We'll have more for you on those projects as news breaks!

When a hollywood executive is making Avi Arad look good in comparison, you know they're a real piece of shit.

Last edited:

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
Fuck Loeb but feels good that his reign at Marvel ultimately demonstrated the failure of a producer he was and that he's now fired and gone.

Yeah, I'm aware. But if Kevin Feige had been in control back in the day, I guarantee you he would have greenlit shows along those lines. That's the only point I was trying to make. That being said.... Kevin Feige also greenlit a Guardians of the Galaxy movie movie based on an incarnation that had debuted in the comics less than 4 years earlier. So, honestly, I believe Kamala Khan could absolutely have made her MCU debut much earlier than she is currently slated to, had Feige gotten total control of Marvel Entertainment from the get-go.

And yes, it'll be a massive, glorious middle finger to Loeb when Shang-Chi completely demolishes box office records. As well as to Perlmutter, who undoubtedly was the reason it didn't happen during his tenure as Marvel's CEO. Cause it was one of 10 films that was greenlit all the way back in 2005 by fucking Avi Arad (yeah, of all folks), before the Disney buyout:

www.ign.com

Marvel Making Movies - IGN

Comic company enters film biz. See what's coming...

When a hollywood executive is making Avi Arad look good in comparison, you know they're a real piece of shit.
Shang Chi had multiple attempts at being made back in the early 2000s because they were still trying to ride the Kung-fu / Wuxia wave that was popular back then. That quickly went away and Shang-Chi was thrown in the back burner until now but I wouldn't give Arad too much credit.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Fuck Loeb but feels good that his reign at Marvel ultimately demonstrated the failure of a producer he was and that he's now fired and gone.

Shang Chi had multiple attempts at being made back in the early 2000s because they were still trying to ride the Kung-fu / Wuxia wave that was popular back then. That quickly went away and Shang-Chi was thrown in the back burner until now but I wouldn't give Arad too much credit.

I mean, I'm not saying Avi Arad is a good person. We all know he isn't. But look at the list of films he greenlit, and look at what we actually got in the first two phases of the MCU, once Ike became CEO of Marvel Entertainment. I have significant doubts that most of that shit would have happened under Avi, let alone have been any good, but.... look, he greenlit Edit: sorry, produced, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse with Miles Morales as the lead. Wanna take a guess as to whether or not Ike would have wanted to be a producer on that movie? Or for that matter, greenlight it at all, if he had the final say?

There's no prize for being the lesser of two assholes. But Ike is one hell of an asshole even by the usual Hollywood "standards," and I couldn't be happier that Marvel is finally free from his and Loeb's infleunce. Fuck them both.

Last edited:

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Daredevil Season 2 was so racist they had to throw in a line where a Chinese girl calls out a white man for thinking she's Japanese while the show's does exactly that.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I know he doesn't work for Marvel anymore but I hope there's a huge shitstorm over this

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is disgusting beyond words. What an utter piece of shit.

I used to hate Loeb for the longest time, but then a few years ago I tried to examine why I actually hated him and came to the conclusion that "maybe I'm being too harsh on him". Ever since then I tried avoiding hating on him, but this is unnacceptable and I hate him now more than I ever did.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I know he doesn't work for Marvel anymore but I hope there's a huge shitstorm over this

I think more people at Marvel would have to come out for that to happen.

Despite the memes in this thread, it always seemed as if the cast of AoS enjoyed working with Loeb, including Ming-Na Wen and Chloe Bennet.

If this does spread, I'll be curious to see if either of them comment on it.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That being said.... Kevin Feige also greenlit a Guardians of the Galaxy movie movie based on an incarnation that had debuted in the comics less than 4 years earlier.

I'll be honest I was about to make an argument about how your timeline was off but... nope that checks out and I'm kinda shook. For some reason it felt like they'd been around longer than that before the movie but yeah that looks accurate.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked his earlier comic work and thought he got just a bit of a bad rap from people. But now, yeah, fuuuuuuuck this dude.