• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Really pulling for Lavar Burton. Ken Jennings seems like a good fit too, seems to have the right personality for it too.

LeVar Burton was just such an important person for me as a kid with Reading Rainbow and I feel like the transition to that now that I'm an adult seems like such a good fit.

Jesiatha

Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong to hope that Wolf Blitzer is one of the guest hosts?

I think I'd be happy with either Jennings or Burton.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Ken Jennings isn't fun? Lol

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I still watch Jeopardy every day as we've done for our entire relationship. With Trebek gone, it was like losing a family member. I like the idea of having guest hosts although I always assumed it would be Jennings who takes over. I think between him or LeVar Burton there's enough gravitas and humor that I'd be content with either.

project pat

Aug 30, 2020
Ken Jennings is really funny and quick-witted. His podcast Omnibus is pretty funny. He should definitely be the host.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
I watch Jeopardy now and then, but there something I still don't understand. Why do you have to present your answer as a question? Is that rule just to trip contestants?

Also please let it be Levar. If nothing else, let him have a try out period.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
They won't call them tryouts.... but they're tryouts.
It's not like a regular gameshow you give to somebody popular. The host needs to be extremely articulate and accurate for the show to run smoothly. It's probably harder than it looks only because Alex was very good at it. Having tryouts makes sense. Not everybody will be able to do it as well as Trebek.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Indeed. Really funny.

He claims he did apologize to those who reached out to him personally.

I think the job is Jennings' to lose. Given the option, I think they would go with a younger host (Jennings' 46 to LeVar's 63).

LeVar has no connection to Jeopardy! other than a tweet asking for the job.

I don't particularly care for Jennings, a bit too square for me, but I still think he's the front runner regardless of internet petitions or years-old offensive tweets.

Oct 25, 2017
Dont know if Id want Ken permanently.

Hes been kind of dull and dry in his delivery of clues this season, so, its not been a good look.

Should go for a female choice or an ethically diverse choice, how Meredith Viera is still the main and only fem host of an broadcast network show of ten years+ is still shocking. Forever best Millionaire host.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I love that Jennings, Holzhauer and Rutter troll each other on Twitter. It's fun to watch.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Jennings also had shitty tweets to drag up? SMH
He had actually just preemptively apologized for old tweets last week, which seemed like an indicator that he might become the permanent Jeopardy host. I did not realize until seeing this thread bumped that he was embroiled in the Bean Dad mess though.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
defending a friend of his who is a massive, massive racist and anti-semite. who also starved their kid for twitter clout.
He's getting himself involved in the whole Bean Dad fiasco because he's friends / co-hosts with John Roderick. Jennings is going out of his way to defend his friend despite a long history of racist tweets.
Got it, thanks. Smart people can be really dumb sometimes. That's pretty gross.