• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wakuboys

Banned
Jun 27, 2019
Official Staff Communication
Enough with the conspiracy theories. Stop this, and move on.
Considering the power governments and the super-rich/powerful have over us in terms of information sharing, media, etc., I think it is wise to question the facts given to us when so much is on the line. I understand why conspiracy theories are looked down upon, but when it comes to situations where the accused has the capability of doing so, and has certainly done so in the past, I don't see why it isn't in the realm of possibility that they would do it again in a situation with more on the line.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He was on suicide watch after his last attempt which was only a week or two ago then taken off for "reasons". Plus cameras malfunctioned right when he decided to do it.

Call it a conspiracy theory is you want but a broken clock is right twice a day.

Cameras malfunctioning or not is irrelevant because you wouldn't be able to tell when he was hanging himself as cells do not have their own cameras.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
He was on suicide watch after his last attempt which was only a week or two ago then taken off for "reasons". Plus cameras malfunctioned right when he decided to do it.

Call it a conspiracy theory is you want but a broken clock is right twice a day.
is there literally any source for this "cameras malfunctioned" thing because as far as I can tell it was just made up by some right wing seth rich truther.

Nov 4, 2017
I don't think any reporter has said anything about cameras in the special housing unit where Epstein hung himself. We'll have to wait for more information to come out on that front. Generally I would think you should have security cameras in a prison, but maybe there weren't any where Epstein was held.

Edit: Yashar Ali says there should be video footage.

Last edited:

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
is there literally any source for this "cameras malfunctioned" thing because as far as I can tell it was just made up by some right wing seth rich truther.
No credible source has reported this. It all started with this right-wing nutjob who immediately before tweeted that the Clintons murdered him like Seth Rich and used the ClintonBodyCount hashtag. Maybe folks here shouldn't spread his lies.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
im always down for some conspiracy theorising and all but social media is wild about this story, its a reminder of how easily so many people i know can sound like a total nut cases

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I don't remember who tweeted this, but if Clinton killed him, why didn't she get rid of Trump?

With that said, I won't say I think it's not impossible someone killed him, but it's a nice retort against all the Trump supporters frothing at Clinton having a hand in it. For all the people accusing Trump of killing him, same answer applies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I would caution that some of his black book is literally just networking and contact info for people in high places. There were several names in there that appear to simply be a billionaire mini LinkedIn.

But every single one of them should be examined as would any other potential lead. I just think it's dangerous to assume anything about a single name and contact - one of the numbers allegedly was just the main reception number for the ceo's company. Some of these would be "friend of a friend says you can hook me up with Daytime emmies tix" etc.

But it's going to take forever to work through it all.

I agree with this. If I was a celeb and my name came up I'd be stepping forward saying "How can I help?"

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

Oh God.
giphy.gif

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Having worked at a MCC, the conspiracy theories make no sense. Also, there are no cameras in cells. Yes, there are cameras throughout the facility, but they aren't in individual cells. That's the danger of solo celling someone in SHU, they are at a higher risk for suicide. You generally want to put two inmate in a cell. However, since he was high profile they probably had to cell him alone. The officers were probably doing their rounds and found him. If an inmate wants to kill themselves all they have to do is wait until the officers are done their rounds. Then they have 15 minutes until the next one. That 15 minutes is enough time for you to be dead or brain dead. The first suicide I ever responded to was an inmate in SHU and I'd bet this was the same thing.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Today is a very good day for a lot of evil people.

Yet no riots in the streets, and nothing will come of it. Sounds about right these days.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on the money on this. As much as people want to implicate others it seems tof me he did in fact kill himself and was able to successfully argue himself off suicide watch by accusing someone else of trying to kill him.

We'll probably get reports about how he had made plans with family and too cooperate with investigators all in an attempt to be removed from suicide watch. Which was really a ploy to kill himself.

The whole paid off a guard or the doctors just feels too hard with so many watching eyes

what

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Today is a very good day for a lot of evil people.

Yet no riots in the streets, and nothing will come of it. Sounds about right these days.

You want riots on the streets because a guy about to serve life in prison killed himself? We have no proof anything any conspiracies. I'd rather we protest shit we already have facts about.

We should have been protesting when kids are being kept in cages, after the shooting or after the ice raids.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Wish he got to name more names. I don't get why he wasn't watched more closely unless I missed something in this thread.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Keep in mind that it's pretty much accepted knowledge at this point that a tape exists of Trump pissing on hookers in russia somewhere.

But that aside, Epstein's finances have largely always been a confusing black hole, with many speculating that the source of much of it was straight up blackmail:

What information would epstein possibly have that could blackmail people into giving him millions?

You're totally right. I didn't even consider the blackmailing component that these sorts of things probably run on.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Garrett M. Graff @vermontgmg

Reminder: The Bureau of Prisons is one of the gazillion parts of the government with an acting, temporary head because the Trump admin hasn't filled the role yet. https://twitter.com/mrbromwich/status/1160188012908691457 …

5:23 PM - Aug 10, 2019

To be fair, the kinds of decisions that would allow or prevent a staff suicide are done locally at the facility level. the department head is irrelevant there.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
There is no excuse for this when the motherfucker( edit- child fucker). was on suicide watch. SMH.. American justice..

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
You want riots on the streets because a guy about to serve life in prison killed himself? We have no proof anything any conspiracies. I'd rather we protest shit we already have facts about.

We should have been protesting when kids are being kept in cages, after the shooting or after the ice raids.
Am I being lumped in here with people who believe in a Clinton Death Squad? I feel exactly the same way you do about all these things needing an appropriate reaction and aren't getting them. Maybe riot was a poor choice of words or something, but you have to admit that a crowd of evil people are really thrilled about what happened today, and the numbing quality of the events of the past few years makes you feel extra powerless.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems creepy old guy (maybe be self-aware enough to not make someone massage your gross feet) but not illegal old guy at this point.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Having worked at a MCC, the conspiracy theories make no sense. Also, there are no cameras in cells. Yes, there are cameras throughout the facility, but they aren't in individual cells. That's the danger of solo celling someone in SHU, they are at a higher risk for suicide. You generally want to put two inmate in a cell. However, since he was high profile they probably had to cell him alone. The officers were probably doing their rounds and found him. If an inmate wants to kill themselves all they have to do is wait until the officers are done their rounds. Then they have 15 minutes until the next one. That 15 minutes is enough time for you to be dead or brain dead. The first suicide I ever responded to was an inmate in SHU and I'd bet this was the same thing.
We have a very modest sized jail, in a small city, and the suicide watch cell has cameras in it 24/7, with a guard watching 24/7.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this has been said a million times already, but how was this fucker not on suicide watch? This is the kind of shit that happens in prisons in like Iran or Russia or North Korea. I mean this dude was probably their most high profile pre-trial felon there, are federal prisons that incompetent?

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
It seems creepy old guy (maybe be self-aware enough to not make someone massage your gross feet) but not illegal old guy at this point.
Hmmm....Well how old was the girl washing his feet? And why didn't he question who the hell that was.

He's not in trouble yet, but he better come clean

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm....Well how old was the girl washing his feet? And why didn't he question who the hell that was.

He's not in trouble yet, but he better come clean
Yeah I totally didn't realize the girl was underage who was narrating that so nevermind.

Definitely a "why did you agree to this Frowning?"

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I am not one for conspiracy theories but this guy was a massive narcissist that I don't believe he could kill himself. I bet his death is a massive relief for a lot high profile people that could've been implicated .

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017

Talk about the irony! If this is true, The Simpsons should be cancelled. Hanging out with Epstein and getting a minor to give you a foot massage is all kinds of wrong by my book. That's plain out child abuse especially with his gross ass feet. How is this okay in exchange for drawings?

Last edited: