• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this was a legit suicide watch fuckup, it's gotta be one of the fuckiest fuckups of all time.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Watch as magically all cameras were off and all guards will go "huh, I don't remember anything".

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have a camera on the guy and as soon as he tries to hang himself you intervene.

I just don't understand.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Huh, /politics subreddit is deleting all stories about it. What's the point? Unless a megathread will appear soon?

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing that makes me think this might be legit is that there's no way a guy like this doesn't have a 'Nuclear' option in the event that something happens to him.

He must have evidence a mile high against some really powerful people.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah not buying he managed to fool everyone and kill himself without any assistance.

Oh well the US is a country of laws LOL

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is such fucking blatant bullshit. This motherfucker was gonna name names. Those names would have involved some of the richest most powerful people in the world and then all of a sudden he somehow magically manages to kill himself while on suicide watch?

Get the fuck out of here man. This is so transparent. Come on now.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
A man is dead.

No one has elements to state it was killed or something. Not all events are conspiracies.

It's not even about respect of the guy but of information.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Could we maybe not embrace conspiracy theories as if this place was some kind of alt-right shithole?

I mean, conspiracies are stupid when they are not the simplest answer to a question. But in this case you have probably the world's most well-connected sex trafficker, with demonstrable ties to many many powerful individuals, conveniently die before his sentencing and trial. It's extremely suspicious.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Could we maybe not embrace conspiracy theories as if this place was some kind of alt-right shithole?

there are two options here:

-someone really, absolutely fucked up on his suicide watch. you do not have access to items you could use as a suicide device, typically restrained. even clothes are either stripped or missing bands.
-someone was paid to look the other way

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who reaaaaally hates conspiracy theories, I just can't believe in that such a high profile prisoner could kill themselves while on suicide watch. It definitely looks like someone got to him to cover this up.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
They better not end looking into his life and connections. He has a real life Pizzagate system going on.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
he made an "attempt" last month after being put in a cell with a dirty drug dealing cop who was in for murdering 4 people and burying them in his yard.

then he was under suicide prevention watch but mysteriously managed to hang himself.

telling people this was suicide is gaslighting. this was the richest and most powerful people in the world murdering their child pimp in front of all of us because they know we can't do anything about it.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but if you really think that someone as well-known and as prominent as Epstein managed to actually commit suicide by hanging under 24/7 suicide watch, you're incredibly naive.
If you think crafting premature conspiracy theories before waiting for any kind of official information and insight is smart, you're incredibly not-smart.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
People acting like it couldn't be suicide... I dont think that someone on his situation would've been hard to convince to kill himself.
It's far more likely he was just a coward. It's not like people on suicide watch aren't still able to kill themselves, as has happened plenty of times before.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
People acting like it couldn't be suicide... I dont think that someone on his situation would've been hard to convince to kill himself.

I have no doubt that he'd want to fucking leave this planet knowing how fucked he is not only for himself but the pressure of all his extremely rich and powerful friends and clientele needing to be protected. Best case scenario he was allowed to kill himself and much of this dies.

Queue a Trump tweet mourning the death of his friend or woeing the death of a horrible man, oh now how could this happen, New York is so incompetent, damn liberals, and moving on folks.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Occam's Razor says....man this is a tough one. Either woeful incompetence or some form of shenanigans. I'm going with the latter just barely.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect to hear that an administrative error took him off suicide watch which is why they didn't find him until 730.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
If you think crafting premature conspiracy theories before waiting for any kind of official information and insight is smart, you're incredibly not-smart.
Yeah damn, we should wait for official information from the people were either grossly incompetent and let him commit suicide under 24/7 suicide watch or were paid to look the other way
"Mr. Epstein hanged himself and his body was found this morning at Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan at roughly 7:30."

I am asking you how he hangs himself under strict suicide watch with no implements to do so?

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Accusation; Prior Infractions for Inflammatory Behavior
The rich can do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it, be it USA or Russia or whatever country. The rich get aways with everything.

Why do you want to protect the powerful pedos that Eppstein worked for though? Whats in it for you?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It is hard to believe that such a high profile convict who had dirt on myriad powerful people suddenly committed, "suicide".

The more salient query is, what happens now to the other high profile and/or powerful individuals who were part of the sex trafficking and pedophilia ring?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be annoyed when everyone will say "CLINTON" when it could be a HUNDREDS of people responsible.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's far more likely he was just a coward. It's not like people on suicide watch aren't still able to kill themselves, as has happened plenty of times before.

It doesn't help that in this situation a fairly common refrain was "this dude is totally gonna die by 'suicide' before this ever reaches trial." And that was before the first attempt.

Ludovico

Oct 25, 2017
Welp...

It's hard not to be nonchalant about it, but was there really any other possible outcome? Of course the prison couldn't protect him, that's by design.

Either way, much more damning information that's going to be unearthed before this is through.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

No one is questioning his motivation to commit suicide. It's the logistics that make it pretty much impossible. We are talking great conjunction like circumstances that would have to line up perfectly for him to have such an opportunity.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but my first thought was, wait, wasn't he that high profile guy that was on suicide watch? Did they just take a few days off with that?