• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
sw6zL8p.png
I decided to read the small text and was not disappointed.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
simplest explanation cant always be correct. the goal of every crime is to give the impression of the simplest explanation. if it truly was a suicide, as some here seem comfortable believing, there's no harm in investigating it to the fullest possible extent.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
simplest explanation cant always be correct. the goal of every crime is to give the impression of the simplest explanation. if it truly was a suicide, as some here seem comfortable believing, there's no harm in investigating it to the fullest possible extent.

I don't take any comfort in it, at all. And I'm all for real investigation. Quack doctor who argues that OJ couldn't have killed Ron and Nicole is not, and cannot, be part of any of that.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine needing this random pathaologist to tell you that Jeffery Epstein was murdered when that was already blindingly obvious.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Dude killed himself.. there's nothing more to it.. prison guards take shortcuts all the time.. he tried before to kill himself.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Accusation; Prior Infractions for Inflammatory Behavior

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Dude killed himself.. there's nothing more to it.. prison guards take shortcuts all the time.. he tried before to kill himself.
This was going to be the most high profile case of the century. There should have never been a situation where "whoops, a couple prison guards took some shortcuts and now Epstein's dead" was a real possibility. Do you think they would've been that lackadaisical with El Chapo's surveillance?

Last edited:

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I think it's the first conspiracy theory I actually believe in. Why? Because most conspiracy theories are deeply flawed. They are bad explanations of what happened that doesn't stand logic and reason.

Not this time.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A man that led a child sex trafficking ring and has connections to the wealthiest and most powerful people on Earth somehow turning up dead despite being in maximum security isn't a conspiracy theory. It's basic critical thinking.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
A man that led a child sex trafficking ring and has connections to the wealthiest and most powerful people on Earth somehow turning up dead despite being in maximum security isn't a conspiracy theory. It's basic critical thinking.

Dude lived a life of luxury and is about to go down for real this time and live the rest of his life in prison and doesn't want to go on.

Why is that hard to understand either? The case was going on with or without him as far as others involved. Epstein wasn't going to get out of this by squealing about everyone else involved.. he was going to prison no matter what this time.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if everything is taken at face value, that's still a massive scandal. How on Earth did a federal prison let the most high-profile inmate in the country kill himself and no one was alerted, saw it happening, tried to stop it, etc etc?

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Dude lived a life of luxury and is about to go down for real this time and live the rest of his life in prison and doesn't want to go on.

Why is that hard to understand either? The case was going on with or without him as far as others involved. Epstein wasn't going to get out of this by squealing about everyone else involved.. he was going to prison no matter what this time.
He was still paying off accusers and had every intention of fighting the charges. Last time this happened dude basically got off with a slap on the wrist.

This is a guy who spent millions on transhumanism to extend his life. He has actually stated that he wants his head and penis frozen at the time of his death so they can be brought back in the future (look it up, not kidding). He wouldn't kill himself in a jail cell to let his body rot.

Oh and notice how immediately after his death the media moved on pretty much entirely. As if it never happened at all.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Even if everything is taken at face value, that's still a massive scandal. How on Earth did a federal prison let the most high-profile inmate in the country kill himself and no one was alerted, saw it happening, tried to stop it, etc etc?
The answer I've read to that question is the prison was understaffed.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
He was still paying off accusers and had every intention of fighting the charges. Last time this happened dude basically got off with a slap on the wrist.

This is a guy who spent millions on transhumanism to extend his life. He has actually stated that he wants his head and penis frozen at the time of his death so they can be brought back in the future (look it up, not kidding). He wouldn't kill himself in a jail cell to let his body rot.

Oh and notice how immediately after his death the media moved on pretty much entirely. As if it never happened at all.

1st off, this wasn't like the last time.. he wasn't winning this.

2nd, same as first.. he wasn't getting out of prison alive either way.

3rd point, that's not even true at all.. he's still in the news all the time... the story hasn't died at all. The case hasn't died either.

Also, explain the 1st attempt?

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
My "tin foil hat" theory:

IMO, Epstein absolutely did kill himself, but he didn't do it just because he was in prison and depressed about his situation. I think he was probably told to do it or else something would happen to his family. But if he did go through with it, his family would be taken care of. People in the prison were probably paid off to make sure it happened as well.

I don't think he was straight-up murdered but I don't think it was just a simple suicide either.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Yeah that makes sense. Maybe he did kill himself, but they could have purposely made sure they didn't save him.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The answer I've read to that question is the prison was understaffed.

The thing that doesn't get hammered in enough is that even in the "best case" where everything on face-value is what happened this is still a case where "gross negligence/incompetence" doesn't even begin to describe how massively the justice department fucked up. That a massively high-profile inmate in a maximum-security prison was given free reign to kill himself as if he was alone in his own bedroom is completely unacceptable and is fully deserving of some form of reprimand and action.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
My "tin foil hat" theory:

IMO, Epstein absolutely did kill himself, but he didn't do it just because he was in prison and depressed about his situation. I think he was probably told to do it or else something would happen to his family. But if he did go through with it, his family would be taken care of. People in the prison were probably paid off to make sure it happened as well.

I don't think he was straight-up murdered but I don't think it was just a simple suicide either.

This.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IMO at the very least there was intervention to prevent him from killing himself.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like something that should have been out into consideration before placing him in there.
You'd think
The thing that doesn't get hammered in enough is that even in the "best case" where everything on face-value is what happened this is still a case where "gross negligence/incompetence" doesn't even begin to describe how massively the justice department fucked up. That a massively high-profile inmate in a maximum-security prison was given free reign to kill himself as if he was alone in his own bedroom is completely unacceptable and is fully deserving of some form of reprimand and action.
Oh I agree. The excuse is nothing more than that. It may be true but such a high profile case implicating so many other people of wealth and power should have maybe triggered some sort of special protection for the lynchpin of the whole scheme.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this case does actually represent a pretty basic critical thinking test. Accepting suicide as the most likely explanation given all the facts should be obvious to anyone applying those skills. The problem is identifying the misuse of reason requires the same skills necessary for critical thinking, so you end up in a catch-22. The Dunning-Krueger of critical thinking.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Thought ERA should be better than diving down conspiracy theory rabbit holes.
It's pretty astounding to me that the same people who would have laughed at the mere possibility that a billionaire is running a secret pedophile right for wealthy elites on a private island is now, without even blinking, insist that the possibility that he was murdered in prison is a "conspiracy theory rabbit hole"

Like how little self awareness do you have?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty astounding to me that the same people who would have laughed at the mere possibility that a billionaire is running a secret pedophile right for wealthy elites on a private island is now, without even blinking, insist that the possibility that he was murdered in prison is a "conspiracy theory rabbit hole"

Like how little self awareness do you have?

Who the hell would think it was impossible Epstein was doing what he was doing?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I think this case does actually represent a pretty basic critical thinking test. Accepting suicide as the most likely explanation given all the facts should be obvious to anyone applying those skills. The problem is identifying the misuse of reason requires the same skills necessary for critical thinking, so you end up in a catch-22. The Dunning-Krueger of critical thinking.
Christ. Get out of your own ass.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The same people who think that him being murdered in prison is a conspiracy theory obviously.

Do you have any idea how many people refuse to acknowledge these things until it's been decided by the courts?

No? The idea he was doing these things wasn't outlandish or contradicted by any facts. I don't think you'll find anyone suggesting murder is a conspiracy theory that felt the same about his crimes. You're just making shit up completely.

Christ. Get out of your own ass.

Could tell many here the same. They really love to ignore inconvenient things while in there.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
There is no way in fuck that man killed himself. Call me a conspiracy theorist until the day I die.
I mean it doesn´t really matter if he or someone else did it. Powerful people wanted him dead and they got what they wanted. If that happened by hiring a hitman or pressuring Epstein into suicide or whatever else is anyones guess.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saying he died because of 'budget cuts' is like the Queen dying in hospital due to negligence and citing NHS budget cuts.

Like, yeah the prisons have had funding slashed left and right but you can't and treat the subject of the highest profile case of the decade like some gen pop nobody.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
No? The idea he was doing these things wasn't outlandish or contradicted by any facts. I don't think you'll find anyone suggesting murder is a conspiracy theory that felt the same about his crimes. You're just making shit up completely.
Dude.... I don't even know what to say. Like you seriously think this was common knowledge but it somehow just wasn't in mainstream news until he was actually charged?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude.... I don't even know what to say. Like you seriously think this was common knowledge but it somehow just wasn't in mainstream news until he was actually charged?

....what?

"It's pretty astounding to me that the same people who would have laughed at the mere possibility that a billionaire is running a secret pedophile right for wealthy elites on a private island is now, without even blinking, insist that the possibility that he was murdered in prison is a "conspiracy theory rabbit hole" "

Your claim wasn't that his activities weren't common knowledge (obviously they weren't) but that those disbelieving a murder would think the accusations concerning his crimes were crazy.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
....what?

"It's pretty astounding to me that the same people who would have laughed at the mere possibility that a billionaire is running a secret pedophile right for wealthy elites on a private island is now, without even blinking, insist that the possibility that he was murdered in prison is a "conspiracy theory rabbit hole" "

Your claim wasn't that his activities weren't common knowledge (obviously they weren't) but that those disbelieving a murder would think the accusations concerning his crimes were crazy.
So you're telling me that you think that if you were to tell people what Epstein has been accused of 10 years ago, you don't think it would have sounded like a conspiracy theory to most people?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you're telling me that you think that if you were to tell people what Epstein has been accused of 10 years ago, you don't think it would have sounded like a conspiracy theory to most people?

No. He had already been convicted of multiple crimes by that point. Your comparison here doesn't work at all and regardless is based on you completely fabricating positions for other people.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Question: Why is it now that so many people say "The Clinton's did it"?

Was there something I missed or is it just Benghazi: The sequel?

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all can't seriously be cheering some fox news contributer injecting bonus tinfoil hattery into his interview.

Seriously, if it was Qanon stuff nobody would touch it with a pole