• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who at one point was rumored to star as Thomas Wayne aka the Flashpoint Batman in an upcoming DC Comics movie, said "Michael Keaton swooped in and took my gig."

"Naw, I think that's super cool," Morgan told comicbook.com in an interview posted Friday. "Ever since Zack Snyder walked away, my whole kind of bit in that world has walked away with him. However, there's always a chat going on. So, we'll see!"

According to multiple individuals with knowledge of the project, there will be no Flashpoint Batman in the upcoming Ezra Miller "The Flash" standalone movie, which hopes to shoot next year, subject to COVID-19 protocols.

very early on in the script development stages of "The Flash," including Thomas Wayne/Flashpoint Batman in the project was considered, however that idea was scrapped and instead evolved into Keaton in talks to return to the role of Batman. As it stands, that is far from a sure thing and it can go either way.

https://www.thewrap.com/jeffrey-dean-morgan-michael-keaton-batman/

Interesting. So they scrapped the Flashpoint Batman being in the new one and are trying to replace it will the Keaton Batman? I'd watch.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
0fc.gif

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
This is clearly a joke and the websites that don't report it that way really seem to be getting to stir up shit.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like JDM but whenever he's involved in a project my "this is going to be middling at best" alarm goes off. Same as Joe Manganiello.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He was Thomas Wayne in BvS

And for people who don't know...

In the comics, the Flashpoint leads to Bruce being murdered in that alley and his father becoming a much more lethal Batman, so this would fit with the BvS role.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This movie sounds like such a mess. If your doing something like Flashpoint, you use Thomas Wayne as Batman. But it sounds like they have now scrapped that idea entirely lol? Do they even have a script?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
They could still do JDM Thomas Wayne Batman in an Elseworlds movie. Just make it for HBO Max. There's the rumor going around that AT&T want to bring back Batfleck to do his rated R Batman for HBO Max depending on how well the Snyder Cut does.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like there's two different types of Multiverse concepts here. The first is where you have multiverse but through a single interpretation and continuity, like a multiverse where something in the timeline we already know to exist is altered, so say DCEU's Bruce Wayne dies as a kid and DCEU's Thomas Wayne becomes DCEU's Batman instead which sounded like the original pitch for Flashpoint and what was done in the comics? The second is more fanservicey like what if Michael Keaton's Batman from the Burton universe met Ben Affleck's Batman from the Snyderverse so all the Batman and DC media we consume is canon and actually could be linked? It sounds like they're settling on the latter, minus Affleck appearing because it will be Keaton interacting with Ezra's Flash. Unless the casting is just a nod to the past and Keaton is supposed to be recasted older DCEU Bruce and not Burton's?

I dunno but from a writing perspective the first concept sounds more interesting to me but the latter will definitely hype people with nostalgia and generate way more revenue just by having Keaton reappear in the trailers. Though I have a gut feeling that Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness will take the opposite approach and show us alternate MCU scenarios rather than tying in with Fox or Sony Marvel movies. I'd love to be wrong. Either way it's exciting to see CBMs tackle multiverses no matter which approach is taken.