• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2019
London
If it's third person, my feeling is that they want this to be a "prestige" title (even though I hate th
I agree, however it would be easy to turn Perfect Dark into an immersive sim. Something like Prey or Dishonoured. Open linear levels and a focus on stealth, exploration and gadgets, with some more action heavy sections/set pieces thrown in too

Yeah, this is really what I want - but it would have to be marketed right. Prey and Dishonored don't really sell that great.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I was hoping that they start doing something other than Gears at some point. They seem really talented so it's gonna be interesting to see what else they can do.

Edit: I just mixed up coalition and initiative. Stupid me lol

Oct 24, 2019
Kinda thought it was already basically confirmed to be PD to be honest lol. That's only game I've ever heard people reference in relation to the Initiative's project

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds good. It could honestly be so many things that the IP barely matters but it's a cool name with some history that could go down many avenues in the reimagining and we will probably get a female lead which is excellent. I'm happy if it's true.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I for one just hope they can include the Farsight with it's original PD1 functionality, maybe toss in the laptop gun and some proxy mines.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I was hoping that they start doing something other than Gears at some point. They seem really talented so it's gonna be interesting to see what else they can do.
The initiative is not gears studio.

Although I agree the coalition should try something different than gears.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're thinking of The Coalition. They're still making Gears

This is a new studio called The Initiative, who are rumoured to be making Perfect Dark

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
The initiative is not gears studio.

Although I agree the coalition should try something different than gears.
Yeah I realised it like immediately after postin it lol

These studios sound too similat dammit

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I can get behind 3rd person, not really sure about Perfect Dark though, eww.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
A 3rd person AAA game focusing on stealth, problem solving and mechanics driven puzzles within a sandbox would be perfect. Basically, Hitman with a smidge more action and a lot more tech. I hope Darryl doesn't turn Joanna Dark into a gun toting mass murderer like Lara Croft though.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they keep this FAR FAR AWAY from feeling like another entry in the Tomb Raider series than I'm all up for it even if I strongly prefer that they stick to 1st person mode instead but I can see them not wanting to do that because they will get compared Cyber Punk but they must include a 1st person mode multiplaayer mode if youb ask me.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes. I know this has been the rumor for quite awhile, but hearing it from Grubb pretty much seals it for me. I very much miss that universe. There was so much potential there I can't fathom why it's taken so damn long to make a new one!

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A PD without the laptop gun and farsight is not a PD I want to play. I need gadgets and guns up to the eyeballs!

Local MP was so much fun

Throw a laptop gun on the wall, duck down, aim with the FarSight with it's player tracking mode (yes, player tracking mode!) on

Glace over at your friend next to you

"Where is your God now?"

broderm

Jun 15, 2020
The problem is not being a Perfect Dark game. It is being in the universe of PD. What hell that supose to mean? The lore of Perfect Dark can't be that enticing or big enough. Unless it's a origin story like 2013's Tomb Raider.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Man, I'm pretty excited. Glad it's 3rd person. Maybe it will help scratch that Splinter Cell itch!

DeadOnions

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Personally I'd be more than happy with a new PD. As others have said it's been so long it may as well be a new IP. But this way MS plays off the nostalgia. As long as the final game is great who cares if it's in an established franchise?

Aside from this hoping MS give Banjo to Playtonic as well.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ignore the 360 game and set it 30 years after the first game, have Elvis and Joanna train a new Dark agent to repel another incoming Skedder invasion

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Local MP was so much fun

Throw a laptop gun on the wall, duck down, aim with the FarSight with it's player tracking mode (yes, player tracking mode!) on

Glace over at your friend next to you

"Where is your God now?"

It was Left 4 Dead before Left 4 Dead for me and my friends. 2 players with 8 fistsims and a shotgun weapon set. So much fun, even if it was like 5 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.