• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I hope the PS5 event isn't delayed. If it does, this is the worst form of anti-hype possible not to mention these insiders not being quite reputable for the big reveals to the point where its better for them to not tease at all. Its better for events to be delayed without knowing about them than these random teases.

Shifting around dates, not really knowing when to get excited and random Tuesday hypes only lasting as long as the events...
I don't wanna jump the gun but its looking like E3 is the way to go rather than these dates.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Like, Call of Duty to Nintendo Switch in 2018?

Or GamePass for the Switch?

You mean the GamePass for Switch info that JeuxVideo, Windows Central and GameInformer all corroborated? The same info that had Cuphead & Ori coming to Switch? You mean that?

What talk is that? Only tease I've seen is that Jeff Grubb plans to write a story on Monday on what he knows about the Sony event.

It's info that has come my way over the last two weeks. It may not be accurate, as I said elsewhere in this thread. The contact was confident but things have been changing by the day.

Mar 22, 2019
tenor.gif

I'll take it at this point.

snorted my tea at this gif - thank you for posting.

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
You mean the GamePass for Switch info that JeuxVideo, Windows Central and GameInformer all corroborated? The same info that had Cuphead & Ori coming to Switch? You mean that?

It's info that has come my way over the last two weeks. It may not be accurate, as I said elsewhere in this thread.
Have you gotten anything that suggests a delay?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's info that has come my way over the last two weeks. It may not be accurate, as I said elsewhere in this thread.
oh wow I didnt know Cuphead and Ori counts as a subscription service. Thanks.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Something may happen this week!! Or maybe not !!
Plans always changing!!

Spare me the the insider rhetoric

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony is indeed pushing it back I hope it is because they want to fine tune it so that it is the best showing they can do with what they have

and not because they just want to be closer to MS or whatever in terms of dates

if they give me a teaser this week with a solid non moving date then I am fine with it

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Oh god. This is gonna be a shot to the stomach isn't it?! ;-;

FUCKING COVID! I hope it's delay gives devs more time to fine tune stuff... But ughhhhhhhhhhh The wait is unbearable!

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bet the PS5 event is now late June or early July. Honestly, I think that makes sense. Wait until at least The Last of Us Part II has been released.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Question: I often see Ratchet & Clank mentioned by people as a high probability for a PS5 launch title, but... I've never actually seen any leaks or rumours that a Ratchet game is even in development?

Is there a basis for this hope? Or is it literally just hope? Hoping someone more plugged in to rumours can enlighten me on this.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Question: I often see Ratchet & Clank mentioned by people as a high probability for a PS5 launch title, but... I've never actually seen any leaks or rumours that a Ratchet game is even in development?

Is there a basis for this hope? Or is it literally just hope? Hoping someone more plugged in to rumours can enlighten me on this.
A certain someone who has worked at IGN and founded Kinda Funny bit is no longer with them said we hadn't seen the last of Ratchet & Clank on PS4 back in April of last year. Just a few months before that ZhugeEX said Sony still had unannounced 1st party games based on existing IPs left for PS4, but that he was also aware that Sony was considering make those games cross-gen or PS5 exclusive entirely. Then about a month ago Zhuge said those games had indeed been shifted to PS5, and that he was guessing (so not 100% sure) that they're cross-gen.
So basically if you put them together: there probably is/was a 2nd Ratchet & Clank PS4 game in development but Sony has moved it to be cross-gen or PS5 exclusive.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018

Colin Moriarty said it was a ps4 game that got shifted to ps5 development.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Not sure why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the entire event is moved back, rather than maybe only some game reveals in said event being pushed back.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
A certain someone who has worked at IGN and founded Kinda Funny bit is no longer with them said we hadn't seen the last of Ratchet & Clank on PS4 back in April of last year. Just a few months before that ZhugeEX said Sony still had unannounced 1st party games based on existing IPs left for PS4, but that he was also aware that Sony was considering make those games cross-gen or PS5 exclusive entirely. Then about a month ago Zhuge said those games had indeed been shifted to PS5, and that he was guessing (so not 100% sure) that they're cross-gen.
So basically if you put them together: there probably is/was a 2nd Ratchet & Clank PS4 game in development but Sony has moved it to be cross-gen or PS5 exclusive.

Okay, that makes more sense - thanks!

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
You know what? I'm going to think positively. I think Sony event is still going to happen on June 4th and the shifted events are going to be from other companies.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Every time I saw the Ratchet and clank speculation, I would scratch my head at how would a Ratchet and Clank game that has probably been in development for so long be PS5 exclusive?

I was thinking it would be a similar situation to Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus which released on the tail end of the PS3, but in this case will be cross gen. Would be nice if that were the case as I probably won't be buying a PS5 at launch and would love a new Ratchet and Clank.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
It's our fault really for jumping on every rumor even from supposedly "reputable" "journalists". We should just wait for an official announcement from Sony whenever they are ready.
Also (for some odd reason) people were expecting info back in what Feb/Mar. I wasn't expecting the real info until May/June since this year started, so this seems to be right on time.