• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
For its Dead Space game, Motive is taking notes from Capcom's recent Resident Evil remakes. Like Resident Evil 2 Remake, expect the next Dead Space to use the original game as a strong foundation. But it should also have modern visuals. And it will likely bring in new gameplay mechanics inspired by other entries in the franchise.

And speaking of Capcom, it is likely a major reason a new Dead Space is happening. While EA has let its horror franchise wither, the Resident Evil series is larger than ever. And Capcom has provided an easy blueprint for EA to follow.

EA has likely also warmed back up to the idea of producing single-player adventures after the success of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The publisher has made statements in the recent past about shifting its focus to live-service games. And that was part of a deliberate decision to invest less in single-player experiences following poor results for Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

venturebeat.com

Dead Space remake is in the works at Motive

Dead Space is making a return. Developer Motive is remaking the game with the goal of rebooting the franchise with modern visuals.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
tenor.gif

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was indifferent about the news prior to this headline. Now I'm excited.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds great to me. I wonder how far along it is.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Remake? Oh no. I'm gonna have to see some footage before comparing it with Capcom style remakes.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 13 years old on an HD console what the fuck does it need a remake for

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they significantly up the complexity of the level design (just as REmake 2 did for RE2). The linearity of the first Dead Space really hampered it as a survival horror game. Looking forward to this though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is gonna be a skip. PS3 games don't need remakes. This endless recycling of old content just to have stuff to sell is just getting so tiring.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm. Dead Space hasnt aged that badly. I'm down for more dead space but not sure I was expecting a remake

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Key note in this story
"While a new Dead Space is coming, Motive is rebooting the franchise with a full-fledged remake."

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I would have preferred a proper sequel or a complete reboot, but I guess it is better than no Dead Space.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It's 13 years old on an HD console what the fuck does it need a remake for

Was gonna say, Dead Space plays really well compared to RE2 remake right now on Xbox One.

I'll probably still pay for the shiny graphics and remixed encounters though, which is why they keep making these things.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Makes sense for me since the first one was on Game Pass Challenges a couple weeks ago. Maybe they were checking interest on the title.
I wish it was a new game, though.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'll feel differently after seeing it, but I don't understand what this means or why it's necessary. Dead Space already had a "modern" gameplay style. I guess maybe they'll be changing some scenarios and encounters like RE2 did?

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never played RE2 or RE2remake, what does this really mean? The jump from PS1 game mechanics to PS4 game mechanics is much larger than the jump from PS3 to PS5. Dead Space 1 didnt exactly play badly and I doubt it aged poorly.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Get me a remake of DS2 while you're at it. I want to see that free fall scene again.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space was a fun action game, but not very scary. I hope they nail the horror aspect a bit more.