• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Ah man. :( I was hoping both would be this month. Would mitigate no e3 a little I think.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will they have an Xbox Series X event before that? Because that seems like an awful lot of time to let Sony have the bulk of the limelight. Hell, you could argue the Unreal Engine 5 demo coupled with the two non PS5 related State of Plays (The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima) already inadvertently did that.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everybody that had a June event has moved it, I expect schedule shake-ups will continue.

It sucks that they get raked over the coals and called reactionary for "delaying" an event that they never even announced, and existed as rumor.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Great news. I think it must be related to price if he goes so far to say "Microsoft does not want to go first for this part". Really interested in seeing what else they had planned for this June event - couldn't have been only pricing.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will they have an Xbox Series X event before that? Because that seems like an awful lot of time to let Sony have the bulk of the limelight. Hell, you could argue the Unreal Engine 5 demo coupled with the two non PS5 related State of Plays (The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima) already inadvertently did that.

Xbox Series X games showcase is in July.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I mean in the end it doesnt matter. This will flip flop all the way to launch. They both cant show every week something.

No, i get that, i meant rather, that the gap between Sony and Microsoft showing games and everything is a bit big. Sony is gonna be this week, and Microsoft somewhere in July, so that means, Sony has 3-4 weeks for themselves, everyone will be talking about it. I wish Microsoft event was like a week after Sonys event or something.

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Bit off topic did whatever was his Mel Gibson tease happen? And if so what was it?
It's presumably the new star wars title that was already leaked (he starred in a movie called Maverick which also the name of the studio behind the game). The announcement was supposed to be early June, but was delayed.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

They have their XGS and select 3rd party partners showcase planned for sometime in July.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Almost everybody that had a June event has moved it, I expect schedule shake-ups will continue.

It sucks that they get raked over the coals and called reactionary for "delaying" an event that they never even announced, and existed as rumor.
LOL so true!

Although I see mostly praise and acceptance for it in this thread. Only a select few dislike the news for whatever reason, from disappointed to have to wait more for Xbox news to fake "concern" posts.

I think as fans being flexible to any potential schedule changes is the most reasonable way to approach this.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Sony and Microsoft are going to play cat and mouse on the price for so long that they will announce the price after the consoles release.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think its almost a guarantee that who ever goes first will get undercut, and thats not a risk either company wants to take, they will wait until the last possible moment to reveal their price. The only way someone wins is if they go in low first at 399, making an undercut inconceivable, i bet they both want 499, but know damn well that the other company can go 50 to 100 bucks less if they need to

I'm starting to expect $449.99 and $399.99, depending who blinks first.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
I view this more as a reaction to the current climate than a price announcement thing. Nobody wants to be the insensitive one by having their show first when people are still fired up over more important topics in the world. Just my two cents.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
"We are proud to announce that the price for our new console is $50 less than whatever the other guys are going to be pricing theirs! Check their upcoming stream for more info!"

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's presumably the new star wars title that was already leaked (he starred in a movie called Maverick which also the name of the studio behind the game). The announcement was supposed to be early June, but was delayed.
Ah, figured it'd have probably been delayed, just not been paying much attention to gaming news much and remembered it. Thanks!

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who likes to plan things well in advance this whole marking cycle for both systems has been a nightmare. All of this 4 dimension chess is just annoying at this point. That's why I miss E3, everyone just needs to shoot there shot and get it over with. Let the chips fall where they may.

May 7, 2020
User Banned (3 Days): Console warring, prior warning for console warning
Sony is doing their on thing like they always did.

Aint nobody waiting fir MS

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I will be pretty mad if we have to wait that long to hear the price. We better get it at the July event. Same goes for Sony with their August stuff.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if July has an event with first party games, then this event was trailers of third party games, and after the negative reaction to the previous showing they moved it later

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who likes to plan things well in advance this whole marking cycle for both systems has been a nightmare. All of this 4 dimension chess is just annoying at this point. That's why I miss E3, everyone just needs to shoot there shot and get it over with. Let the chips fall where they may.
If almost there is a reason for it.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
"We are proud to announce that the price for our new console is $50 less than whatever the other guys are going to be pricing theirs! Check their upcoming stream for more info!"
One of them announces the console to be free. The other announces that they will give everyone $50 and a free console.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Huh?

How is it not a fair criticism that a major gaming company doesn't have something to talk about in the former month of E3?
Something called Covid-19 happened lol. Delaying their big showcase from June to July seems pretty reasonable to me. First you were complaining that they were going to drop info before they showed games, now you're complaining that they moved it ... Your reaction to everything MS does is hyperbolic.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
Now watch Sony delay the showing of the console until late august...

DAMN IT GUYS, SOMEONE BLINK FIRST!!!

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still laughing that people are pissed about an event that was never officially announced yet lol

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I can definitely see MS wanting to go after Sony for this. If they're somehow able to price Series X $50-$100 less than PS5 they may shelve Lockheart for now

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
But July is still the month for showing the real shit, right? I want to see the good stuff.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Maybe theyre restructuring the event based on the backlash from the previous Inside Xbox?
My guess is, since they already have a July event planned and don't want to try to plan this event in what's left of June due to everything going on. So they push it past the July event instead of trying to Frankenstein those events together.

Edit for clarity.