• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Oh please be true, this has been a dream of mine since (before) the first launched. I LOVE Alan Wake.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Awesome news for Alan wake fans. They FINALLY will get a sequel to their game. However as much as happy iam for the game being finally being made, i can't support them financially for it :(

Jun 22, 2018
That would be incredible, if true. Alan Wake is still one of my all time favorite games.

Hopefully, if this is true, they aren't just starting into it right now, or it will be a LONG wait. lol

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool news.

The original game and small expansion were repetitive as hell but I really liked the games except that.

Hopefully Alan has been working out and he can run further!

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I never really got the hype behind Alan Wake but i remember when that Blair Witch game got revealed at the Xbox showcase a while ago..folks were into the idea. Curious to see what happens with this.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
If this turns out to be false, I will flip off a box of kittens so hard...

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Man Alan Wake is low key a classic. Best Remedy game by far imo. The gameplay somehow just really works amazingly.

Just pretty strange considering how the first one was a flop though.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Alan Wake is low key a classic. Best Remedy game by far imo. The gameplay somehow just really works amazingly.

Just pretty strange considering how the first one was a flop though.
It launched the same day as Red Dead Redemption and shortly before Super Mario Galaxy 2, all the air was sucked out of the room by those titles.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This mindset seems insane to me. Epic is funding and publishing the game. I honestly cannot understand having a problem with it staying exclusive to EGS under this scenario and flat-out refusing to play it.
Because having games segregated on PC is a huge pain in the ass with different platforms that don't even have the feature support and massive convenience that STEAM has... hell STEAM even actually allows some people like be to actually buy the game due to its community market place run by a user made economy and it has a Wallet system which can be funded through wallet codes and it having many payment methods that other platforms don't support.

There's also the fact that Valve is the most least likely to shut down or close steam in the near future because they have a rich private company that are not in any danger and don't seem to handle their platform with a hands on approach but a hands OFF approach. people feel 'secure' with their games on steam because steam hasn't f***ed with their games in more than a decade...

PC isn't anything simple like console. There are different practical ground realities when it comes to the user experience and them being a pain in the ass for the user.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is the approach Epic should be taking

Epic Publishing is going to be a powerhouse soon enough.
S7rjuXl.jpg

Such a sweet deal.
Awesome news for Alan wake fans. They FINALLY will get a sequel to their game. However as much as happy iam for the game being finally being made, i can't support them financially for it :(

Why is that?
Didnt like Alan Wake and Control?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Epic Publishing is going to be a powerhouse soon enough.
S7rjuXl.jpg

Such a sweet deal.

Why is that?
Didnt like Alan Wake and Control?
I loved Alan wake but have yet to play control however my reasoning is because its EGS exclusive and if you wanna still wanna why? then i just replied to another poster why its not possible for me to buy it just above. I'll just quote myself from that post.

Because having games segregated on PC is a huge pain in the ass with different platforms that don't even have the feature support and massive convenience that STEAM has... hell STEAM even actually allows some people like be to actually buy the game due to its community market place run by a user made economy and it has a Wallet system which can be funded through wallet codes and it having many payment methods that other platforms don't support.

There's also the fact that Valve is the most least likely to shut down or close steam in the near future because they have a rich private company that are not in any danger and don't seem to handle their platform with a hands on approach but a hands OFF approach. people feel 'secure' with their games on steam because steam hasn't f***ed with their games in more than a decade...

PC isn't anything simple like console. There are different practical ground realities when it comes to the user experience and them being a pain in the ass for the user.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Alan wake but have yet to play control however my reasoning is because its EGS exclusive and if you wanna still wanna why? then i just replied to another poster why its not possible for me to buy it just above. I'll just quote myself from that post.
This isn't related to EGS deals, though. It's a publishing branch from Epic. I know we should expect the game to be exclusive to EGS on PC but if you're not comfortable with using their launcher for whatever reason, it'll be on consoles as well.

Epic is funding 100% of the game (including marketing) and developers are still getting at least 50% after costs are recouped. And they still get the IP and complete creative freedom.

If, however, your stance is to never support Epic no matter what they do because of their stance on Steam, there's nothing that can be done. Just a heads-up, though: both Valve and Epic are private companies. The only difference (I think) is that Gabe Newell owns 100% of Valve and Tim Sweeney doesn't own all of Epic, but still the majority.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Good because Control was super underwhelming to me and all the AW teases did was make you wish you were playing AW2.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Important quote from the original press release:

The first project is Remedy's most ambitious one yet, an AAA multi-platform game already in pre-production. The second is a new, smaller-scale project set in the same franchise. Both games are being developed on Remedy's proprietary, state-of-the-art Northlight game engine and tools.

Presumably the former is Alan Wake 2.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
It launched the same day as Red Dead Redemption and shortly before Super Mario Galaxy 2, all the air was sucked out of the room by those titles.

Really? Thats crazy. I thought Alan Wake came out way before Read Dead.

Alan Wake also still holds up. A really fun game to play still. The difficult level on the default difficulty is also sublime. And obviously some amazing atmosphere.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Yes, but then again we can put stipulations to anything before we decide to purchase/play them.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
This was the EGS endgame. Had to get their foot in the door and build up business relationships (not-UE-related) first.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Mmm...I love Alan wake but dont have a PC for gaming...

So? You know what isn't exclusive to PC/EGS? A little game called Fortnite. I don't think they care about keeping their games off of consoles, as much as they don't want to give a cut of their sales on PC to their competitors in that space? This game is 100% coming to every platform that can run it/also has Fortnite on it.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
PS5, Series X?
Its probably 2 years out so youve got time to get a console.
So? You know what isn't exclusive to PC/EGS? A little game called Fortnite. I don't think they care about keeping their games off of consoles, as much as they don't want to give a cut of their sales on PC to their competitors in that space? This game is 100% coming to every platform that can run it/also has Fortnite on it.

I have a Series S!
So .. should I just be happy?
Great

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
With this one they will go crazy with RT effect , won't they? My PC is not ready, but for AW2 it will

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This isn't related to EGS deals, though. It's a publishing branch from Epic. I know we should expect the game to be exclusive to EGS on PC but if you're not comfortable with using their launcher for whatever reason, it'll be on consoles as well.

Epic is funding 100% of the game (including marketing) and developers are still getting at least 50% after costs are recouped. And they still get the IP and complete creative freedom.

If, however, your stance is to never support Epic no matter what they do because of their stance on Steam, there's nothing that can be done. Just a heads-up, though: both Valve and Epic are private companies. The only difference (I think) is that Gabe Newell owns 100% of Valve and Tim Sweeney doesn't own all of Epic, but still the majority.
Right. Well i only own a PC from 2003 and have upgraded it slowly throughout the decades... console price and their game prices are through the roof here touching 10K PKR and console prices are like 70K PKR or 90K PKR so its impossible for me where i live.

As for the company aspect which you just explained. Yeah its a reality which you described but i have confidence in the STEAM service since Valve had a handoff approach with it for a long time. Through their works you can see options for the customer being a priority whether its making games for multiple platforms, STEAM VR supporting any PC VR device or not paying developers to not put other games on competing software platforms... Epic have a nasty history with PC gaming which they abandoned the PC market when they weren't making much money, calling us PC customers as pirates and PC not a gaming platform thats profitable anymore.

Anyways iam not saying that Epic are entitled to put it on STEAM or anything like that but with their actions surrounding the current PC gaming space and the lack of my ability to secure my game for the near future and not experience headache with it. I'll have to sadly pass this opportunity to support the game there..

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I have a Series S!
So .. should I just be happy?
Great

You deserve to be happy. Go get it!

EPIC is not in the business of selling PC hardware. That is not their M.O. They just want you to, if you are playing on PC, buy your games on EGS, but they are just happy taking your money on XBOX, Playstation, Switch, Android...wherever.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine how good it will look and what crazy scenarios they come up with. Also, please remaster the 360 version or at least bump it up in BC!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Not really surprised, it was the obvious course after the AWE DLC. Personally kinda whatever about an AW2, as the first was always just kinda eh in the gameplay department.

Hopefully a second would be a lot more enjoyable to play gameplay mechanic wise.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Now we finally get to experience what a game like Alan Wake feels like with Ray Tracing. đź‘Ť