• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
rsz_dqs173x.png

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
We're never going to be surprised by third-party announcements anymore, are we?

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It was originally thought that was another PS5 event to show off the games left off in June. That turned out to be a PS4 and VR event.

I thought and may others thought there was a PS5 event later in August.

Since its not on your list its not happening then.

I wouldn't say it's not happening. It's just not on my list is all.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it would be announced this month. I think Shinobi mentioned September and now Jeff is saying October.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Can't wait. I kinda want to delay Cyberpunk (given the size and complexity of the game, it probably needs a few patches). A new ME run would be a nice way to fill that gap. Also cant wait to re-live this moment.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Oh, the wait is too long.
Mass Effect 2 is in my personal top 3 best video games list. I am really worried about them not including some of the DLC's, though. Pretty much every ME2 DLC + "From Ashes" and "Leviathan" for ME3 are essential.
Multiplayer would be a really nice bonus.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
So what are the chances that Mass Effect 1 full 4k remaster, 120fps, better menu handling is coming to Series X exclusive day 1?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the chances that Mass Effect 1 full 4k remaster, 120fps, better menu handling is coming to Series X exclusive day 1?

Exclusive? Nah. But 4k and 120fps for a 360 game should be easy enough. Better menus? I will be shocked if they put significant work into this. I'll be pleasantly surprised, but shocked.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Low expectations if they're just gonna push it out the door. I mean I'll buy it anyway, but, still.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Booted up ME1 on my 360 recently and boy it's rough. I would love to give a remaster a try but I'm hoping those rumors about removing some of the exploration parts arent true.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
While I wish this was a full on top to bottom remake I'll be happy with a remaster if it can help jump start interest in ME again for BioWare to return to the franchise properly this time. ME is one of my all time favorites and I really want to see it go on and for them to really explore in an honest and interesting fashion the fallout and effects of ME1-3 on the post war galaxy.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I hope all the DLC are included. Though they do vary in quality - I just want at least the most essential ones to be included like Lair of the Shadow Broker, Citadel, and such. Really looking forward to this.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
All this is going to be is:

- Games running in higher resolution, a few higher res assets but not many.
- Functioning save/character import between games.
- Controller support on PC.
- A few bugs and issues ironed out like the ME2 loading screens taking too long.
- Probably a few new bugs introduced.
- All DLC included.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what the heck this ends up being. No idea what to expect other than it being something beyond the PC port. Anything above upgraded resolution/60 FPS is a bonus. I say this as a hardcore ME fan where I just want to play it again on current hardware even if nothing has changed other than resolution (only played it on 360). I'm sure basically just being the PC version would not sit well with most, but I'll take anything.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Lol imagine if they release a standard pack with all the base games and a deluxe pack that includes the DLCs.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Exclusive? Nah. But 4k and 120fps for a 360 game should be easy enough. Better menus? I will be shocked if they put significant work into this. I'll be pleasantly surprised, but shocked.
I am totally making stuff up that I would love to see happen now that Halo is no longer a launch game.

Moneyhatting an exclusive patch to ME1, similar to Halo 2 Anniversary, would be awesome since ME1 was exclusive to Xbox for some time.

But just wishful thinking on my part. I'd love better textures, 4k/120fps and improvements to the ME1 menu that was one of the weaknesses of that game.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i'm a dumb person so i read as remaSSter, as Skyward Sword.

but i want ME above everything so gimme asap!

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I feel like Grubb has been wrong a lot lately. I roll my eyes when I see this stuff now. Things are probably changing a lot so I guess having zero expectations is the best way to go. Would not be surprised if next gen is delayed at this point