• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see a new Fable game. I absolutely loved Fable 2.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Kinda wild how quick kojima productions got a trailer ready for e3 after its foundation. I guess this game is at least 2 years away to be ready for the public.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
This is not about me or you. If u prefer MS games anything they deliver will be awesome for you.

I'm talking about the whole market, people out of ERA Buble.

Do you think players in general who are outside of MS ecosystem will go buy a Xbox Series X for Halo, Fable or Forza? These game are out there since forever.

About Sony show I didn't enjoy a lot of games showed there, but the variety was incredible. They have something for everyone.

Miles Morales is a standalone Spiderman game. That is enough most of people who play don't care about all these details.
I think Halo will drive folks to Xbox, yes. Halo has been shown to do that before. Halo was a system seller for Xbox. People bought it just for that one game. If Halo Infinite is done right, it could be that game again. Not sure about the rest and whether they are system sellers.

But the same question can be asked to you. Do you think Spiderman, an expansion, would drive people outside of the Sony ecosystem to the PS5? Probably not. Not if they didn't buy a PS4 when Spiderman released.

Why do you expect Microsoft to NOT have the same type of diversity from their lineup? Why wouldn't Microsoft have something for everyone?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's show was good, but the general consensus after the show was that they left the door open for MS to top it. Hopefully MS has some 'wow' moments that other shows have been missing so far.
The "general consensus" was not even close to that sentiment, unless you're only listening to select pockets of gamers. Before the show, there was more of a concensus that Sony would not have much to show because they typically don't have much as far as exclusive games in the first 2 years of the generation. Yet they announced a relatively surprising number of first-party games, including new games in some of their biggest franchises, and plenty of smaller titles thrown in the mix. Lots of games that are (best guess) coming out within 12 months of launch. The "negativity" I noticed was around the look of the console itself. I think what they showed is a good measure of what to expect from any publisher, including Microsoft.

Doesn't really matter where it's from, MS is going to have to be the one ta take advantage of this opportunity by delivering a better show.
The opportunity for them is to show off great looking games, which I'm sure they will.
Trying to top an already great showing would be the icing on the cake.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Miles Morales is a shorter experience based on the PS4 game. I just cannot get excited for that. If it were Spiderman2 that would be a different story. It's not.

I've seen this sentiment several times, so sorry for singling you out, but I want to address it: You honestly think Insomniac can turn around and make a full-fledged sequel in only two years? Sorry, but that's a ridiculous expectation for a AAA title.

The fact that we're even getting a stand-alone Spiderman title for launch, even if it's a smaller game, ALONG with a big new Ratchet & Clank game while also knowing that they're actively working on Spiderman 2 is nothing short of impressive. Insomniac is doing some good shit, but they are not gods.

Do you expect to see Gears 6 at Microsoft's conference? No, we'll likely see an expansion on Gears 5. Because such a turnaround for a full game in a short time is impossible.

And no, none of this has anything to do with console wars. I just don't think it's fair to have these completely unrealistic expectations for developers just so they can excite you for a plastic box.

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
This is not about me or you. If u prefer MS games anything they deliver will be awesome for you.

Do you think players in general who are outside of MS ecosystem will go buy a Xbox Series X for Halo, Fable or Forza? These game are out there since forever.

About Sony show I didn't enjoy a lot of games showed there, but the variety was incredible. They have something for everyone.

Miles Morales is a standalone Spiderman game. That is enough most of people who play don't care about all these details.

Considering how much Forza Horizon sells, how much Halo MCC sold on PC and the strenght of the Fable franchise before MS fucked it up, i do think people can enter MS's ecossystm (through PC or console) if the new games are good, yes.

For someone talking about the ERA bubble, you sure are in it :P

i do agree that there needs to exist variety in the event but i don't think it'll be missing that tbh

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
The Initiative is obviously saving the Silent Hill reboot for a sneak attack end of year reveal

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017

I was more talking about ERA and people like us. The general public is more on Sonys side, so I don't think it realy matters what MS shows.
I have never been a big Halo guy, so I don't know how much a good halo Infinte showing could do.

Last edited:

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Shinobi is an industry shill so of course he's going to say that.
LOL....right... Like when he said this about the May showcase:

I would keep expectations tempered tomorrow.

www.resetera.com

Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Ori and the Speed of the SSDs

I would keep expectations tempered tomorrow.

Sounds like you are trying to temper expectations and now you're wondering about view counts vs Sony's showing. Is it concern? Or console warring? What is it?

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I enjoyed Spiderman, but I got tired of it and never finished it. A new Spider-Man was the last sequel/expansion I wanted from Sony. The game that stood out to me was shinobi602's game, that one looks like a lot of fun and right up my alley. Horizon 2 gameplay could have really improved the show, but there wasn't any.

Come on.... This is completely out of touch. Of course people will buy Series X for Halo, Fable, and Forza. This is going to be the biggest/most ambitious Halo game yet, and has the opportunity to be a massive system seller. Fable 3 came out 10 years ago. A breathtaking fantasy RPG reboot of Fable by Playground absolutely has the opportunity to be a system seller
I mean who will buy a Xbox for these games are already on their ecosystem(pc or console).

What will bring new players to their ecosystem is games out of Fable, Gears, Forza and Halo franchises.

These franchises are out there since first Xbox(besides gears).

These games I know will come , I want see the new franchises( obsidian rpg, the initiative, inxile big AAA)

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Doesn't really matter where it's from, MS is going to have to be the one ta take advantage of this opportunity by delivering a better show.

When you talk about "general consensus" of course it matter where it comes from, if it´s from a certain expected group is not "general consensus".
That doesn´t mean that MS shouldn´t try to have an even better show.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I mean who will buy a Xbox for these games are already on their ecosystem(pc or console).

What will bring new players to their ecosystem is games out of Fable, Gears, Forza and Halo franchises.

These games I know will come , I want see the new franchises( obsidian rpg, the initiative, inxile big AAA)
Do you think God of War brought people into the PS ecosystem? That was a franchise that was around for a long time too.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
When you talk about "general consensus" of course it matter where it comes from, if it´s from a certain expected group is not "general consensus".
That doesn´t mean that MS shouldn´t try to have an even better show.
The general consensus was from people are follow gaming news. I think it was Jeff Grubb (Might have been a different insider) who said the same thing, that Sony left the door open for MS.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

I think you are perhaps underestimating what cross appeal Fable had back in the day.
It's been a decade since the last game and there will be a whole generation of people who won't have played it.

It's been long enough that I am excited to see it , we haven't had anything in a Similar vein since Skyrim in 2011, so I do think that there is a void waiting to be filled.

New games and series are always good, but as we know, new IP are more difficult to market. Which is why the big hitting AAA games from Sony and MS have been mostly sequels to known entities.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Grouping Fable with Gears, Forza, and Halo is very disingenuous of you. Nobody expected a new Fable game until rumors of Playground developing one started and we haven't had a AAA Fable game in forever. Revitalizations of old franchises can certainly bring new people in. God of War is a perfect example of that.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

How are you managing to shove Fable - a rebooted IP that skipped current gen - into this console warz-esque narrative?

I have no freaking idea why a thread about one game being announced later in the year instead of July has now turned into list wars and a whole narrative about people the console would appeal to.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for speaking for all of us :rolleyes:

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
i don't mean that to dismiss sackboy, i absolutely loved the announcement and can't wait for it. It's just that both games are 3D platformers (a rarity nowadays) that look really good and have big production values.
I totally understood what you meant especially the fact that they are both 3D platformers and Psychonauts is a very unique platformer with amazing visuals and gameplay mechanics to boot.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in Fable, but not too shocked that we won't see The Initiative. Maybe closer to the end of the year.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is Psychonauts 2 still planned for other platforms or is it Xbox/PC only for now?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Perfect Dark in terms of new games has been dead since 2005. I guess the XBLA port might have kept it in the public consciousness, but even that is like 10 years old.

Microsoft themselves refer to The Initiative as a "AAAA" studio.

People keep heckling MS to bring back Banjo or Conker, but apparently the line should be drawn at Perfect Dark?-

They brought KI back and people loved it. You think anyone complained it was a 'dead IP' or demanded MS created a new fighting game IP from scratch?