• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two games out of 2-3 dozen of MS's pipeline won't be there per Grubb is all we need for these hot fire takes to start pouring in. Amazing. Delaying Starfield and Redfall 6-9 months really reset the clock with some of this bullshit concern trolling, and part of me hates myself for engaging with it.

The games that won't be there is pretty expected if you have followed the XGS OT or projects. Not surprising for actual fans of those franchises.

I expect to see gameplay for their upcoming 18 month roadmap , which if we're being 100% realistic (based on rumors and public info about the projects), would include the below games of which most should release by end of 2023:

Starfield
Redfall
3 (!!!!) Obsidian games including Avowed and the unannounced Sawyer project
Forza (the boring kind)
Some of their Publishing titles (Contraband, As Dusk Falls, Belfry)

I'd consider most of those games above a lock for this Sunday, with a release dates in the somewhat near future of 6-18 months. I'd also be really happy with seeing Starfield and Avowed gameplay alone.

They STILL have a shit ton of games that could show up with a later release date or surprise us and be sooner than what is expected:

Hellblade 2
State of Decay 3
Kojimas Project- which could actually double dip this week with SGF if it is the rumored Xbox game
Wolf 3
Compulsions Project
Some of the other Publishing deals from the dozen or so rumored games by Windows Central
The Coalition's project - Gears related or not
Minecraft Spin-offs
Id Software or Zenimax's Online's next game

I get that not everyone follows this shit closely, are there are bound to be disappointed from legitimate fans of
Fable and Perfect Dark
, but it's gets really hard to separate those from what is very thinly veiled concern trolling. MS have a ton of games in development in those two genres alone that, I'd like to think, would get fans of those games excited.

Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

God, I can't fucking wait for this showcase. It's going to be a doozy.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
fable is my most anticipated game as I love that studio I am quite disapointed we are not getting any update...

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Those two games won't be at the Xbox conference on Sunday because they're going to be on the Summer Game Fest tomorrow right?

RIGHT?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
No
Fable
is disappointing for certain (it's also the game my partner is most excited about), but Microsoft has a lot of games in its development pipelines, so I'm confident Sunday will be a decent showing. I'm hoping for some Avowed gameplay, myself.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
No Fable dang. It was quiet on that front so not surprising but was hoping to see it regardless. I just hope whenever it comes out the live service does not kill the game's legacy. I want an ARPG with Sims elements and not something watered down that just has you doing repetitive dailies.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Not a ton I'm excited for, but I never expected these games to show up anyway. I just hope there's proper gameplay footage of what they do show. Very tired of teasers and CGI trailers for things that are barely in production. Give me 10 minutes of someone actually playing Starfield with a controller in their hands.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the spoiler was the two games I'm the most hyped for.

Still excited to see what is brewing. All I know about off the top of my head is Starfield and I'm going to try and keep it that way.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fable was announced way too early.
Honestly this industry need (fans and devs/pubs) for hype and secrecy is the thing that's wrong. I'm all for more transparency about what's coming, and if things don't happen or get moved around then it would be good for gamers to just be a bit grown up about those realities.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Literally the only 2 games I want at this point...

If avowed is there that should be exciting at least. Hope it shows up.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I think it sucks that both Fable and Perfect Dark were flaunted just to remind everyone they own the ips. I don't know when the heck we'll actually see these games resurface.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I think it sucks that both Fable and Perfect Dark were flaunted just to remind everyone they own the ips. I don't know when the heck we'll actually see these games resurface.
Do you think Splinter Cell, KOTOR remake, and Wolverine being announced as early as they were was just to show they had access to the IPs? Or do you think it's possible that they need to market themselves to get developers?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Do you think Splinter Cell, KOTOR remake, and Wolverine being announced as early as they were was just to show they had access to the IPs? Or do you think it's possible that they need to market themselves to get developers?
Could be column a or column b. More and more games have been getting announced really really early in recent years.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
IDK about the first two but Wolverine was 100% shown early to flex about having it as an IP

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
I want me some classic Rare goodness... I'm going to be disappointed aren't I?

Apr 23, 2018
If Fable won't be at the show because they don't have gameplay to show ok. But if they show InXiles new game with a cgi trailer. When it's probably farther out then Fable what's the reasoning on why they can't show another fable trailer?

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
If Fable won't be at the show because they don't have gameplay to show ok. But if they show InXiles new game with a cgi trailer. When it's probably farther out then Fable what's the reasoning on why they can't show another fable trailer?
I don't think we'll see inXile's new game, but there is a pretty big difference between the two:

CGI trailers can be outsourced and not mess with development team. A gameplay trailer requires taking time away from development from the team to craft a demo/sequence/vertical slice for the trailer.

SPEA

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh....really bummed if we don't get a Fable update. One of my most anticipated games.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa

Pretty obvious no? The fact that you're referring to it as "InXiles new game" answers your question.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
To those saying Fable was announced too early, everyone knew it was being made 2 years prior. Most people back then were calling it the worst secret in gaming. They announced it because everyone already knew and MS needed some momentum with the console coming out later in the year.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
To those saying Fable was announced too early, everyone knew it was being made 2 years prior. Most people back then were calling it the worst secret in gaming. They announced it because everyone already knew and MS needed some momentum with the console coming out later in the year.
the whole thing about "showing it too early" has never made sense to me for any games. The game exists and will eventually be shown and when it is shown, everyone will forget that it wasn't shown off at this particular event on Sunday.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing but this is just the Starfield show for me. Anything else is bonus.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
So, since this show is locked down, maybe Grubb's deduction than neither will be shown on Sunday is from his knowledge that both will premiere during TGA later this year :P

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
I've always been under the impression that Grubb's access to sources is actually pretty limited… which makes it pretty weird that he's developed the reputation he has.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I mean that ship has loooong sailed, i'm afraid. But i'm right there with you.

Banjo threeie, baby!

Don't know how that's 'long sailed'. Since 2013, we've had Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, and Battletoads. Goldeneye remaster will be releasing very soon and a new Perfect Dark is on the way. Definitely want even more classic Rare games (hopefully Banjo announced in a few days), but they're certainly not lying as dormant now as they used to.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the whole thing about "showing it too early" has never made sense to me for any games. The game exists and will eventually be shown and when it is shown, everyone will forget that it wasn't shown off at this particular event on Sunday.
As others have pointed out, early announcements are largely about recruiting talent. Many that potentially weren't interested in working for Playground Games because they don't want to work on racing games were undoubtedly pulled in after the Fable announcement.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
As others have pointed out, early announcements are largely about recruiting talent. Many that potentially weren't interested in working for Playground Games because they don't want to work on racing games were undoubtedly pulled in after the Fable announcement.
Yeah, what I meant was that complaints about it being shown too early make no sense to me.