• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season finale is going to be wild

tenor.gif

HA!

Or perhaps it is just an elaborate process to find the next Sith apprentice?

Congratulations, you have destroyed your competition. Now rise and take your place by my side Darth Stacey.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, but they could easily just post commercials for D+ in the cartoons that already have on the youtube channel. You don't need to sacrifice original, exclusive content just for marketing.

I guess they want to bump up the profile of the youtube channel, but to what end?

It does give the YouTube channel a signature show to drive people there. Also, if they've now got the staging, props and costumes good to go whenever they need them then maybe it's now relatively cheap to produce going forward and you can now churn out a bunch. Promote Disneyland by making that a trip to there and feature a video package talking about whatever the new attraction is. Have the stars of whatever new film Disney are putting out appear as guest hosts. Keep it coming on a regular basis and you've got a nice steady promotional drip feed.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Are people really upset that something is going to be available for free (assuming this is not YouTube TV) instead of on a paid service?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is really cool, I'm a big fan of Scott Bromley who is working on this as well.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First couple of episodes went up.

The production values are pretty good, but right off the bat I'm wishing there were more opportunities to cheat with the Dark Side and get fucked over later.

They really should have called the Blue team the Blue Banthas.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I caught the first two episodes and the production values are shockingly high. The sets look great, and I was surprised that it had an orchestrated soundtrack. And how much money did they have to throw at the person who did a cameo? Still, I wish it was filmed in front of a studio audience to give it more of a game show feel. The way its filmed seems ripe for editing trickery. I felt like the temple run itself had less of a sense of urgency since we're not seeing it in real time.

It's entertaining enough overall, but I do hope they work out some of the kinks. Legends of the Hidden Temple managed to pack in the moat, Steps of Knowledge, temple games, and the temple run itself. Jedi Temple basically combines the moat and the temple games, while making the steps and temple run longer. The Trials of Knowledge in particular kind of drag for me, but maybe fans of the lore will be more interested.

And while I do like that both team members go into the temple at the end, my biggest concern is that in the first two episodes the challenges were always the same. What made Legends of the Hidden Temple so great was the constantly rotating selection of games and temple rooms. This can get old fast if it's just the same thing over and over.

Ahmed looked like he was having a blast though. Good for him for getting to write a new chapter in his Star Wars legacy.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funniest part for me was when the losing team popped up with the blue hologram effect and for a moment there I thought they were supposed to be force ghosts.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, this looks fun. Can't wait to watch.

Damn I loved Legends of the Hidden Temple as a kid.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really wanted
the Dark Side to speak up when one of them crossed the Bridge of Balance and tell them to leave their teammate behind.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
The way its filmed seems ripe for editing trickery. I felt like the temple run itself had less of a sense of urgency since we're not seeing it in real time.
After watching both episodes I agree here. Cuts were super fast and some shots were oddly close to the action and looked almost staged. You can tell the kids are all doing this at once because you can see all the teams in the background of different shots but idk it felt weird. Could have done better pulling back a bit with both shots and cuts, and even having a split-screen showing all teams. Live audience might not be a bad idea either but it could be weird with how it's set up to be a test to become a Jedi.

Definitely has potential and I'll probably watch the remaining episodes if they change the challenges up enough.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely has potential and I'll probably watch the remaining episodes if they change the challenges up enough.
From the trailer it looks like at the very least the puzzle room in the temple will be changed up. The Trials of Strength look like they'll always be the same sadly.

Also, the temple absolutely needs stormtroopers who sneak up on kids and scare the crap out of them.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This show is absolutely phenomenal, one of my favourite Star Wars things in years. I want the Jedi Temple obstacle course built at Disneyworld ASAP.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to subscribe to just new episodes of this in YouTube? I don't want full Star Wars Kids notifications!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a good idea, after watching an episode. However, the lack of a crowd is so awkward. No cheering or gasping. It's super bizarre. Also the edits were really weird. Why were they so close to the action? I feel like a more pulled-out, eagle cam would give us a lot better view of the action.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Watched this in a Jenny Nicholson stream, it seems approachable enough for kids.

Want more Dark Side stuff tho

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I think this is a good idea, after watching an episode. However, the lack of a crowd is so awkward. No cheering or gasping. It's super bizarre. Also the edits were really weird. Why were they so close to the action? I feel like a more pulled-out, eagle cam would give us a lot better view of the action.

Yeah, they need to back off and keep things less hectic. Focus on each group/kid for longer during the physical challenges.

My daughters may enjoy this. I'm going to introduce them to it tonight. I'm not sure it can hold my attention/take up my time by myself.