• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I just learnt that this game was 45 fps on PS5 until now. I knew something was off when I tried it when I got my console but I couldn't figure it.
Was it? I thought it was 60fps 1080p. Huh.

I just bought it a few weeks ago and played through the intro on PS5. It already looked absolutely incredible. Definitely gonna do a playthrough soon as I'm done with Miles.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I literally just started tackling this game the other day. Good ways in but this should make the last half of the game even more enjoyable.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
My PC with an i7 6700k and a 980TI runs the game 60fps or higher at 1440p. Why is this struggling on next gen hardware?

Also why is the ps5 version resolution not have dynamic and set to a lower threshold? All that's going to do is fuel more flames when it outperforms the Series X because it had a lower bar. Is it because it's still using ps4 pro as a base?

Oct 30, 2017

I just bought it a few weeks ago and played through the intro on PS5. It already looked absolutely incredible. Definitely gonna do a playthrough soon as I'm done with Miles.
It is.
NX gamer's footage is showing no drops. Footage starts around 18:40. NX gamers says he still caught the game dropping to 900p instead of being at 1080p. So they got the game running at 1200p flat across the board with this new patch. So it's still somewhat decent gains.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
My PC with an i7 6700k and a 980TI runs the game 60fps or higher at 1440p. Why is this struggling on next gen hardware?

It's not 'struggling', it's just a limitation with the current codebase which is based around the PS5/Xbox One. This isn't a 'full' next-gen patch, it just ups the ceiling that the current code can scale to.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017

Its been 60 on PS5 and XSX, but at 1080p. EA must be comparing it to lastgen consoles, those average 45 fps most likely, the cap was always 60, they were just never able to get there.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished this game on my PS5 four days ago
oops

I don't know why you would care given how shitty this update is on PS5.

Hell they fucking removed the option to run the game at a higher resolution at the expense of frame rate.

This update is bullshit when performance mode already ran at 1080p60

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Is this update LIVE yet? I just fired up the game on the S and Gamepass didnt see any update. Im in UK. Is there a version number anywhere?

Mar 31, 2018
Yeah, they removed the options on PS5. Just one mode now.

updated04jg3.jpg

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hey that's nice, I've had the game pass version downloaded and was thinking of playing it soon.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I was going to play this last week but was put off by how shitty it looks. Good timing here, will give it another shot.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I'm a stick to one game until you beat it type of person and I've completed 8 games since I got my Series X and Jedi Fallen Order has been a candidate each time I picked a game and I'm so happy that I held off. Pure blind luck but I am excited to play this at 60FPS.

Mar 31, 2018
Here's a quick video I made of the PS5 version, don't know if done before in this thread. Added loading times, not sure if they improved on those as well. Lazy to check. Still processing, should be done soon. Might do a longer one but got some family coming over in a second.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
There's more to image quality than just resolution.

For what is worth, I won't be missing the 4k 30fps mode on PS5. I tested both modes extensively and 1080p 60fps was definitely the way to go in my opinion.
I would rather play anything at 60fps, dude.

But I'm just saying this isn't a great resolution for a last gen title on current gen hardware.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
What was the resolution before this update @ 4K then on PS5?

If it was higher than 1200p then removing the option is shit.

It was 1260p for geometry

No post processing is carried out at 1400p , which is higher than before, I'd be amazed if it doesn't look better than it did

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Damn, I just beat the game 2 days ago on PS5.

Anyway, I don't understand this update.

" Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)" in resolution mode? Wasn't it already 60 fps in performance mode?

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was 1260p for geometry

No post processing is carried out at 1400p , which is higher than before, I'd be amazed if it doesn't look better than it did

Okay thanks. Now I understand what that other poster was getting at.

I still think this update kinda sucks for PS5 users but at least it is somewhat better.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
At some point I might give this a shot on XSX, but for anyone with a decent PC - like, 2070 and Ryzen 3600 - you can easily hit 1440p60 with everything on high. This game seems much better optimized on PC. Don't get me wrong - updates are awesome, glad it has it, I purchased this game on Xbox to support it even though I never played it, etc. Just think PC is the definitive platform for this one.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this already running at 1080p/60 on Series X in performance mode? So, we're getting a bump in res.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Please play it if you haven't already! BD-1 and Merrin are the best.
The only recurrent issue I think I'll have while playing this game will be that terrible running cycle animation, it's a shame they never fixed that shit. Hopefully I'll get used to it after a while, but it's just so terrible... as if he was rushing to the toilet.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only recurrent issue I think I'll have while playing this game will be that terrible running cycle animation, it's a shame they never fixed that shit. Hopefully I'll get used to it after a while, but it's just so terrible... as if he was rushing to the toilet.
Not to mention sometimes it seems like I'm not even running, but I am. I'm like "wait, AM I sprinting rn?"

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so normal on XSX is still 30 but at dynamic 1440p-4k? only performance is 60? Don't know what it defaults to on game pass but it seemed pretty smooth a couple of weeks ago when I tried it out

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Damn, I just beat the game 2 days ago on PS5.

Anyway, I don't understand this update.

" Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)" in resolution mode? Wasn't it already 60 fps in performance mode?
They're talking about the previous version on Pro/PS4. There never was an 'update' of any kind before this, the boost you got was simply due to PS5's backwards compat, so this is just their way of telling you what benefits you get running this on PS5 vs a Pro/PS4.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Also, not a word about loading times in the patch notes is worrying. The game takes forever to load on PS5.

They're talking about the previous version on Pro/PS4. There never was an 'update' of any kind before this, the boost you got was simply due to PS5's backwards compat, so this is just their way of telling you what benefits you get running this on PS5 vs a Pro/PS4.
Got it. Thanks!