• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EA's past Star Wars Celebration trailers for reference on what I am expecting.

Battlefront

Battlefront 2

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given how Respawn has made nothing but gold and really nails movement in their games I have high hopes for this.

Don't let us down!!!

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Worried about the story or gameplay?
Because Fallen Order should be a quantum leap in both aspects
Respawn has a recent track record of great campaigns (TF2 was one the best FPS campaigns of the last decade) and tight, responsive gameplay
Stig is also the game director so wielding a lightsaber should feel badass at the least

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Worried about the story or gameplay?
Because Fallen Order should be a quantum leap in both aspects
Respawn has a recent track record of great campaigns (TF2 was one the best FPS campaigns of the last decade) and tight, responsive gameplay
Both, only based on that namedrop. I have confidence that Respawn will make a great SW game, but that description doesn't inspire confidence, at least for me.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
If Respawn will not be able to make a good SW game than no EA studio will.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
There's some more details here:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-...galaxy-of-games-coming-to-celebration-chicago
As well as mentioning an event for SWTOR which will have more details (note: SWTOR is set more than a thousand years from the Prequals, I think it's actually three thousand)
And Star Wars: The Old Republic, one of the longest running games set a thousand years before the rise of the Empire, will be hosting a special event with more details to come.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Given both Titanfall 2 and Apex: Legends, I'm amazed anyone thinks this will be anything but stellar.

I do hope we get some genuine gameplay footage however.

Fuck CGI reveals.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah any Force Unleashed influences/comparisons are.. not flattering in my eyes, hoping it's lot more like the Jedi Knight games really. Third person is fine.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
If it looks great I will order 66.

I'll get me coat...

I'm very excited for this but trying not to get my hopes up.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I saw this asked but don't think it was answered - do we know if this is on Frostbite, or modified Source a la TF1/TF2?

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For all the flaws of The Force Unleashed games they both had plenty of cool components. Tossing around enemies with Force powers was incredibly satisfying and that opening level where you play as Vader was aces.

You could easily extrapolate on those games and make something spectacular, especially if you seriously tweak/overhaul the lightsaber combat.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they finally deliver with this one. EA has been nothing but misses when it's comes to the SW franchise, but I have faith in Stig and Respawn.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
This game is easily my most anticipated for 2019...but I'm also (irrationally?) worried about it. How long has it actually been in production? EA didn't acquire Respawn until November 2017. So it will have been in production for less than two years when it releases? That is a distressingly short time in the hopper for what I assume is a high-caliber AAA game. Is it just a lot smaller scale than we should expect? Could it end up being a budget title (Hard to believe)? Obviously EA needed to get something out there with the shitshow that was the Battlefront 2 launch and then TWO Star Wars game cancellations after that. I'm just worried this will be a serious rush job.

I'm so excited to have a Respawn Star Wars game, but I see a lot of potential red flags here. Please, Era, convince me I'm crazy and worrying for nothing.

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This game is easily my most anticipated for 2019...but I'm also (irrationally?) worried about it. How long has it actually been in production? EA didn't acquire Respawn until November 2017. So it will have been in production for less than two years when it releases? That is a distressingly short time in the hopper for what I assume is a high-caliber AAA game. Is it just a lot smaller scale than we should expect? Could it end up being a budget title (Hard to believe)? Obviously EA needed to get something out there with the shitshow that was the Battlefront 2 launch and then TWO Star Wars game cancellations after that. I'm just worried this will be a serious rush job.

I'm so excited to have a Respawn Star Wars game, but I see a lot of potential red flags here. Please, Era, convince me I'm crazy and worrying for nothing.
Stig announced he was working on Fallen Order all the way back in May of 2016
He had been working for Respawn since 2014
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...2/5804984/stig-asmussen-respawn-entertainment

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Can't wait. Respawn is on a roll so hopefully thegame is incredible and everyone buys it so EA can understand the demand for single player star wars

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see they're showing it, since it's supposed to be out this year.

Really looking forward to finally seeing this.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand I'm hoping this will be good, but I'm worried EA will shove a bunch of MTX into it.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Hype at zero because EA......but Respawn seem to be the only good thing EA have got going right now so I hope they can deliver a great single player game.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
After EA shattered my hopes and dreams of what I thought at the time looked like a great game, Star Wars 1313, I do go in with very low expectations. I just hope it is not too much to ask for an amazing Star Wars single player game.

But I am not hyping it up too much, because I have been burned too many times in the past. We do have an amazing lineup of 2019 games already. A great Star Wars game would be the cherry on the top.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
My expectations are low as dirt these days when it comes to both Star Wars and EA, so it's hard to get excited.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Yup of course this was going to be there, the Merch is released on Triple Force Friday as well, they are going all in this year.

Mandalorian, Episode 9 and Fallen Order Merch, for all 3 the same day.