• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I've always appreciated Iiro Rantala. Here's few of his trios (other one being quite unconventional with the beatboxer) and one solo perfomance.

Edit: Aha, it won't allow me to post more than two videos.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
61D-HAjUszL.jpg

/s

OP
OP
ODD

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Not the greatest sound quality, but Jesus Christ, it's worth listening anyways...

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jazz is super awesome. I sorta fell out of the loop after college but during those years I basically listened to the classics. Miles and Coltrane and that sorta stuff. I heavily fucks with GoGo Penguin right now.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to like jazz. I really enjoy instrumental music, especially since it's great in the background when working or relaxing at home. So I listened to a some of the music on the first page and... just not my cup of tea. And a lot of it just reminds me of navigating menus in Gran Turismo.

But there is some that I find I enjoy. Coltrane, Horace Silver, etc. I'll stick on that realm and see if my taste changes over time.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales

still not enough Soil & "PIMP" sessions here, they're playing in London on July 5th and I've already got my tickets :D:D

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
At 7:30 p.m. ET, McGill University's Jazz Orchestra I is playing a tribute to Charles Mingus. Hopefully the webcast isn't region blocked.

Performance of the music of Charles Mingus, including excerpts from the 1972 recording Let My Children Hear Music! Transcribed and adapted by Schulich School of Music faculty and students.

Program

Mingus, arr. Normand Guilbeault: "Don't be Afraid, the Clown's Afraid Too"
Mingus, arr. Taylor Donaldson: "The Shoes of the Fisherman's Wife are Some Jive-ass Slippers"
Mingus, arr. Sy Johnson: "The I of Hurricane Sue"
Mingus, arr. Sullivan: "Celia"
Kirk MacDonald, arr. Sullivan: "You See But You Don't Hear"
Mingus, arr. Johnson: "Better Git Hit in Your Soul"

Wag

Nov 3, 2017

Ken Clark is awesome. He lives in my area and is one of the best Jazz/Blues organists in the world. He plays at a little local club by me all the time- he brings a full Hammond B3 with him.

Blows me away every time. Last time I asked him to play Booker T's Hip-Hug-Her and he did :) .