• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I'm confused how it's a shitty take. Also what does he actually need to explain when it's clear as day??? Nothing to explain about his money and support being funnelled to an anti black organisation. Sounds like you need to do some reassessment
It's a shitty take just because bey doesn't agree with him on this she should just leave her husband? Shit is stupid life is complex and Jay need to explain because he hasn't yet this shit looks bad af and before I turn anyone under the bus I let them speak sorry I dont fit ya mold bruh lol

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
It's a shitty take just because bey doesn't agree with him on this she should just leave her husband? Shit is stupid life is complex and Jay need to explain because he hasn't yet this shit looks bad af and before I turn anyone under the bus I let them speak sorry I dont fit ya mold bruh lol
Well if she truly believes in the "cause" as it's been prominent in her recent music but nonetheless doesn't agree with Jay Z and his recent actions then yes she can leave. But if she continues touting on being "pro black" but saying nothing about her husband's significant contributions in causes which harm the black American community then yes she's just as worse as him. It's peak performative activism.
Don't be naive to what these multi millionaires are doing. They'll put out some sweet talk while distracting you where the money is going. It's what the Koch brothers do. Classicism presides over race. Jay Z does not care for the black community unless they can line his pockets

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This organization is trash and I want to see Jay catch heat for this and hopefully respond or clean up.

It's really frustrating, especially given the lyrical content on 4:44 all speaking against institutions like this. Also Rapsody is my fav female rapper and she's extremely pro Black Lives Matter. Weird to see her name on this but I wonder if it was more about giving money to Chicago visa vi the biggest name she saw? She's also volunteering though.

The whole situation stinks.

That said, holy fuck at some of the responses in this thread. Talking about how he's cancelled now or you'll never listen to his music again. "I knew it. Jay is MAGA" "Never touching Reasonable Doubt again". Some of you pick up the pitchforks a little too quickly, is it too much to expect more of a conversation after one report comes out?

Dead Man

Nov 1, 2017
Jesus. Those white man's burden, dread civilising, proud house slave tweets are fucking horrifying.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
That said, holy fuck at some of the responses in this thread. Talking about how he's cancelled now or you'll never listen to his music again. "I knew it. Jay is MAGA" "Never touching Reasonable Doubt again". Some of you pick up the pitchforks a little too quickly, is it too much to expect more of a conversation after one report comes out?
Eat the rich

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
This organization is trash and I want to see Jay catch heat for this and hopefully respond or clean up.

It's really frustrating, especially given the lyrical content on 4:44 all speaking against institutions like this. Also Rapsody is my fav female rapper and she's extremely pro Black Lives Matter. Weird to see her name on this but I wonder if it was more about giving money to Chicago visa vi the biggest name she saw? She's also volunteering though.

No...it's been a steady stream of fuckery since word of the NFL deal came out.

And this organization looks toxic as fuck...

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
its always been hilarious watching jay constantly pretend about social issues only to really show he wants to exploit it and never catch heat for it. if you did you were called a hater and to stop bringing another black man down

trust a hustler and a mofo who shot his brother over shiny rocks to care about anything other than money breh

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This def Get Out shit..... man gone

Oh and Roc Nation retweeted this shit... But yeh Jay is a dope guy n that...

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jay always seemed slimey to me , at least when it came to business. That cutting off dreads tweet is a lot to take in.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I definitely said "this seems like a good thing" when the NFL partnership was announced. I at least qualified it with "let's see how it goes", but they sure taught me not to speak up on things I don't know shit about.

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando

You are crazy if you think this guy is going to explain himself. It's bad optics.

He'll wait for this to die down, or claim he was unaware of their problematic nature.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jay-Z is a billionaire. He did not need to involve out of touch White folks in his philanthropy/activism. There are plenty of Black organizations that would have welcomed the funding.

Rather than be "past kneeling" he could have collaborated with Kaep. I hope someone else beats him to the punch and becomes the first Black team owner.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Jay-Z is a billionaire. He did not need to involve out of touch White folks in his philanthropy/activism. There are plenty of Black organizations that would have welcomed the funding.

Rather than be "past kneeling" he could have collaborated with Kaep. I hope someone else beats him to the punch and becomes the first Black team owner.

Why would he collaborate with Kaep per se? Kaep doesn't further his goals and frankly if Jay Z were about political activism then he would just do it. This has always been about the money for him. The NFL does more for his bottom line.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

This def Get Out shit..... man gone

Oh and Roc Nation retweeted this shit... But yeh Jay is a dope guy n that...

I feel bad for these kids. I grew up in inner city LA in the 90s, so I've definitely seen what it's like when you don't have the luxury to look past a hand offering "help."

Organizations like this thrive in inner cities, and in most cases they're nothing but glorified grifts ciphoning money from actual organizations that would be about the community AND the culture, all while infusing their brand of diet racism and assuaging white guilt. These organizations don't see black culture, value black culture, or respect black culture. They're view black people as, well, the white man's burden.

Jay Z ain't no kind of shit for this.

Jan 10, 2018

One report? You got some catching up to do.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
You are crazy if you think this guy is going to explain himself. It's bad optics.

He'll wait for this to die down, or claim he was unaware of their problematic nature.

He won't publicly, but he absolutely will throw this on a few bars...he usually does for past scandals/beefs.

The insane thing is a point someone made on twitter; if you take a step back, even though its unplanned and accidental, this was a genius move by the NFL. The title of this SHOULD be "NFL gives cash to an All Lives Matter org!" but instead Jay is getting all the smoke.

Its fascinating because Jay has meticulously cultivated this essences of 'coolness' which got him his billion. While the money is going nowhere, the 'coolness' is gone.

Years ago Harry Belafonte called him out (and he responded extremely disrespectfully on wax) for not using his powers for activism. But since then he's gone out of his way: penning NY times opinion pieces, producing documentaries about injustice, and has given cash to causes. Even tho he was a dick about it, obviously that criticism hurt. Now he's back to square one, actually worse. Before he was seen as indifferent, now he's seen as exploitive. And that's gotta sting for a guy who spent his whole career making sure you wanted to be him

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for these kids. I grew up in inner city LA in the 90s, so I've definitely seen what it's like when you don't have the luxury to look past a hand offering "help."

Organizations like this thrive in inner cities, and in most cases they're nothing but glorified grifts ciphoning money from actual organizations that would be about the community AND the culture, all while infusing their brand of diet racism and assuaging white guilt. These organizations don't see black culture, value black culture, or respect black culture. They're view black people as, well, the white man's burden.

Jay Z ain't no kind of shit for this.
Missionary bullshit that they don't have to get on a plane for, shame because there are a so many great orgs out there that are actually doing great work

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The pic was tweeted by Crushers Club -- a Chicago youth empowerment group -- almost 3 years ago, and shows Sally Hazelgrove cutting the locks of a teen named Kobe. Someone on the Internet dug up the tweet after TMZ broke the story ... Meek would be donating money to Crushers Club.

The social media backlash is focused on the imagery -- a white woman cutting Kobe's locks -- and Sally's caption, "It's symbolic of change and their desire for a better life." People who are critical think it reeks of cultural insensitivity.

Kobe himself, though, says the critics have it all wrong. Once the Internet outrage began, he quickly posted a video explaining that HE wanted to cut his hair. "That's something I wanted to do because I was tired of it. Tired of gang banging, tired of messing up. Now, I'm a changed young man."

One source involved in Thursday's event said the attacks on Hazelgrove -- who's worked tirelessly for Chicago kids -- came off as reverse racism. Criticism aside ... the event and the donation are going forward as scheduled.

smh

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
"That's something I wanted to do because I was tired of it. Tired of gang banging, tired of messing up. Now, I'm a changed young man."

getoutcover.0.jpg

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He won't publicly, but he absolutely will throw this on a few bars...he usually does for past scandals/beefs.

The insane thing is a point someone made on twitter; if you take a step back, even though its unplanned and accidental, this was a genius move by the NFL. The title of this SHOULD be "NFL gives cash to an All Lives Matter org!" but instead Jay is getting all the smoke.

Its fascinating because Jay has meticulously cultivated this essences of 'coolness' which got him his billion. While the money is going nowhere, the 'coolness' is gone.

Years ago Harry Belafonte called him out (and he responded extremely disrespectfully on wax) for not using his powers for activism. But since then he's gone out of his way: penning NY times opinion pieces, producing documentaries about injustice, and has given cash to causes. Even tho he was a dick about it, obviously that criticism hurt. Now he's back to square one, actually worse. Before he was seen as indifferent, now he's seen as exploitive. And that's gotta sting for a guy who spent his whole career making sure you wanted to be him
But but but Harry Belafonte doesn't even know what Jay does for the lil homies!

What a clown, he should have holla'd at Harry instead of throwing those weak bars.