• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Jay-Z seems like a good dude (aside from the whole Beyonce cheating scandal). I know he does a lot of charity work and he treats his fans really well. So kudos to him.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
The trend of edgey ERA users shitting on people who have "too much wealth" even if it's well earned continues.

Classic.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Financial freedom my only hope
Fuck livin' rich and dyin' broke
I bought some artwork for one million
Two years later, that shit worth two million
Few years later, that shit worth eight million
I can't wait to give this shit to my children
Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for nine ninety-nine
I turned that two to a four, four to an eight
I turned my life into a nice first week release date, mm
Y'all out here still takin' advances, huh?
Me and my niggas takin' real chances, uh
Y'all on the 'gram holdin' money to your ear
There's a disconnect, we don't call that money over here, yeah

Love the wordplay between the disconnect of logic + the disconnect in terms of a phone call

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
giphy.gif

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jay-Z being a billionaire isn't unethical. Consider most of that money as back wages his family line was owed. Y'all happy now?

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City

The dude was a drug dealer and now 30 odd years later is a billionaire. Can't knock the hustle and, if anything, it is quite inspiring.

I do agree that Billionaires as a concept are disgusting, however.

Sorry but I gotta side with my boy Kree on this one breh. You're right Fevaweva....the dude *DID* deal drugs, and you know what? Anyone who's dealt drugs for as long as he did deserves to be dealt with accordingly, and he needs to be locked up. This nigga sold drugs to kids and got away scott free only to make it big in the music business, and is now swimming in Billions? Damn straight it's gross. Glad I don't listen to this fool's music. Will never get support from me.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Hov is the GOAT.

Now go back and listen to those Hov albums YOU THOUGHT were trash like Vol 3 and The Dynasty and recognize that he's been consistent this entire time.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
There are two distinct conversations here worth having so long as we don't mush them both together.

1. Black representation in the highest echelons of wealth, and

2. The degree of wealth inequality we are willing to tolerate as a society.

Regardless of where the second debate lands, I want my black brothers and sisters to have representation at the top as well. I think that's where some of the accolades are coming from.

I'd also add that while I don't think anyone should have a billion dollars, a self-made billionaire that does a lot for the community is a far cry from say, Donald Trump.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Sorry but I gotta side with my boy Kree on this one breh. You're right Fevaweva....the dude *DID* deal drugs, and you know what? Anyone who's dealt drugs for as long as he did deserves to be dealt with accordingly, and he needs to be locked up. This nigga sold drugs to kids and got away scott free only to make it big in the music business, and is now swimming in Billions? Damn straight it's gross. Glad I don't listen to this fool's music. Will never get support from me.
Suddenly the intro to Juicy springs to mind

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Imagine what 1 billionaire could do for the world. Now remember they won't do that and donate very small percentages of their wealth to charities instead. Good for him though, he has amassed capital.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Makes sense. Hov is the GOAT.

Now go back and listen to those Hov albums YOU THOUGHT were trash like Vol 3 and The Dynasty and recognize that he's been consistent this entire time.

Nah they were good albums

Its kingdom Come and blueprint 2 you need to defend.

Jay stays winning. Shoots at these actors like movie directors, he ain't a businessman he's a business MAN

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they were good albums

Its kingdom Come and blueprint 2 you need to defend.

Jay stays winning. Shoots at these actors like movie directors, he ain't a businessman he's a business MAN
I haven't even listened to BP2 in full in years. I made a Blueprint 2.5 and compiled the best tracks since I didn't like BP 2.1. As for Kingdom Come all I remember are the good tracks lol.

But yeah, Frank Lucas passes away and then days later Jay's announced as a billionaire.

HOV!!

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Dude is scum unless he donates 99% of his money according to this site. Why should he be allowed to accumulate all that money? 🙄

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The dude was a drug dealer and now 30 odd years later is a billionaire. Can't knock the hustle and, if anything, it is quite inspiring.

I do agree that Billionaires as a concept are disgusting, however.
Disgust is a weird descriptor here. Because you're not truly disgusted. You're more concerned about justice and fairness.

We need to more articulate in discussing this stuff since it just leads to boring one note takes.

Personally, I take Forbes with a grain of salt here. He's obviously very wealthy tho. Does it matter that he's a billionaire or a deca millionaire?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I haven't even listened to BP2 in full in years. I made a Blueprint 2.5 and compiled the best tracks since I didn't like BP 2.1. As for Kingdom Come all I remember are the good tracks lol.

But yeah, Frank Lucas passes away and then days later Jay's announced as a billionaire.

HOV!!

Yeah both albums are pretty poor, espcially bp2 cause its a billion tracks long

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile Nas out here chilling with MAGA fucks and spitting anti-vaxx bars.

Has there ever been more proof that Nas lost.

Oct 25, 2017
The trend of edgey ERA users shitting on people who have "too much wealth" even if it's well earned continues.

Classic.
"Well earned"
lol.
Dude is scum unless he donates 99% of his money according to this site. Why should he be allowed to accumulate all that money? 🙄
This, but unironically. I'd go for the multi-billionaires first though.
No one should have this amount of wealth, not in the state that we're in as a species.

Sorry that some of you think it's "edgy" and are quick to dismiss everyone who thinks that billionaires aren't good for any of us.

Last edited:
Good he deserves it. Dude should be a role model for people just like him.

and miss me with the "this is disgusting" takes. This isn't a silver spoon baby, this is a dude who was selling drugs, stabbed his own uncle, and turned rapping into multiple business ventures. Yes, Jay-Z should be celebrated.

Oct 25, 2017
Good he deserves it. Dude should be a role model for people just like him.

and miss me with the "this is disgusting" takes. This isn't a silver spoon baby, this is a dude who was selling drugs, stabbed his own uncle, and turned rapping into multiple business ventures. Yes, Jay-Z should be celebrated.
I celebrate his struggle and rise, and I also understand the challenges it took to get there, but spare me. He wasn't the only brother to deal with this shit and he won't be the last.
Why does he deserve it but others who went through the same thing don't? Who gets to decide who deserves these riches?
I can't celebrate a billionaire, black or white. Not in this world. I despise capitalism too much for that lol.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Nas ain't losing lol, dude was #6 on Forbes highest earning hip hop artists just the other year .

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe i'm wrong (Nas is not above saying some dumb shit) but i've always viewed it as a metaphor for introducing your child to the world through pain and hardship but it being necessary.
It could be, but the one-two punch of "why'd you let them inject me?" and "who knows who these side effects will effect me?" doesn't give a lot of room for alternate interpretations.