• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
874A67BB-26DF-4820-9F3D-5D1201503C3B.jpeg

7/17/1987

Logistic

Oct 30, 2017
I just watched this the other day on HBO Max. The canvas background was very clear in the ocean scenes when they're in the water. They are just swimming around in a pool. Childhood ruined

Oct 27, 2017
When you think about it, the shark had super powers akin to Xavier. Somehow he could track a single family across an entire ocean and know exactly when each member was in or near the water. And what was the sharks plan if the family never went into the water again? It's not like it could drive to their apartment building or whatever. Then again, it was a shark with super powers so who knows.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When you think about it, the shark had super powers akin to Xavier. Somehow he could track a single family across an entire ocean and know exactly when each member was in or near the water. And what was the sharks plan if the family never went into the water again? It's not like it could drive to their apartment building or whatever. Then again, it was a shark with super powers so who knows.
It would probably train it's mental powers so that it could fly via telekinesis. Humanity in the Jaws universe is pretty lucky it only cared about a single family TBH.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best bad movies ever made holy christ is the logic completely and utterly missing in this film altogether. 😆

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Made my family take me They've never forgiven me. Lol.
This wins for most random thread title of the year. Made me laugh.

How bad was it? They pull Michale Caine out of the water and onto the boat, and he's bone dry in the scene. Like the most obvious continuity In movie history.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It has the guy from the last starfighter in it

Jan 10, 2018
Just watched all the Jaws sequels a couple of weeks ago and it's almost entertaining how awful they are. The bad "3D" effects stood out especially and the sharks supernatural telepathic abilities. Even though it's so poorly written and cheesy the actors are still playing it dead serious, which adds to the entertainment of course.

Illuvatar

Jan 22, 2019
Oh man. I just watched all 4 of the movies last month. I think this one takes the awfullness crown but those 3D effects in 3D are just so glorious, it's still a difficult decision.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Definitely.

The little girl in 4 was pretty good. She also voiced Ducky in Land Before Time... and was then murdered by her dad :/
...yuuup. That too.

I honestly think Jaws 3 is the best of the sequels. The stupidity to camp value keeps it above the other sequels. The second film is a decent film that continues the narrative of some of your favorite characters, but tosses it all away when you realize they didn't have a sensible end game for the shark.

Jun 20, 2018
Oh wow. Jaws is in my top 5 movies, but I think I've only seen the sequels once each, all a long, long time ago. For some bizarre reason, I decided to watch them all this weekend. Watched Jaws 2 last night. Previously, my only memory of Jaws 2 was the banana boat scene... which turned out to not even be in Jaws 2, but The Revenge!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Such a terrible movie and yet I remember it and the equally terrible 3D. I can't remember anything from Jaws 2 and I've seen it multiple times. Did the shark eat a killer whale in that one? If so, that's the only thing I remember.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Such a terrible movie and yet I remember it and the equally terrible 3D. I can't remember anything from Jaws 2 and I've seen it multiple times. Did the shark eat a killer whale in that one? If so, that's the only thing I remember.

Yes, the body of a killer whale washes up with a bite mark

What is that a picture of.....

That is from the end of the film, where Ellen crashes and impales the shark with her boat. It is only shown briefly, but still

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i quite enjoyed it as a kid. it wasn't til a decade later i learned it was a joke.

i'd have to watch them again but as for Jaws sequels my ranking:

Jaws 2
Jaws 4
Jaws3

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Anyone else play the NES Jaws game? I used to play it constantly.

it's actually a good game until the end where you have to ram the shark with the boat to win.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck celebrates the 33rd anniversary of a "thing"? Multiples of 5 baby!

Or is that the joke?

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen it since I was a kid and it was on TV one weekend. I remember being so confused, like when did Brody die? Did a shark do it? How can anybody get revenge, the previous sharks are dead???

EDIT: Reading the plot summary makes it a bit more clear. I just seem to remember the Mrs. Brody blaming sharks for her husband's death too.