• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already have it on Blu ray but I'd be lying if I said I won't double dip. It's going to look fantastic.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still can't get over how good the blu ray restoration was for this, the original DVD looked like ass.

Oct 28, 2017
pls don't go kill any sharks after watching Jaws people

tenor21qokpg.gif

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Still not seen this movie, not seen many old movies, maybe its time. Does it still hold up in 2020?

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I would say yes, but I have watched at least once a years since I was 5 and I'm now 30. It's also one of my favorite films ever
I'm all over this release. Now just confirm Back to the Future on 4k
Hah i see, Back to the future is another one in my list of classic films to see. Hope it does get a 4k release too.

Nov 1, 2017
It's a miracle that the film came out as good as it did between mechanical shark problems and the studio threatening Spielberg that he'd never work in the town again for being over budget and behind schedule. Richard Dreyfuss infamously was on an interview show and lambasted the studio for treating Spielberg as they did and blamed them for how the film surely turned out, he thought there was no way it was going to be good. Obviously he never saw the final product at the time.

The movie is far superior to the book, wanna know how, watch this:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
sweet. my mom will have jaws in her blu-ray library when I upgrade to 4K (I'm offloading all my transitioned titles to her).

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know the thing about a 4K shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, high fidelity eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be 4K... until ya get the right TV. And those black eyes roll over white, and then... oh, then you see that crystal clear image, the ocean turns red, and spite of all the subwoofers and the surround sound, they all come in and they...look fantastic

TheCool69

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the blueray, it looked so good.

Suprised that they have not remade Jaws (yet....) i remember someone tried to start ARG type youtube event like 10 years ago but luckily it never went anywhere.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Will this version have the correct audio in the night scene on the Orca? Always surprised me how badly that got botched on earlier releases (DVD, I think - not sure if it was the same on Bluray)

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Will this version have the correct audio in the night scene on the Orca? Always surprised me how badly that got botched on earlier releases (DVD, I think - not sure if it was the same on Bluray)

If this is the same remaster as they used for the blu-ray release, not only did they fix the audio issues, they also fixed the light balancing through out the film's 2nd and 3rd acts. Absolutely night and day (no pun intended) between the original cut and the remaster.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.blu-ray.com

Jaws 4K Blu-ray (45th Anniversary Edition)

Jaws 4K Blu-ray Release Date June 2, 2020 (45th Anniversary Edition). Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Steven Spielberg's early career masterpiece is a visual and aural delight. The picture is practically perfect and the audio is right up there, too. A shame no new extras have been created but it's hard to argue with the total value this package provides. Jaws on the UHD format earns my highest recommendation.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I still have it on DVD and refuse to upgrade to a new console just to play and watch things at 4k because I can live with standard definition.

However when I finally, finally have an excuse in 3 or 4 years, I'll upgrade, and by then 8k Blu-ray will be a thing and I'll have to catch up again...