• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I respect him a lot as a journalist and as a person but this is really a disappointing turn of events to be honest

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
On one hand, congrats on jason, getting a strong legal team behind him will definitely help with the kind of coverage he's been doing, without having to fear people throwing around a lot of money, plus financial stability.

On the other hand, fuck bloomberg. I'll be relying on people commenting on the articles I guess because that website won't even get a click from me.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, that's awesome. I was hoping he was starting his own thing but Bloomberg is huge.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Used his contacts and this thirsty audience desperate for leaks to leapfrog from a sinking ship to a paywall mainstream site run by a billionaire with plenty of labour violations himself

Not too shabby
Banned for a personal attack on a member?
So all you have to do to not be criticized as a journalist is to join the site?

Cladriah

Banned
Feb 15, 2020
User Banned (permanent): troll account
Is it me or does it feel this is sort of hypocritical? He's been against billionaires, now he is working for one. If he wants to work there fine, but it feels like he decided to ignore what he has been saying that corrupt capitalism is bad and billionaires should be illegal.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
Most major gaming news seems to come from Jason or Bloomberg lately anyway, oh and Eurogamer but I don't see Jason moving to Europe lol

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It'll be interesting to see him navigate these waters. He's basically working for the epitome of what he has publicly advocated against for years, so hopefully his work will speak for itself and he's not just being used to soften Bloomberg's image.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does it feel this is sort of hypocritical? He's been against billionaires, now he is working for one. If he wants to work there fine, but it feels like he decided to ignore what he has been saying that corrupt capitalism is bad and billionaires should be illegal.

I have no recollection of him saying the latter. Just because he reports on labor issues does not mean he is a hardcore leftist or anything.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
congrats to Jason, this will boost his reportings and investigations into the games industry to an even higher public level

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
That's a strange move. Though I understand it will be more viable as a job than Kotaku, it might be difficult to work under those terms.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If he wants to work in media and not for a billionaire then he's starting up a Patreon like everyone else (and there may be billionaires involved there, I don't know).

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many people trying to dunk on jason, shit is so funny. So many people doing "but you live in this society" type dunking on him

Dude is just trying to survive just like all of this and bloomberg was probably the best place for him to do what he whats with the highest paycheck
The criticism is more on Bloomberg than on Jason, though if he's going to go to bat for them then of course he's going to be criticized for that as well. Don't be surprised if Jason will suddenly stop reporting on labor issues.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Jason! It'll be awesome to follow your awesome work over there - and the podcast is continuing so that'll be hype !

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
This is owned by Mike Bloomberg, isn't it? Cam't say I have much faith in the outlet to represent consumers and minorities.

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
The criticism is more on Bloomberg than on Jason, though if he's going to go to bat for them then of course he's going to be criticized for that as well. Don't be surprised if Jason will suddenly stop reporting on labor issues.

He literally said the reason as to why he went to bloomberg was being promised to report on labor issues in the games industry but okay lol.

I saw straight criticism of jason that had nothing to do with bloomberg

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many people trying to dunk on jason, shit is so funny. So many people doing "but you live in this society" type dunking on him

Dude is just trying to survive just like all of this and bloomberg was probably the best place for him to do what he whats with the highest paycheck
Yeah, this is the "and yet you participate in society" OT. Jason made the right call and virtually everybody would have accepted a presumed pay raise while working in one of the most publications. You would think a board full of wealthy college kids like Era would understand smart career choices.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Awesome. Congrats Jason.
He was the only reason I went to Kotaku for his great stories and now I'll be going to Bloomberg for his new ones.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Used his contacts and this thirsty audience desperate for leaks to leapfrog from a sinking ship to a paywall mainstream site run by a billionaire with plenty of labour violations himself

Not too shabby

How can this get you a lifelong ban?

On topic: I'm all for Jason getting paid but Bloomberg? I don't know man...

Kuni

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent news, sounds like he'll get even more support to do what he does best. Bloomberg has some good games industry reporting so certainly sounds like a great fit. Congrats again jschreier!

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
You Press Sneak Fuck! Levelling up to access more resources to be even more Press Sneak Fuckier! Or is that Press Fuck Sneakier? Either way, congrats dude! Really happy for you and looking forward to seeing your upcoming work!

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
It is an odd choice, but he's smart enough to make his own choices and I'm sure that if it doesn't work out then he'll go elsewhere. I'm happy the podcast is independent.