• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
This gonna suck. The Xbox thing yesterday was better on mixer vs YouTube. Yeah, I can see spoilers showing up like crazy. Will full screen hide the chat?
You can hide the chat through the setting icon just under the text box used to type comments.

They can "fix" the situation by allowing only subscribers to write in the chat.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Bruh, just let me know when the pre-order is at this point. Get my work bonus mid-June, so this would match up perfectly.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
They should let Guerrilla Games to talk about PS5 for a bit and show what the new hardware is capable. These guys are tech wizards.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Whew there's no way this doesn't deliver.

Bluepoints game
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (industry leading visuals lol)

I will be passed out from hype by then.

But if Silent Hills is going to show and if there's surprise IPs that no one has even rumored yet.... Buckle up!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
No that team has worked too hard with a lot of blood sweat and tears to have it snatched away from some rando looking for 5 mins of fame on a forum like me. Plus I'm a big believer in nice surprises 😁

I think most of you will be happy 😊 Because mathematically some of you will be disinterested or unhappy.
Tell them don't get discouraged if the reception is negative. The Xbox event, while I understand why some ppl were negative, some of us liked some, many of what was shown. It's also console war season so..... lol.

But yes, let it be a surprise, hopefully info won't get leaked.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Looking forward to the 1st party IP my friend is working on. I'm hoping the reception is good and their efforts have paid off. The game hasn't leaked so far. So hopefully a pleasent surprise for all 😁

I have one person here who can back me up on this claim so hopefully they don't get banned before announcement 😆
A launch title?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
didn't last of us launch just after e3? Or during? Get the next gen ness out while your biggest game of the generation is launching seems like a sure fire hit to create insane hype for the PlayStation brand.

I think so. And I agree, would be a way to continue, feed on the hype.
Stop trying to pry for details com on this will just cause issues.

Yes, please stop, lol.
Pretty sure, you can manually hide the chats on YouTube and Twitch.
You can hide the chat through the setting icon just under the text box used to type comments.

They can "fix" the situation by allowing only subscribers to write in the chat.

Ok, thanks. I like using YouTube because chat is hidden by default on my phone.
Bruh, just let me know when the pre-order is at this point. Get my work bonus mid-June, so this would match up perfectly.

This is what I'm waiting for too.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
June? That's disappointing. I didn't care much, but they went and showed a darn controller, and I've been curious about the console design since then.

Time to wipe PS5 from my mind.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
They need to do it after TLOU 2 releases because otherwise Twitch chat will be full of spoilers

Who uses the twitch chat with these big events anyways? That chat is ging a million miles per hour with emote spam and people screaming nonsense. Just hop on to your favorite content creators in their chat or don't look at it.

Clarification

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I said there will be something PS5-related happening *by* mid-June (unless it's bumped because of covid). I didn't say "*the* PS5 event" because I don't know how many things they're doing.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My avatar says it all... I just want them to show nextgen only games... not cross-gen updated Ps4 titles.

With XBO X holding back Series X first party games (since looks like all MS first party games should be XBO compatible). Sony should go all in the next gen route... not a Pro2... with as few as posible cross-gen titles.

Something like... Bloodborne PS5 free 4K/60fps update to make some cash... and Bloodborne 2 announced as a PS5 Exclusive

Last edited:

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I said there will be something PS5-related happening *by* mid-June (unless it's bumped because of covid). I didn't say "*the* PS5 event" because I don't know how many things they're doing.

Thanks, yeah, the way things are I don't think we're
getting 'a' singular all-encompassing reveal. They'll hopefully either spring things on us unannounced or telegraph very clearly what to expect from upcoming announcements.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Sonya took notes of yesterday on how NOT to kick off next-gen. Let yesterday also be a humbling experience for those who continually whine about the silence from Sonya. Give them time to prepare a show that won't end in anger and disappointment.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pretty sure that the wait will be worth it.
giphy-7.gif

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Hopefully Sonya took notes of yesterday on how NOT to kick off next-gen. Let yesterday also be a humbling experience for those who continually whine about the silence from Sonya. Give them time to prepare a show that won't end in anger and disappointment.
Who is sonya? I'm curious now

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017

Ahah LOL.
Btw we're close to an other round of PS5 news.
Next week they're going to announce their fiscal results and on May 19 there's a strategy meeting, so we might get a few details there (particulary on the business side of it, if production is on schedule, if a price has been set internally, if there is a sales forecast until next March and things like that).
I also wonder if the console design and teardown video will be published before the game reveal show (and they still need to announce all the new OS/UI features).
In any case hopefully they won't repeat the same mistake Microsoft did yesterday, people want reasons to buy an other console. They need big names and next gen conceived stuff.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS really set the stage for sony to dunk on them just by showing basic gameplay at their reveal event. Kinda baffling why MS set themselves up like that.

They need to do it after TLOU 2 releases because otherwise Twitch chat will be full of spoilers

Collapse the chat pane if you watch it on twitch. Why on earth would you have the chat open anyway?

Last edited:

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Honestly hope that the final PS5 design doesn't resemble the controller's. White just looks tacky as shit.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
As long as Sony don't announce a gameplay reveal showcase but show mostly in engine cinematics, then they should be good.

Next gen would not be off to a good start if both MS and Sony fail to impress with their first impressions of games.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
As long as Sony don't announce a gameplay reveal showcase but show mostly in engine cinematics, then they should be good.

Next gen would not be off to a good start if both MS and Sony fail to impress with their first impressions of games.

Huh?
They should show gameplay to impress and not an in-engine trailer. Showing a gameplay trailer of ,next-gen games is much more welcome than gameplay trailers of a cross-gen titles.