• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
It's typical for sequels to be greenlight prior to a game's release, isn't it? I thought not doing that was a sign that the publisher didn't have faith in the product.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That also reminds me of watching the Fallen Order "making of" documentary where they discuss certain characters and this fella was presented, who wasn't in the first game afaik. Is that maybe someone we're going to see in the sequel?
d56e8a23-6133-4e89-8izkaj.jpeg

10722db3-aa72-4d1d-98wsk28.png
Pretty sure he's in the game.

Pretty sure that's the guy who sends bounty hunters to capture you for the arena

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I want them to continue with Cal and co. They were a good cast of characters, but didn't receive the development and interactions they should have gotten. The game's story and events just kind of happened very quickly without a good sense of time passing and the structure of the game overall didn't really provide any kind of meaningful instances for the characters to interact with one another and breathe. Event's just transpired and developed very quickly. The whole Merrin thing with her joining was super abrupt and sudden.

It would be nice for the second game to expand on things. Open up the game a little bit, give the story and character more time to breath and develop. Let us play as both Cal and Merrin to see more of her and vary up the gamplay and abilities we can use. And build off their apparent relationship.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Good, but can we have a more powerful Jedi this time around and not some bottom tier Jedi? (I know he was an apprentice who had to relearn but still).

I'd also love to see Cal or whoever it is, play a bit with the dark side. Dark side has so many cool shit but it's rarely seen cause everyone wants the protagonist to be goody two shoes. Something like Starkiller but without the shit game.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Looking forward to it. Iterate on the first one, give it more polish, make the collectibles more interesting and it could be an all-time great.

Making Merrin playable seems like maybe asking for too much, but I want it.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Making Merrin playable seems like maybe asking for too much, but I want it.
I don't see why it would be too much. Plenty of games have multiple playable characters and there's a lot of ways they could do it. Best might be to just bake it into the story where certain areas/planets are for Merrin and others are for Cal.

Or they could continue to lift directly from a major franchise like they did for so many other elements and just copy Resident Evil and give two separate paths. One for Cal and one for Merrin that are technically different stories but still share a huge portion of the same locations and story beats.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have to rush, they are on the clock. They have to get this game running on next gen platforms and create a new game that lives up to the hype all before their deal with Disney expires in 2023.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It hate thinking about the fact that the success of this game likely means they won't be changing some of the glaring issues I found it to have.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
It hate thinking about the fact that the success of this game likely means they won't be changing some of the glaring issues I found it to have.

C'mon now. Titanfall 2 addressed many issues with the first game, what makes you think this game will be any different? Respawn is a great studio; they definitely know what they need to tweak for the next one.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I was going to finally start JFO tonight with the hype of the new film but I just got back and wont....:( The showing didnt happen because there was an error with the film apparently or something. There were no other showtimes (we had our tickets a month in advance,...,of course it would be sold out for all showtimes) ... Got refunds but mood is sour and no hype atm. Going to try tomorrow (and then when im cheered up, play JFO :P)

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to be a phenomenal game. The first was really damn fun despite some flaws. If they tighten things up in the sequel and focus on what worked then we are in for a serious treat.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Sigh.

Whatever. They did a fine job with Fallen Order.

I'm happy the people at that studio are finally getting some big money.

Just wish gamers were smart enough to have rewarded them for their best games, and thereby encouraged them to keep making them.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the next one is more polished and the level design is done better with more meaningful rewards for exploration rather than 90% of them being useless cosmetics that don't even show up in cutscenes.

Game had a lot of potential but fell short in my books. Still interested in a sequel though, could be one of the greats.

Oct 31, 2017
I was going to finally start JFO tonight with the hype of the new film but I just got back and wont....:( The showing didnt happen because there was an error with the film apparently or something. There were no other showtimes (we had our tickets a month in advance,...,of course it would be sold out for all showtimes) ... Got refunds but mood is sour and no hype atm. Going to try tomorrow (and then when im cheered up, play JFO :P)
This is just my personal tastes here and I don't want to have to explain why but I thought the new film, story wise, was the worst Star Wars movie ever made. I played Fallen Order as soon as I got home to wash the bad taste out of my mouth and had this week's Mandalorian episode as a chaser.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
dope, I'm like 20 hours into the first one, still only at the second Zeffo temple and loving it

Oct 29, 2017
Sigh.

Whatever. They did a fine job with Fallen Order.

I'm happy the people at that studio are finally getting some big money.

Just wish gamers were smart enough to have rewarded them for their best games, and thereby encouraged them to keep making them.

Maybe Respawn shouldnt pick stupid ass release dates. They are responsible for their own failure.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
EA, make sure to give Respawn breathing room and let them finish the damn game next time.

But ya, looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent news.

Haven't enjoyed a Star Wars game this much since..... possibly the 90's. O_O

(never played KOTOR)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Woohoo! I really liked my PC playthrough of Jedi Fallen Order!

... Switching to the Xbox One X version though — at least with context of having completed the PC version already — is kinda rough. Input feels way more sluggish, like way more than the usual 60-to-30fps drop for me.

Hope the technical aspects of the sequel are far better out of the gate, and I also have a little bit of hope that the current release will get updated with some decent performance tuning.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Order pretty clearly set itself up for a sequel at the end, so no surprise there. I'm all in for more Metroidy Soulsy Star Wars.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love Star Wars but after playing Titanfall 2 (PS Plus), now really want Titanfall 3 for next gen.
TF2 is amazing and it's one of the best FPS games of my life without a doubt. Campaign was so good and enjoyed it a lot, from outstanding gameplay to story and even the graphics were so beautiful for a 60fps game and made me think why we don't have more 60fps games like this.
Then I played 5,6 rounds of multiplayer and wow! I'm not a multiplayer guy and I think the whole time spent in multiplayer in this generation wasn't more than 2,3 hours. But TF2 MP is amazing and I'll play MP more in next days.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
The game was good, but not mindblowing. I lost interest in the game right when you get to the snowy planet ... It was a solid first showing, but I hope a sequel really makes things better.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
They really need to polish the combat system. There are far too many moments when you are guaranteed to take damage, due to the way the block/parry system works.

Also, they need to make creatures less of a fucking chore to fight.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Make a lead that doesn't look like a bad create a character please. Game was great, Cal is not.

Edit: lol @ comment below. I mean, I guess there's no adjusting that other than getting a different lead.

Last edited: