• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
tenor.gif

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Good, it was a very solid and enjoyable game and Star Wars game. A sequel that builds and improves upon it, story and gameplay, could be really great.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Hopefully a little more rescources to make an even better sequel. Like Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 (I assume since I never played ME2)

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Well, they have a lot of room for improvements, hope they'll use their chance. Everything was mediocre to me. However, music and sounds were superb. Hoping they can pull off a Star Wars game which has the same quality as Titanfall 2.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. The original was a good foundation for a sequel. Hopefully they don't pull a Darksiders 2 and completely change course into another genre.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Cool, glad companies overextending themselves and planning sequels before the core game is even played is still alive and well.

Thankfully, this game was certainly a well received and fun one, so I'm glad the team received that confidence early, but this stuff is always worrisome. Especially on a licence so prone to poor management decisions and lack of foresight as Star Wars.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wow talk about confidence. Although i'd assume sales are guaranteed based on the IP itself alone anyway good or bad. Going through it now about 6hours in and having a great time so far.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I saw on EAs website that they already searching for new concept artist for a new Star Wars game. Good for them, I really liked Fallen Order.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
After just finishing JFO I can't even tell if I'm okay with this. The game was mediocre and I feel like Respawn's talents would be a better fit for TitanFall 3. OTOH this is likely the only next single player SW game we'll get till 2030 or so...

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, glad companies overextending themselves and planning sequels before the core game is even played is still alive and well.

Thankfully, this game was certainly a well received and fun one, so I'm glad the team received that confidence early, but this stuff is always worrisome. Especially on a licence so prone to poor management decisions and lack of foresight as Star Wars.

The thing is, if your game is a Star Wars title, and if it meets a certain quality threshold, it is likely going to sell. It shouldn't be hard for a publisher to capitalize on such a massive IP. Though EA really managed to turn a golden opportunity into a series of embarrassments, so I can still see why you think there is some cause for concern.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Amazing game. I hope we get to play a Sith this time, or someone who does experiment with dark force powers. Force choking some fools, hmmmmm

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's not overextension, it's good planning. There are plenty of people on a video game team who might finish their work six months or even a year before the game actually ships, and so it's smart for a company to know exactly what those people will move onto next.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
It's not overextension, it's good planning. There are plenty of people on a video game team who might finish their work six months or even a year before the game actually ships, and so it's smart for a company to know exactly what those people will move onto next.

Hey while we have you, do you know anything about EA Motive's Star Wars game?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they got a go ahead so early. It should mean the same people work on the sequel, which can only be a good thing.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which makes it even nicer than JFO felt like a really full, complete game. So many plots just fizzle out or taper off into a vague sequel tease, but JFO had such an amazing finale.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Um, kill all those characters (except Merrin) and give us ones with actual personalities and arcs. In other words, Merrin.

Also:
- More bosses and no cutscene shenanigans, if you win a fight you win a fight.
- Fast travel back to ship.
- Better customization.
- Tighter combat.
- More enemy variety.
- Less predictable story (may be unavoidable due to Disney restrictions).

That will be all, please.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game. I hope we get to play a Sith this time, or someone who does experiment with dark force powers. Force choking some fools, hmmmmm
Most of the sith, inquisitors and darkside users will probably be dead and gone by the time of the second game and LF is pretty strict about their lore.

Overall good news though, I enjoyed the game and I'm glad it's getting a sequel though I could do with it doing more of its own thing and less copying of Uncharted and Tomb Raider. The lightsaber combat was great but everything else felt fairly lacking or underbaked so hopefully a higher budget sequel with a bit more time to cook comes out better and hopefully a few more original ideas and expanded customization.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I wouldn't mind if it's going to be playing more like Force Unleashed, and less....Soulsy? Let me go all out with the ligbtsaber and physics, let there be destruction too.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Man can Star Wars just, like, go away for a bit? I'm tired of hearing about Baby Yodas or whatever, can we have new ideas for a few years? Feels like it's been non stop for a few years.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
That also reminds me of watching the Fallen Order "making of" documentary where they discuss certain characters and this fella was presented, who wasn't in the first game afaik. Is that maybe someone we're going to see in the sequel?

Edit: He does make a short appearance, my bad.
d56e8a23-6133-4e89-8izkaj.jpeg

10722db3-aa72-4d1d-98wsk28.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
That also reminds me of watching the Fallen Order "making of" documentary where they discuss certain characters and this fella was presented, who wasn't in the first game afaik. Is that maybe someone we're going to see in the sequel?
d56e8a23-6133-4e89-8izkaj.jpeg

10722db3-aa72-4d1d-98wsk28.png
Thats a pretty dope design. Would love to see Mr.Freeze in Star Wars.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to this being on next gen hardware. Fallen Order looks like it could really do with the SSD and Zen CPU.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right. Companies usually have a good inclination if a game is going to perform well before release so it makes sense to greenlight a sequel right away.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

My apologies, I mean't to invoke that many industries tend to plan further ahead then they often Should, and that when the potential failure of a landmark title puts many people at risk of losing progress on an already green-lit or in production sequel, that's generally poor planning.

It's happened far too often in the industry, but you are totally correct that it's important to leverage devs properly so that they can continue to work after their part has finished in a project. A lot of different members of a team finish early before shipping, as you said.

In any case, this is a good thing for this team, and I'm happy that they are continuing to work on what may become a successful franchise of games! Thanks for your clarification, you do good work!