• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice to see some true PS5 exclusives but i'm expecting a bunch of PS4 games with more pixels. Hope i'm wrong.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Smart Delivery is a take on cross-buy, not the other way around.
Smart Delivery is similar, but different, to Cross Buy and Play Anywhere, in that there is only one SKU for a game across the two generations. So perhaps Sony is implementing something similar in that regard. If anything Smart Delivery is more like a Pro/X patch.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Alanah Pearce on why Sony kept delaying their presentation. They want to do a really professional presentation which requires 25-30 people at a studio, not pre-recorded stuff recorded at home.
Alanah speaking on Kinda Funny that she knows that SIE has tried to make presentations this year but Sony's executives refused because they want the most professional presentation possible.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
It would be nice to see some true PS5 exclusives but i'm expecting a bunch of PS4 games with more pixels. Hope i'm wrong.
You will have a PS3 game with more pixels and you will like it.
So the world might be mended.

Cross-buy is a makeshift for those platform holders that are unable to offer a unified ecosystem. With cross-buy you're buying two different SKUs, while smart delivery acts on one and the same SKU.
Lots of words for same effect.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Realistic expectations:
- Demon's Souls Remake / Whatever Bluepoint is doing
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- one showcase of graphics via Horizon 2 or Spidey 2
- RE 8
- something from Square (FF16 ten seconds teaser)

That's it.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this hasn't been shared here yet, but it sounds like we'll finally learn what Sony's take on Smart Delivery will be?

It will be a similar approach and I think they'll give it a better name.

A lot of people on here listing sequel after sequel, but show me something new. A new IP that is 100% next gen.
I have no doubt cause Sony delivers on new IP every generation. I remember Shinobi saying to expect surprises so given that most games people are expecting are sequels or remakes, we should get some curveballs.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Smart Delivery is similar, but different, to Cross Buy and Play Anywhere, in that there is only one SKU for a game across the two generations. So perhaps Sony is implementing something similar in that regard. If anything Smart Delivery is more like a Pro/X patch.

Isn't that just cross gen? Or am I missing something?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Realistic expectations:
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- RE 8

That's it.
Show Control boosted on PS5 with ray-tracing.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Cross-buy is a makeshift for those platform holders that are unable to offer a unified ecosystem. With cross-buy you're buying two different SKUs, while smart delivery acts on one and the same SKU.

The only thing that Sony needs to do is include multiple "Game UIDs" into an individual packaged "License Purchase" to turn Cross-Buy into something more "automatic".

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE8, new Crash and Silent Hill reboot are the only rumours I've heard of that I'm interested in seeing. Anything else is a bonus.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

sony knows where their bread is buttered. graphics. in short, i dont expect the graphics to disappoint (whenever Sony reveals 1st party in a big way, which may or may not be this event). if anything the risk might be the other way, of overly ambitious targets that lead to later downgrades.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
OK, to hedge my bets I've booked off the 2nd and 3rd from work. The 4th and 5th fall on my normal days off. I feel pretty confident I'll be off for this event.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Realistic expectations:
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- RE 8

That's it.
+ Batman Arkham Something
+ another Warner Bros. IP (Harry Potter?)

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are people really that sure we're going to see Spiderman 2? We all know Sony would love to show it here, but it feels too soon. I've already posted previous predictions, and they aren't really changing all that much:

- They will show how your purchase of TLoU2 is safe right now. This is imperative. It's one of the biggest games of the year and probably the biggest Playstation Studios game ever. It needs to have a presence in PS5 rollout.
- Likely: Guerrilla Games with Horizon, Bluepoint with Demon's Souls, Silent Hill. Less likely, but still possible as a tiny teaser: Spiderman 2 and God of War 2.
- OS features like blazing fast game bootup from a cold start. This would probably wow people just as much as the games. In theory the SSD could get into actual gameplay from fresh start (as in, not suspended game) in like 2-4 seconds? Can't wait to see what they do here.
- At least one prominent 3rd party showing. This is the time to really make it count. Maybe FFXVI or CoD Next Gen. I somewhat doubt this is the venue for RE8, but who knows!
edit: - oh yeah, and no price yet. Maybe console reveal, as it's meant to go into mass production in June and you'd want to get ahead of the crappy phone cam leaks.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Alanah Pearce on why Sony kept delaying their presentation. They want to do a really professional presentation which requires 25-30 people at a studio, not pre-recorded stuff recorded at home.

What countries have eased lockdowns to the extent that's possible? I guess the US restrictions have been loose for a while now.

I'd rather the folks be safe and have crappy webcams than the alternative, though I'm sure they put the effort in to ensure it's not a disaster. Although why they couldn't do an audio-only show is another matter entirely.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Realistic expectations:
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- RE 8

That's it.
That's a lot of games and I set my expectations a bit lower. I am still very excited for the event and if the rumours are true we don't have to wait a week. Finally!!!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Realistic expectations:
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- RE 8

That's it.
"Realistic" this is god tier Imma faint kind of level. Two horror juggernauts, remake of a FROM game, the next mainline FF, HZD2. I don't see something like this happening all at once.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I hope they drop that idea... Go with cams and record it from home. Don't make people risk their lives over this.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Isn't that just cross gen? Or am I missing something?
Yes you are missing that cross buy only meant getting two SKU and some games didn't have cross progression or cross play.

Smart delivery is one SKU, thus you are always getting cross play, cross progression and cross buy at the very least.

With smart delivery you only need to download the data you need to play going from Xbox One to Series X. Implying you can use a external drive to copy the Xbox One version you used to series X and then the console searches for data missing and needed, deleting the unecessary data and downloading the necessary data. So a smart way to deliver the game to you without having to do anything.

I hope they drop that idea... Go with cams and record it from home. Don't make people risk their lives over this.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
This will be Hermens first big event and it immediately is a very big one. Also first time a Dutch person will have such a huge role in a gaming event. As a fellow Dutchy, that is kinda cool!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What countries have eased lockdowns to the extent that's possible? I guess the US restrictions have been loose for a while now.

I'd rather the folks be safe and have crappy webcams than the alternative, though I'm sure they put the effort in to ensure it's not a disaster. Although why they couldn't do an audio-only show is another matter entirely.

I dont know about this either. It's always confusing.

In practice the beaches have been thronged, but on some regulatory, official level that an event like this would have to follow, I'm not sure SD/6 foot restrictions have been lifted in the US at all. Key word, not sure.

Like many states have reopened restaurants but they're still officially supposed to follow 6 foot SD AFAIK.

Kinda reminds me of the NBA. At some point they're going to have to be touching sweaty bodies which seems illegal, although I guess some exception will be made for it.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Practically a given:
  • Silent Hill reboot
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  • Bluepoint remake
  • Gran Turismo 7
Not a given, but pretty likely:
  • Something from Insomniac, whether that be a Ratchet and Clank game, Spider-Man 2, or both.
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Bethesda (Hey you, you're finally awake! You were trying to cross the border, right?)
50/50
  • Call of Duty 2020
  • New IP
  • New Kojima game
  • Smart Delivery
Not happening:
  • God of War 2
  • PSVR
  • Price

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Are people really that sure we're going to see Spiderman 2? We all know Sony would love to show it here, but it feels too soon. I've already posted previous predictions, and they aren't really changing all that much:

- They will show how your purchase of TLoU2 is safe right now. This is imperative. It's one of the biggest games of the year and probably the biggest Playstation Studios game ever. It needs to have a presence in PS5 rollout.
- Likely: Guerrilla Games with Horizon, Bluepoint with Demon's Souls, Silent Hill. Less likely, but still possible as a tiny teaser: Spiderman 2 and God of War 2.
- OS features like blazing fast game bootup from a cold start. This would probably wow people just as much as the games. In theory the SSD could get into actual gameplay from fresh start (as in, not suspended game) in like 2-4 seconds? Can't wait to see what they do here.
- At least one prominent 3rd party showing. This is the time to really make it count. Maybe FFXVI or CoD Next Gen. I somewhat doubt this is the venue for RE8, but who knows!
edit: - oh yeah, and no price yet. Maybe console reveal, as it's meant to go into mass production in June and you'd want to get ahead of the crappy phone cam leaks.
Yeah I wouldn't count on Spider-Man yet, maybe something closer to launch/end of the year for that last push.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Disclaimer: Mockup, not official communication.

I could see them announcing the event via a rather simple infographic like this:

psm_20pyko1.png

I am not expecting any greater announcement video like the one PlayStation Meeting 2013 got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82C4Nu_Jq8[/B]

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
Does it matter? You buy it once and you get it on both platforms. It's the same end result

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I've been finishing Spider-man and glad I picked it back up. But there are definitely a lot of things that could be improve by having an SSD and more CPU/GPU power. For example the crowd/car density on the street is impressive, but there's only like three or four different vehicles and almost no pedestrian variety. Raytraced reflections would also be amazing for the buildings. I'm doubtful we'll see this next week, but the eventual game should be really stunning assuming it's a hefty upgrade from what we have now.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any real difference?

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
We don't know what it will not include as more will be saved for later, but I believe it is multiple games.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
sony knows where their bread is buttered. graphics. in short, i dont expect the graphics to disappoint (whenever Sony reveals 1st party in a big way, which may or may not be this event). if anything the risk might be the other way, of overly ambitious targets that lead to later downgrades.
For sure, I'm expecting the traditional lengthy uninterrupted gameplay sequence with no narration. Lots of camera panning over the scenic stuff by the player as they move through the environment, and ultimately ending with a climax of epic graphics with a chase sequence.
Think it's more a jab at Microsoft's recent showing which was just all those people at home with their shitty cameras and microphones.
25-30 people together in a studio during a pandemic lockdown would have been a far worse look.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas

i still think SH, Horizon 2, and Demons Souls all in one event is still asking a lot.

it's still safer than other folks on here being like "here's my conservative prediction" with pie in the sky lists unironically with every megaton Sony could possibly need.