• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
giphy.gif

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll show the new design and the new UI
"Please, be excited about the next events in which we will show you the first CG trailers for our PS5 games!"
*stream ends*

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Not a scoop, after Grubb :p

Good to hear anyway.

"Other PlayStation 5 events may follow in the coming weeks and months, and Sony is not expected to reveal every essential detail on the console during its first presentation"

So were not getting the full details, hate this drip-fed news on PS5

Hmmm, let's see how much they reveal. Could follow MS' footsteps, but would be really disappointing if we don't get many details.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Crossing my fingers for at least one 'showcase' launch game.

As expected, it sounds like we'll get different info at different points in time. I doubt we'll get a box reveal here. I'd say we might get that alongside price at another event maybe further into the summer.

But haven't they always given us the box at least by this point in time historically? I can see price and date being later on, but the design itself and some launch games are surely a lock in for the first big reveal (to gamers and not developers) yeah?

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am now placing my hype on the rumourless, unannounced, out of left field games that could be shown during this thing. Not the Silent Hills, nor the REs or even the DS remakes, I hope they have cool surprises.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018

"Other PlayStation 5 events may follow in the coming weeks and months, and Sony is not expected to reveal every essential detail on the console during its first presentation"

This is the second presentation

Oct 27, 2017
Don't care about the price or what the box looks like right now, I just want to see what games they're offering at launch. I suspect that I'll be satisfied by this event.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

so they'll probably withhold console reveal/price/preorder later. going with late august for that.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

Good to hear anyway.

Hmmm, let's see how much they reveal. Could follow MS' footsteps, but would be really disappointing if we don't get many details.
This is how PR works nowadays. Endless teasers and Social Media interaction and little by little information over months and even years.
It sucks so hard and kills a lot of the hype for me.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

Good to hear anyway.

The most important thing to demonstrate is why people should be excited for a next-gen console. That's down to games, and if they meet peoples' expectations of a new generation, or of a 'step up'. If they have a showcase or two, at least, I think they'll do well. Other details can wait for another event.

Is it going to be one big blowout or are they going with "we'll reveal x amount of games today, another y amount in the next event" model?

It depends on the timeframe you expect. It's possible they'll show much or all of the launch lineup, but sit on other things further out. Every reveal ever is a little like this at least. You never see everything in one go.