• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Everyone's love for from makes me want to restart the games I love (dark souls 1 and 3 - I really loved 3) and continue to get pummeled by BB

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I love him too but wont count bluepoint out yet.

I would rather Bluepoint make their own games, personally. I don't have anything against them specifically, but Souls is Miyazaki. If they want to make a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, they can go right ahead and do that. Nothing wrong with a good spiritual successor.

I would be vehemently opposed to them, or anyone BUT From, making sequels to any of Miyazaki's games.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Look, this is not an attack on you wanting it. I want all souls type games made by From. It's not like they are out of business
I never said that, but your argument that "And you want a remake instead if a new one? Elden ring is on the way. " is objectively illogical. Demon's Souls remake or not existing has literally nothing to do with From, considering that Sony is the only one dictating the existence of it.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Brand new visual, the broken arch stone, and balance changes/equipment load changes is all I want.

Could you imagine if they tried reimagining a masterpiece?

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
This seems like the ideal place to ask why people keep bringing up MGS as the other possibility for Bluepoint's remake. What evidence is there?
A long time ago they teased their next project as something bigger in scope than Shadow of the Colossus, giving an impression of a grandiose re-imagining of an all time classic. There aren't really that many games which could be so impactful that Shadow of the Colossus could be talked about as if it was a stepping stone towards and Demon's Souls doesn't really seem to fit at all considering how niche it was initially.
It also seems like an odd fit for launching a system with and seems somewhat divisive even among the souls community who are reluctant to trust anyone but From and Miyazaki to make it.

Metal Gear Solid makes a lot more sense in the context of that interview and as something with much broader appeal for a system launch. Considering it's virtually a dormant IP now and the many rumours of Sony licensing it could mean it's at least a possibility.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thread title changed for accuracy (it was a like, not a retweet... not that it's a big difference tbh).

This is the 3rd time now that jschreier has passively teased the Demon's Souls remake. You know what you're doing bruh. I swear if this Demon's Souls remake doesn't actually exist, I will be legit mad :P

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes but don't tell my wife
zipper-mouth-face_1f910.png

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title changed for accuracy (it was a like, not a retweet... not that it's a big difference tbh).

This is the 3rd time now that jschreier has passively teased the Demon's Souls remake. You know what you're doing bruh. I swear if this Demon's Souls remake doesn't actually exist, I will be legit mad :P
I'm not saying there's no Demon's Souls remake, but me liking a tweet doesn't mean anything and it's silly to make ResetEra threads when I do.

Oct 25, 2017
You would think they would have come out and said they weren't making it if it was something different right? Why give anyone an opportunity to be sad/mad during your big game announcement when you could have stopped that months or a year ago?
They never said no to Metal Gear and that discussion has been going on 2 or 3 times longer.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Is it -really- Demon's Souls if dead bodies don't weigh 5 ounces and get snagged on your foot when you run by and flop wildly as they're dragged down the length of a castle parapet

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it will be shown. I even bet it's releasing in the first 6 months of the console :

they have been working on it for a long time and it would be a system seller, considering the souls hype and how well it worked for bloodborne to have an exclusive soul

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is it -really- Demon's Souls if dead bodies don't weigh 5 ounces and get snagged on your foot when you run by and flop wildly as they're dragged down the length of a castle parapet

Is it Demon's Souls if you don't spend 35 minutes running around the Nexus and dying at least three times from falling damage while looking for the Monumental?