• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I wouldn't be excited, but I also wouldn't be upset. Demon's Souls is too important to me on a personal level for some random people with no actual connection to the series to just waltz in and go "WE CAN DO THIS BETTER".
Well fingers crossed that this PS5 Event will have a Game that you can be excited about, because it for sure won't be Demons Souls.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
tumblr_n3ad8dIShH1qiz4ulo1_500.gifv
this is a very pleasant depiction of my feelings.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Not really sold on it being demon's souls.

I am feeling this may be a bait and switch and it may be Bloodborne remade into 4k60fps.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't kept up with the rumors nor am I all that knowledgeable about Sony exclusives, but any chance someone else could be remastering Demon Souls (if anyone) while Bluepoint is up to sth else?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So would ERA be more excited for a Demon's Souls Remake or Bloodborne 2?

1000x Bloodborne 2. I don't like remakes very much to begin with, and a remake from a bunch of strangers who have absolutely no connection to Souls is not exciting to me at all.

Miyazaki actually making a brand new game, on the other hand? Of course that would be exciting.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
I'll never understand the need for this remake when we continually get souls games, and there are so many great sony ip's out there that could use some spotlight and hopefully lead to a sequel

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
So journalist Julien Chieze is probably wrong

He implied that BluePoint games is not what everyone thinks it is (Demon's Souls Remake)
Metal Gear Solid remake.

Kept you waiting huh.

I just had a bizarre thought. What if Bluepoint are working on a sort taster collection of remakes? Small chunks of classic PS games reimagined using modern tech. It'd explain that tweet of theirs which teased a variety of games.
Would fit nicely as the PS5's "Quirky Launch Title that is a mini game collection".

NoirLamia777

Jan 13, 2019
They remake demons souls then make demons souls 2 after as their first non remake game but using the assets theyve created from the first.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the need for this remake when we continually get souls games, and there are so many great sony ip's out there that could use some spotlight and hopefully lead to a sequel
Demon's Souls has a distinct flavor that hasn't quite been replicated yet. Its atmosphere is the dark chocolate of the series.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't he known to troll too?

Also if it's a remake don't tie them down to 1:1 remake. Let them go lose, and make the game a bit different to not be constrained by things like the fog walls, or the amount of enemies on screen, also the way the dragon behaved. That would seem so old old gen if they just made it prettier. Things in that can totally break down if you recklessly attack all around yourself in 5-1 for example.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like the ideal place to ask why people keep bringing up MGS as the other possibility for Bluepoint's remake. What evidence is there?
There was one poster back few months ago who (I think?) got checked after he posted that he has connection in the industry and said it is MGS Remake.
At least I recall something like that.

Deleted member 29909

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This game is a catch 22 for me.

Just update the graphics = I already played the shit out of the original, so no thanks, I'm good.

Remake it without From = why would I want to play your fanfiction?

If Miyazaki is heavily involved in a remake I'll be interested, but I don't see that happening.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
It's a great game missed by many because it's trapped on PS3.

Edit

More specifically; many PS4 users crossed over from the 360.

Plus the game has a different feel from other Souls since, with only maybe DS3 recapturing some of its elements

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope it's not Demon Souls. Releasing a game that's purposely designed to not be accessible seems like a horrible idea for a new console. There are enough cool IPs that would benefit from a remake.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017

The last Souls game came out over 4 years ago.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I hope it`s nothing less than a remake of Metal Gear Solid and remasters of the sequels because Sony bought the IP.
In one package of course.
Like the Halo Masterchief Collection.
Like... "The Snakecollection".
Nah, they`re working on the Silent Hill remake.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Bruh if there's no big loading time I'm gonna miss the loading screens where we saw the characters and lore :(