• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Would be sweet, it's a great game. I can't even begin to imagine how good it would look maxed out on PC.

That said... is this news? He's just saying he can't put the rumor to bed.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Lol. So the speculation will now continue unabated.

It'd be pretty amazing, because who wouldn't want to hunt robo-dinos?

But I'm not gonna believe it until I see it. Cuz no point in getting worked up and hyped over something fairly unlikely.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It's really hard to see this as a win for SONY coming out of this, exclusives are still the future for consoles, you have to be able to have system sellers, the truth to this is Horizon Zero Dawn is a system seller.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
The only way I can see this make sense is if it was ported as an ad for H2, which would then stay exclusive to PS5 for years. But even then, since Horizon is one of the first big first party games you plan to sell PS5 with, it's a risky message to send to potential owners.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of went under the radar, but Sony announced a Sony game for PC yesterday during The Game Awards. Predator Hunting Ground is published by Sony and will be releasing on EGS. Seems like that is their go to platform for PC.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
It's called not responding. You're not required to respond to random people on Twitter. If you're making jokes about shit before it's announced you're at risk of breaking an NDA.
We've had Nintendo explicitly say "there is no new Switch model" a month before a new Switch model was announced. Are we actually taking PR responses as gospel now?

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
True, why would a tease from Jason Schreier amount to anything after all.

Now let's all go back to eagerly anticipating the next Bluepoint remake game reveal, which we know is the Demon's Souls remake.

If Jason said he had heard of it, or gave a direct hint at it, then sure. Here all he is saying is that there is a possibility of it happening and he has no reason to think there is no such possibility. Meanwhile, GG dev was taking the piss out of this just last night.

Look, can the game come to PC? sure. Do I think this non-answer was worth a thread? No.

Oh and if someone made a thread just to discuss Jason voting for Demon's souls in that poll we had, that would be the same. Anyways, carry on

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The future should be: MS has their own storefront that they update and make active. Sony has their own storefront that they update and make active. That way they can both sell their respective exclusives on PC.

Yeah I could see that happening. Same ecosystems since I would assume you would need a PSN/XBL account and more money money.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Hell yea the more games everywhere the better, i would personally still pick up the ps5 no matter what so i can wait to see of these games all end up on steam though. I cant bring myself to shop on the epic market.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We've had Nintendo explicitly say "there is no new Switch model" a month before a new Switch model was announced. Are we actually taking PR responses as gospel now?

Nintendo, the company, is different than one employee from Guerrilla Games. If I worked for Insomniac and leaked that Spider-Man PS4 was in development four months before it was announced, even as a joke I would be fired in a second.

Employees don't get to make company statements like that. It's not their job.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
I think Sony realizes the amount of people that would buy a PS4 for Horizon < the people that game exclusively on PC. And if Horizon 2 stays exclusive for a while, the first one on PC is a great gateway to get some people to buy a PS5.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Nintendo, the company, is different than one employee from Guerrilla Games. If I worked for Insomniac and leaked that Spider-Man PS4 was in development four months before it was announced I would be fired in a second.
So Guerrilla games' employee is doing the right thing by not confirming the existence of the port (assuming the port is real)

Awesome, we agree

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Guerilla CEO Hermen Hulst becomes PlayStation leader.

Hermen: "We're releasing my old company's last game on pc!"

Yup, that's totally going to happen.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I don't see what's the big deal if it comes to pc, it's on sale for 10$ most of the time so i'm sure Sony would love some more money if Epic made a good offer, i don't care about the console warriors and mah console bullshit so i don't mind if Sony release their games on pc 2-3 years after the console version, and with MS releasing everything on pc the only one left is Nintendo but those sonsofbitchs will probably never do it.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sony cares too much about selling consoles to make this a regular thing. People have said it's because the engine is already being ported so it would be easy, and it will be a 3 year old game at that point so it's completely done moving the needle in terms of selling consoles.

But I don't think it's in their best interest to set the precedent that all of their first party games will come to PC in any timely manner if they want to sell over 100 million PS5s. If you're willing to wait 3 years to play them like in this case I think they are fine with that.

I don't really care what they do one way or the other, I'll play the games wherever, it just goes against what has made them so successful so it's confusing.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this really worth a thread? If I have news to report it'll be on Kotaku!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think Sony cares too much about selling consoles to make this a regular thing. People have said it's because the engine is already being ported so it would be easy, and it will be a 3 year old game at that point so it's completely done moving the needle in terms of selling consoles.

But I don't think it's in their best interest to set the precedent that all of their first party games will come to PC in any timely manner if they want to sell over 100 million PS5s. If you're willing to wait 3 years to play them like in this case I think they are fine with that.

I don't really care what they do one way or the other, I'll play the games wherever, it just goes against what has made them so successful so it's confusing.

Pretty much. If they want to be the market leader next gen they really shouldn't be setting the expectation that you don't need to buy their next console. It's mindblowingly stupid.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
I would very much like to play this at 60fps with a wider FOV and mouse controls.

It is a beautiful game, and I enjoyed what I played of it on PS4.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense no?

what use it keeping it exclusive beyond 2020 when no consumer will care and much more will open up on pc

Oct 27, 2017
I am never buying another Xbox since I can play it all on PC, if Sony follows suit then I'm set. Hopefully they confirm before I invest in a Ps5 so I could upgrade my PC to be next gen ready :p .
Yea me too. Having all games in one platform with cheaper games and not having to pay PS+ would be great. I don't quite get why Sony is transitioning to multiplatform but I hope they keep this trend moving forward next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.