• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully if he Maddy and the other guy are collaborating to form new news source they don't end up like Vice Waypoint.

Nov 14, 2017
Didn't he get an article in the NYT recently? Seems like he can get work anywhere.

Hopefully he'll do some more content with Tim Rogers at some point. That video they did of Wall Market in FF7 was great content. In fact if all the contributors at the ex-Gawker sites could just get back together without the shitty owners that would be great.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The few posts here about Kotaku being irrelevant now and that theres no reason to visit anymore are in poor taste, especially reading Jasons farewell article. There's a bunch of cool and good journalists there.

Wish him the best.
Don't expect people to actually read lol. Kotaku always supported him, that's really great.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The G/O mass exodus is hilarious. Like how do you ruin a nest of golden gooses for nothing? All of these blogs had some of the most talented writers behind them. Kotaku and Deadspin has its haters but they definitely carry clout just for being one of the first publications of their type in the internet. A shit ton of people read and hate-read Kotaku because that's the one they know. They read a big Jason Schreier scoop and the Kotaku logo is smack dab on the header.

It's just... I don't understand these business dudes they're constantly shooting themselves on the foot 😂

Best of luck to Jason.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
It's not like he needed Kotaku. People only visited that site just for his articles tbh. Other than that it's a terrible site

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
"When I think about what happened to Deadspin, bile builds in my throat. After October 29, 2019, it became clear to me that I could not work at this company for much longer."

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Tremendous loss for kotaku, following some other losses as well. The leadership at G/O media deserve this. I doubt he will be the last to leave in this wave either. I'm sure wherever he goes he can do good things, and I hope that whatever outlet he ends up at gives him the same amount of, if not more freedom.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Wishing Jason all the best. His departure isn't too surprising considern what happened down at Deadspin and other good editors leaving the site. It's a loss for Kotaku, but not for him. He can survive without Kotaku and I'm looking forward to his future projects.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i'm not surprised

kotaku had a good run but it was clear that all the talent were leaving or planning on leaving after the deadspin fiasco

can't wait to see what he does next!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
All the best, the man is one of if not the best journalists in gaming and in general. These days everyone shoots for just a headline, I've always loved that he actually does investigative reporting.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I don't say this lightly because I enjoy Kotaku very much.

But I don't see a path forward without Schreier. Especially considering the sorts of people currently managing those sites after Deadspin was killed.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Just going to listen to the farewell Splitscreen episode, it has probably been my favourite and got even better when Maddy joined; they all sound like fun, genuine and nice people. Glad the gang will still be together and title of their new show acknowledge there are three hosts now.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Sad to see them get bled dry of talented people because of an awful parent company. It sucks because I think Stephen Totilo has run a great crew of editors and journalists that have broken some major stories and done awesome work through the years and then this equity firm buys them and just wrecks the whole thing.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I have no idea why but I thought he already left that site and was doing his own thing for awhile lol
Best of luck to him! He's got this.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the new outlet will be, hopefully something new

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Glad he's finally leaving. The writing has been on the wall for a while, so I assume he was locked in in some capacity.

Regardless, I'm down for following him wherever he goes whether it's his own thing or another existing outlet.

The real bombshell is that his book is apparently almost done. Need that. Blood sweat and pixels was so fascinating.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, huge. I'll keep on following his stuff for sure, regardless of where he writes. He's got a great style and clearly has tons of connections.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best of luck jason. You are a top reporter in this field and your writing sensablities and talent are excellent. Keep up the amazing work, and enjoy your well earned break