• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017

kotaku.com

Press Sneak Out

After eight years and some change, I am leaving Kotaku. Friday will be my last day working for this website. I will miss you all.
After eight years and some change, I am leaving Kotaku. Friday will be my last day working for this website. I will miss you all.

Truth is, I've decided to leave the media and pursue my life's calling: becoming a full-time saxophone player. Kidding. I'm staying in journalism, where I will continue to report on the weird, wild industry and culture of video games. I plan to take a few weeks off to put the final touches on my second book and hang out with my seven-month-old, and then I'll be doing brand new things at a brand new outlet. If you'd like to reach out or share a story, you can find me on Twitter or email me any time.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you land some place good, Jason. You deserve the bit of rest and some time with your kid. Should be fun wherever you go :).

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Jason Schreier is leaving Kotaku

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jason's great and he's going to make wherever he goes better.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
México
Finally. He is just too good for Kotaku. He should definitely run his own website/brand. I mean, he has the reach and ponential to run his own brand.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It was a long time coming, surprised to see him on Max Fun though, that's awesome.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
And thus the last reason to care about Kotaku is gone.

Here's to the best in your future endeavors, Jason.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Fuck G/O Media. Feel bad for the rest of the people stuck there, but glad Jason has the opportunity to do his own thing.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone at Kotaku deserves better and I'll gladly follow Jason and company wherever they go as I have already done with Tim Rogers

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Damn. Great for him but Kotaku just lost one of the best gaming journalists in the industry.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
At this point, I was only visiting the site primarily for his coverage.