• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 7, 2020
Guess what, we will all find out what the release date is in less than 40 days so then there will a definitive answer either way.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Ive been operating in this headspace since April last year. Plus I dont mark video game landmarks with tentpoles but my own wierd anticipated list (SOLASTA OUT THIS MONTH ZOMGGGG). Plus the Switch's entire business model is bursting with a horde of smaller games selling like mad.

He's updated the reply to clarify:

eYdW5XO.png

--R

Hahaha, yeah nuance, 24 Hour News Cycle, Console Warriors, and panic dont mix, do they Jason?

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
This always had "just because some Xbox exec wants it, doesn't mean they will get it" air to it. And I don't think anyone is in mood for a Cyberpunk like release, and Bethesda themselves were probably weary after Fallout 76.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I see some say this and the thread title got updated, but when he says most not to hit 2021....so far Sony has been on target. Whether its been first party or exclusives. And some 3rd party multi platform games.

I get a sense that some or overlooking this and saying "but Covid, duh" and obviously this isn't applying to everyone across the board.

Cross gen or next gen exclusives, everyone isnt being effected.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I see some say this and the thread title got updated, but when he says most not to hit 2021....so far Sony has been on target. Whether its been first party or exclusives. And some 3rd party multi platform games.

I get a sense that some or overlooking this and saying "but Covid, duh" and obviously this isn't applying to everyone across the board.

Every single Sony game this year, from Returnal to Ratchet to Horizon (if that makes this year), was delayed at least once. Games that were originally planned for 2020 or early 2021 can certainly still make this year.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
With 3090 and 3080 graphics cards being scarce, it's probably for the best. I may build a new PC next year when supplies will stabilize. Starfield is the game I want to future proof a gaming PC for.

I think Nvidia have said their next gen replacement for 3000 cards will come out next year. Aka 4000 cards.

I get the feeling we shouldn't expect to much from the game graphically, it's cross gen so will have the same constrains as Cyberpunk.

Im not expecting it to look any better than Cyberpunk on PC.

Oct 27, 2017
cant wait til D2R gets delayed til march 2022.. -__- driest year in gaming for me.. unless some fucking how Elden ring comes in Dec but i doubt it...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Every single Sony game this year, from Returnal to Ratchet to Horizon (if that makes this year), was delayed at least once. Games that were originally planned for 2020 or early 2021 can certainly still make this year.
Would have been actually pretty crazy if Horizon had hit early 2021.
In general it feels like if not for covid this would have probably been the densest launch lineup ever.
Hopefully it will still hit this year, and based on your prior posts I am also guessing I really shouldnt even hope for God of War to make it at all lol.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I think Nvidia have said their next gen replacement for 3000 cards will come out next year. Aka 4000 cards.

I get the feeling we shouldn't expect to much from the game graphically, it's cross gen so will have the same constrains as Cyberpunk.

Im not expecting it to look any better than Cyberpunk on PC.

I don't think platforms for Starfield have been announced yet.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's to be expected really. They said last year that it wouldn't be affected much as those games were so far along in development and we wouldn't feel it to this year iirc.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member

So no Call of Duty or Battlefield 6 this year? Good to know.

What about release dates we're going to get next month during E3? All lies and make believe to keep the hype up?

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
MS doesnt need Starfield this year, they have Halo which will be huge no matte what. Save Starfield for 2022 and they'll have 2 huge exclusives year after year.

Dasnap

Apr 19, 2021
My complete guess with 0 evidence is that Starfield was set to be a 2020 release internally until Spicy Lung took over the planet. A Q4 2021 release would be the delayed release.

I've still got my chips on November.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

GT7? Hasn't that been delayed out of 2021? Do we still think God of War is coming this year?

And Returnal absolutely had a delay. It was meant to come out in March. Everyone has been affected by this.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
God of War 2 is also definitely missing this year. Horizon FW will probably make it.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

Looking at the Returnal topics around web lately, looks like that game could've used another delay button.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
With the pandemic still raging, makes sense that anything without a firm date might not release this year. Hell, even with a firm date, look at all the delays. Deathloop being a good example.

Looking at the Returnal topics around web lately, looks like that game could've used another delay button.

I love the game, but agreed. It should've come out next month.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So no Call of Duty or Battlefield 6 this year? Good to know.

What about release dates we're going to get next month during E3? All lies and make believe to keep the hype up?

Weirdly confrontational take, lol.

Of course COD and very likely BF6 will come this year.

And Jason isn't a messiah, he's simply relaying what he's heard or feels based on what he's heard. He's not saying definitively 100% that Starfield is not coming this year, just that he doesn't expect it.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why do people keep forgetting COVID is a thing? The vaccines don't just make it disappear you know. We're in this for the rest of the year, plus maybe a bit of 2022.
I'm in a country that's sill in lockdown for gods sakes.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

They have not been on target, Ratchet got delayed, GT7 likely won't make it out this year and I have my doubts Horizon will be out this year but hopefully it will.

I don't believe any dates unless it's announced a few months in advance. Last gen same thing happened woth many big titles too, COVID is going to make things a lot more unpredictable. Halo Infinite is oilely all hands on deck to make sure it doesn't slip again.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly confrontational take, lol.

Of course COD and very likely BF6 will come this year.

And Jason isn't a messiah, he's simply relaying what he's heard or feels based on what he's heard. He's not saying definitively 100% that Starfield is not coming this year, just that he doesn't expect it.

My comment sounded more like a jest in my head tbh.

It's more about the games probably not releasing if they weren't planned for 2020 or early 2021.

He's the insider, the one working in this field. Of course he doesn't know everything but he knows how the web is going to spin his words.

"Jason Schreier implies CoD and Battlefield 6 maybe won't release in 2021!!!11!". Boom cheap headline worth a few thousand clicks.

And the E3 question was genuine.

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019

Well there you said it yourself, games that were planned for 2020, may hit 2021.

We know from accurate insiders that Starfield was planned for 2020, so that makes it a 2021 game realistic.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the E3 question was genuine.

E3 is often about lies and make believe. Go back and watch the faked Star Wars Kinect demonstrations with actors trying to mimic what they're seeing on stage.

Or the way Ubisoft showed off Watch Dogs looking cutting edge only to get a downgrade at launch, a story shared with a lot of titles.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
It's impossible to make accurate predictions in that regard, but as a general rule people should really expect a bunch of delays for the next few years.

It'll get better when we're all adjusted to the new world and release date planning start to be (moderately) accurate again.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I don't post here much anymore

This wasn't intended for you to take serious but apparently i worded it to harshly. I apologise for that.

But isn't this exactly the kind of spin you're going to get from such statements?

I enjoy reading your articles and getting you view on certain matters but you know how the web/twitter/etc. works.

I'm surprised you still comment on anything if everything you say is torn to pieces and warped for effect.

E3 is often about lies and make believe. Go back and watch the faked Star Wars Kinect demonstrations with actors trying to mimic what they're seeing on stage.

Or the way Ubisoft showed off Watch Dogs looking cutting edge only to get a downgrade at launch, a story shared with a lot of titles.

Totally.

But release dates gets people to pre-order. Putting money on the line. Getting people hyped up.

To fake a release date is in a different category imo.

But we're going to find out sooner or later.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't intended for you to take serious but apparently i worded it to harshly. I apologise for that.

But isn't this exactly the kind of spin you're going to get from such statements?

I enjoy reading your articles and getting you view on certain matters but you know how the web/twitter/etc. works.

I'm surprised you still comment on anything if everything you say is torn to pieces and warped for effect.

He might expect it, if maybe he hadn't made a thread that specifically mentions that, and then a month later, today, posted a link directly to it in this thread that addresses it.

There is a big difference between regular studios working on a single game and catching a delay and something like Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed where they have literally thousands of developers across multiple studios doing nothing but jamming out those games that could easily jump on board to punch their way out of delaying.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017

Do you expect God of War to hit 2021, as they announced?

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
They have not been on target, Ratchet got delayed, GT7 likely won't make it out this year and I have my doubts Horizon will be out this year but hopefully it will.

I don't believe any dates unless it's announced a few months in advance. Last gen same thing happened woth many big titles too, COVID is going to make things a lot more unpredictable. Halo Infinite is oilely all hands on deck to make sure it doesn't slip again.

GT7 has been delayed to 2022 months ago already

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did everyone forget about the virus that is still screwing up the world?

Of course many things are getting delayed!

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Predicting games get delayed out of this year seems like a safe bet in any circumstance. We shall see

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ehhh...I don't think his statement really holds weight vs some legitimate rumors we've seen. I actually like his stances too. I say this was an educated guess. He's not wrong even if the game does come out. because the question was does he THINK it's coming. Which doesn't make him wrong even if it does.