• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Could we one day see Oculus exclusive games like Lone Echo, Stormland and Asgard's Wrath on PSVR?

Oculus' Jason Rubin would like that very much. Speaking to Kotaku at E3 last month, Oculus' VP of Special Gaming Initiatives said he would "love" to make a trade with Sony.

"We've thought about it," he replied when asked if Oculus games could come to PSVR. "I would love to make a trade with Sony. You know they have great stuff that they funded, and we have great stuff we've funded."

Article: https://uploadvr.com/oculus-games-on-psvr/
Original interview: https://kotaku.com/okay-seriously-maybe-vr-gaming-is-about-to-have-its-b-1836419977

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a long-ish shot but that would be cool. The only reason I haven't bought Blood and Truth yet is because I kind of dread going back to PSVR after using the Index for a few weeks.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think you would ever get Sony to do it with their WWS 1st party exclusives, but if would be cool if there are any 3rd party exclusives this would be cool.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only thing I want is Lone Echo.

Willing to trade Blood & Truth with cash considerations and a second round pick in 2020

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I doubt Sony would ever do this. Oculus is more of a direct competitor than Steam is, and I don't see them releasing their games to PC in general anytime soon.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm quite sure they would love to do that. Astro Bot and Resident Evil VII alone are masterclasses. Pretty sure Sony isn't interested however.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
That'd be great but Sony doesn't budge on these things. Maybe with the way MS is being open with their IPs Sony might think twice.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's like Phil Spencer saying he'd like to trade Gears of War for Super Mario Odyssey. Good luck w/ that, Jason.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Psvr 2.0 with ps5 boost. Psvr gen 1 games should see major improvements as long as sony helps out.

Dont think sony would give those up as long as they plan to support vr.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
That's like Phil Spencer saying he'd like to trade Gears of War for Super Mario Odyssey. Good luck w/ that, Jason.
The difference is that VR is a very early industry where Sony has gone on record to say they aren't that competitive as "a win for all is a win for us" if I remember Shuhei's quote correctly, and they often collaborate/share ideas with other manufacturers behind the scenes.

It's still an unlikely scenario, but it's not as impossible as Gears for Mario.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel like Astrobot would work well on Oculus due to the lack of DualShock (it's essential) and Lone Echo wouldn't work well on PSVR because of the bad Move tracking.

I would love them to do some kind of collaboration though!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe with PSVR2 where they actually have decent controls... Move controls won't work well with VR games that rely on controller tracking and gripping + other buttons simultaneously. Astro bot could easily be adjusted to work with Touch controls as they have analog sticks and any of the TouchPad extra moves could be mapped to 2nd analog stick or other buttons / motion actions.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be really nice to have Blood & Truth and the yet to be released Iron Man VR. This would only benefit both sides. Please happen

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Won't happen anytime soon, if ever at all.

There's no way that Sony will allow a higher rez version of their VR exclusives on another platform before PSVR2 is released (which is at least 2.5 years away from launching).

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
has "trading" ever been a thing? i know partnerships can loosen exclusivity but kind of out of left field there

gnoclaude

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There are a few psvr games I would like on PC. Oculus has hands down the best lineup though. Chronos, Lone Echo, Journey of the Gods, Dance Central, Robo Recal, From Other Suns, Arctika 1, Wilson's Heart, Edge of Nowhere and that's only a few of the great titles off the top of my head.

Really happy with the Rift but I want a more consistent stream of games. Last year had a big title every month while this year its slim pickens. Stormlands and the Respawn game are dropping with rumors of Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell. Still vr is in a great place with a brighter future. Love all VR.