• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
7qFBQTh.jpg

This will never stop cracking me up in all of its incarnations, lol.

This cast is looking really solid, here's hoping it all works out. I've been dying to see a proper Dune adaptation on the big screen for years.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT.

It just gets better and better. I know it's just "talks" for some, but still. Even if talks fall through, we got an amazing cast.

Now,
what if we live in the timeline where they do the book sequels too, and we get Momoa in every movie????

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I had no faith in a Blade Runner sequel (especially those early shots of Ford in a t-shirt), and Denis made it happen. I trust him with this Dune sequel. Keep stacking that cast.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I mean, Blade Runner was incredibly boring too once you got over the visuals and look how 2049 turned out. Villeneuve's Dune is going to be amazing.

Blade Runner is infinitely better, more enjoyable, more cohesive and more entertaining than Dune 1984 what the hell.

With that in mind, Denis isn't creating a sequel/adapting Dune 1984 like he was with Blade Runner, so it's even less of a concern. He's adapting the book and the further away from the absolute clusterfuck that is that film the better. Lynch's Dune is not rubbish because of its source material (besides how difficult it is to adapt). It's rubbish because it was a terribly misguided adaptation that completely failed to convert the story into something cinematic and cohesive.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Funny that you say that because I thought Bladerunner 2049 was beyond boring. In fact, so was Arrival. So I am concerned that this movie is going to be a total snoozefest as well, in spite of the interesting casting.

Momoa is not going to look good in this, with these other stars next to him? Unless he plays another Aquaman type.
I mean im pretty sure
That Duncan Idaho dies basically 100 pages into the book. Thats of course ignoring the sequels and what not. So its not like he will be in the film as long as most of the cast.

Wonder who they will cast as Pauls sister.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, Blade Runner was incredibly boring too once you got over the visuals and look how 2049 turned out. Villeneuve's Dune is going to be amazing.

tenor.gif

The original Blade Runner was nothing short of brilliant; one of the most seminal and copied sci-fi films ever made.

It just happens that Dennis did the impossible and made an even better sequel. :)

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
God, this cast just keeps getting better. Do they have Feyd Rautha yet? And when is it due to start filming? I hope they have some nods to Jodorowsky in there...

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we are gonna get multiple casting announcements this month.

We also need Thurfir Hawat.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any more roles for women to be cast in? We got Mother Reverend, Jessica and Chani so far. Zoe Saldana really wanna be in Dune as well but she haven't gotten a role.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
This cast looks so good but I don't personally like Chalamet and it's going to rest heavily on his shoulders

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What the fuck, how was the original boring?
Bad script and poor performances from everybody but Rutger Hauer. I used to defend Blade Runner too but 2049 was such a better movie and just as visually stunning as the original that it made all of its flaws so much more apparent. The movie now feels like it has nothing going for it.
giphy.gif

My point was that Villeneuve did A LOT to improve on Blade Runner and I feel like he is definitely going to do the same for Dune. I doubt any one will disagree with me on that.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Villeneuve and hope to God this movie is a success, because if it's another bomb, than fuck...

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be funny if, against all odds, this is a box office success and they make more, making Momoa the guy that
shows up in all of them (as a Ghola).

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny that you say that because I thought Bladerunner 2049 was beyond boring. In fact, so was Arrival. So I am concerned that this movie is going to be a total snoozefest as well, in spite of the interesting casting.

Momoa is not going to look good in this, with these other stars next to him? Unless he plays another Aquaman type.

Duncan Idaho is a boyscout / loyal hero and his role actually becomes more important as the books progress because of
Gholas which are clones used by the Bene Gesserit and others to create breeding programs and Duncan gets frequently killed by his slightly insane God Emperor

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
After doing the seemingly impossible with 2049, I'm here till the end with this one.

Let's fucking go