• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Normally, seeing two of DC's biggest villains on screen together would be amazing

hqdefault.jpg

2f8bcc8af16c7b88e102353f9db56182.jpg

However, DC did a horrible miscasting with Leto and Eisenberg, giving us annoying and poor imitations of these iconic characters. In hindsight, it's good the DCEU has been thrown off balance because can you imagine these two on screen,?????

5955295-the-chance-of-joker-meeting-lex-luthor-in-the-dceu.jpg

I'd probably have a heart attack due to how insufferable it would be

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay for 2 hours of them going around and it being a superbad comedy of them not getting why no villains take them seriously

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Worst Batman, Worst Joker, Worst Lex

All had to share the same universe with the DCEU and the only time when we had a Justice League set up - what a terrible timeline we live in :(

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Leto was fine, his role just got totally butchered when the editing team decided to cut him out of the movie and the face tattoos were poor.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a stark contrast to Marvel movies that rarely miscast their roles.

Eisenberg might be a hack. He basically plays his Zuckerberg in every movie.

Worst Batman, Worst Joker, Worst Lex

All had to share the same universe with the DCEU and the only time when we had a Justice League set up - what a terrible timeline we live in :(

Nah Baffleck could have worked. I kinda liked the idea of an old, tired, grizzled Batman who didn't give a fuck anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't a big point of Luthor's entire character that he had a God Complex, since he was tall, incredibly fit, handsome, rich, and hyper-intelligent? Which is what made his dynamic with Superman (an actual God for all intents and purposes) really interesting, and actually work?

I know this rhetorical question is constantly asked, but.... how did Snyder miss the entire point of the character?

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I'm not even sure how a full conversation would go down between these two characters, considering the depictions by Leto and Eisenberg.

Leto's drawl/growling and Eisenberg's borderline neurotic/sperg outbursts would be such a bizarre sight.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind Eisenberg's Luthor, at least in theory.

I like the idea of a weird, rich, tech-douche Luthor, but in execution he just wasn't given enough motivation for hating Superman which pretty much killed him as a character.

He also had too many weird eccentricities making him a bit too Joker-y. Like all he was doing is just to cause chaos.
Like what even was the point of making Doomsday? It would have killed Luthor if Superman hadn't saved him.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I didn't mind his Luthor at all. I think folks were extra harsh on him.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"Ding ding ding ding ding"
"Got no beef??"
"Got no beef??"

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
i wish he played his luthor like his social network zuckerberg. antisocial and malicious. would have been a nice modern take on the evil billionaire character.

instead we got a giant doofus.

i also really liked the leto joker look too minus the forehead tattoo, but then he started talking...

Last edited:

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand when people say this. The Leto scenes that we saw in the film were terrible.

Why would you want more of that?

I want to suffer

and Leto is actually a great actor, whatever we saw in the movie was disjointed as all hell. I want to see more of whatever Leto Joker was.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
They wouldn't be the most intimidating team up ever, no.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
There has never been a greater miscast that those two that I can think of in terms of modern superhero films. Leto's joker is absolutely pathetic. I don't hate Eisenberg's Luthor, it just isn't the character.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wish he played his luthor like his social network zuckerberg. antisocial and malicious. would have been a nice modern take on the evil billionaire character.

instead we got a giant doofus.

i also really liked the leto joker look too minus the forehead tattoo, but then he started talking...

Don't you mean growling?

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leto isn't a miscast. His Joker could definitely work with a some slight tweaks and more screentime to work with.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine both of them in the same scene together would be reminiscent of that part in Timecop where the two Ron Silvers fuse into a mutated blob and then melt into nothing.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Lex and Joker usually work because Lex is on Joker's level while being a straight man to his antics. This would be two eccentric people being eccentric. Would suuuuck.