• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The movie was absolutely not "ready to go." It was a first pass of raw footage that could barely be considered a watchable movie in any regard. Every movie has that first phase in edit, there's nothing special about this one. Clearly, since they're spending close to $100 million to finish the "ready to go" movie. It never existed.
I think people are really stuck on the semantics of how the fanbase (or at least the sane fans) viewed the term "Snyder Cut". I don't have any disillusions to think he had a print that could've been put on a reel and shown to the mass audience at any time. I figured he had the footage he wanted (AT THE TIME) and just needed some post to finish it up.

When HBO came to him and said, hey, we want you to finish this up, but what else would you want to do add if you had more money and time, this is now what we're getting.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
The movie was absolutely not "ready to go." It was a first pass of raw footage that could barely be considered a watchable movie in any regard. Every movie has that first phase in edit, there's nothing special about this one. Clearly, since they're spending close to $100 million to finish the "ready to go" movie. It never existed.
Well no shit Sherlock he left with 9 months of post production. Of course his original cut would need work. Also get your facts straight, he's getting a reported 70 million dollars to not only finish the effects but add new scenes because most likely WarnerMedia is going to let him finish his planned story arc on hbo max so he's probably setting things up for the future.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously though, Leto could be a good Joker I guess but he just needs to un-Suicide Squad himself.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just as a reminder, Leto is a fucking creep and also started his own cult on an island with his fans

Like seriously what the fuck is this

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
At this point they should just greenlight JL2 for the fuck of it and have Snyder do whatever. Comics have batshit insane runs all the time, why can't the movies?

Oct 25, 2017
Aah, A DC bashing thread like old times, see you guys don't have to be so glum round here you know how to have a nice time still.

Good for you!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking amazing. Leto's a piece of shit but his Joker being in there is what the Snyder Cut deserves

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see what Leto can do with Joker when David Ayer isn't directing. Hopefully it's not that portrayal, though, 'cus there's nothing he can do with the whole gangster pimp thing.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aah, A DC bashing thread like old times, see you guys don't have to be so glum round here you know how to have a nice time still.

Good for you!
I'm certainly not bashing DC that much. I don't care, all these superhero movies are silly anyway. But I'll take any opportunity to shit on Jared Leto because fuck that guy and I wish they would stop hiring him for movies. That's it.

same thing with Chris Pratt. Fuck that dude too.