• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
There was a rumor published last week that HBO max is trying to rope Affleck to make a Batman mini series that involves origin story of Leto's joker who will be the main antagonist.

I guess they are doing a trial run with him again with this. Big yikes.

Justice_DP

Jan 28, 2020
Lmao it really isnt come on

The level of absurdity is insane to me. This is why it is interesting.

With every bit of news, I'm asking myself: Why the hell are they doing this? Is there really that much money to be made? That much goodwill that can be restored?

The general audience was not fond of Snyder's work on the DC heroes.
WB themselves cut the cord during BvS and Suicide Squad.
Ayer's version of the Joker was mocked ...
Ray Fisher uncovered some really heavy stuff that happened on the set ...
Affleck was on the bottom after finishing the movie ...
Caviell became a bad meme for years ...

Even if I think some aspects of Snyder's vision are interesting to me, the amount of care and freedom they seem to give this project is really strange. It seems like they add even more stingers, close even more loose endings and redeem stuff that seems irredeemable.

And the chance that it will be a train wreck is still very high...

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Or the reshoots were always planned in his original movie.

Right sure he always planned on bringing in a whole new actor that was not in a single frame of the original shoot....

You aren't seriously going to tell me he's not creating and writing new stuff for this thing now, and that it was all part of his original plan are you?

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
The level of absurdity is insane to me. This is why it is interesting to me.
With every bit of news, I'm asking myself: Why the hell are they doing this? Is there really that much money to be made? That much goodwill that can be restored?

The general audiance was not fond of Snyder's work on the DC heroes.
WB themselves cut the cord during BvS and Suicide Squad.
Ayer's version of the Joker was mocked ...
Ray Fisher uncovered some really heavy stuff that happend on the set ...
Affleck was on the bottom after finishing the movie ...
Caviell became a bad meme for years ...

Even if I think some aspects of Synder's vision are interesting to me, the amount of care and freedom they seem to give this project is really strange. It seems like they add even more stingers, close even more loose endings and redeem stuff that seems irredeemable.

And the chance that it will be a trainwreck is still very high...
Dude they gave Raimi a big budget MCU movie again come on,a Spider-Man 3 level trainwreck at worst is gonna be 10 times more interesting than whatever Snyder comes up with

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Leto is a cunt, but he is also a fantastic actor and I still believe he could be a great joker had the script, editing and direction not completely botched his role in Suicide Squad.

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
Do we know when Suicide Squad took place? Maybe this will be pre-stupid tattoos and shitty grill. I'd bet money I'm wrong, but I can dream.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Right sure he always planned on bringing in a whole new actor that was not in a single frame of the original shoot....

You aren't seriously going to tell me he's not creating and writing new stuff for this thing now, and that it was all part of his original plan are you?
I don't really see what's so hard to understand about this? Zack had a movie basically ready to go and was presented with a new option to add and change things given more time. He chose the latter. We're past the original "Snyder Cut" at this point.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
It never was one. The Snyder Cut literally did not exist before WB greenlighted the money for this to be made. Internet shitheads combined with WB's desperation over what to do with the DC properties have willed this into existence.

Exactly! It's stopped being a "Director's cut" the moment he had to bring back the cast for more scenes. With him adding Joker (and possibly Green Lantern if rumours are true), then it definitely goes beyond the original script. Even Snyder would have to admit, he never intended the movie to be four hours.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Snyder knows what we want, Leto Fight Club beating leading to his metal grill.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see what's so hard to understand about this? Zack had a movie basically ready to go and was presented with a new option to add and change things given more time. He chose the latter. We're past the original "Snyder Cut" at this point.

I'm aware, others don't seem to be aware,it's just hilarious how this has ballooned.

I also deeply doubt he had a cut that was ready to go.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Leto didn't draw the tattoos

Leto didn't write the "you don't want no beef" dialog

Leto didn't direct the ace chemicals scene

But Leto did creep on young girls

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
There's a possibility that this re-release will turn a bad movie into an average one. Catch is, it's also going to be like 4,5 hours long.

MajorB

Apr 18, 2018
Lmao at everyone's selective memory. The fact that Snyder's cut was being expanded into a longer miniseries is months-old news.

Some people are way too irritated that this movie\series is happening for their own good. A multibillion dollar corporation used the suicide of a dude's daughter as a cover to butcher a project he spent a decade of his life working towards and y'all stanning the corporation. Get over yourselves.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
How amazing would Joaquin have been in this

Probably not a take that will go over well in a DC movie thread, but I gotta say... Joker is one of Joaquin's absolute worst performances to me, and I'm a huge fan. A classic example of a hugely overlooked talent finally getting his career Oscar for a performance that absolutely doesn't deserve a trophy.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at everyone's selective memory. The fact that Snyder's cut was being expanded into a longer miniseries is months-old news.

Some people are way too irritated that this movie\series is happening for their own good. A multibillion dollar corporation used the suicide of a dude's daughter as a cover to butcher a project he spent a decade of his life working towards and y'all stanning the corporation. Get over yourselves.

Oh come on

Leto was like universally panned

Snyder revising his vision so much that he brings him back is going to inspire some jokes.

There's a genuine risk of bloat here

Like I imagine a lot of Release the Snyder Cut people also didn't like Leto's Joker

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
the comedian:

Screen-Shot-2018-09-21-at-1.29.09-PM.png

the criminal:

original.gif

the clown:

+1 comicsEra point for you 😂😂😂😂

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris

Reshoots are common in the industry so like I said it's very likely that some reshoots were already planned during the production of JL but didn't happened for obvious reasons. Snyder secretly filmed the after-credit scene with Eiseinberg for JL, maybe he already had plan for a scene with the Joker too.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

The movie was absolutely not "ready to go." It was a first pass of raw footage that could barely be considered a watchable movie in any regard. Every movie has that first phase in edit, there's nothing special about this one. Clearly, since they're spending close to $100 million to finish the "ready to go" movie. It never existed.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I imagine they are trying to put a ribbon on some of these abandoned DCEU elements with this movie, and the Leto Joker is one of them.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Reshoots are common in the industry so like I said it's very likely that some reshoots were already planned during the production of JL but didn't happened for obvious reasons. Snyder secretly filmed the after-credit scene with Eiseinberg for JL, maybe he already had plan for a scene with the Joker too.

I'm aware of how reshoots work.

There's very little chance this isn't something new he came up with recently

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
Leto Joker and Snyder are going to form a singularity of edge that will engulf the planet in wallet chains and black hair dye