• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't read foundation since I was a teenager but I'm morbidly curious how they do this. Vaguely remember it having a lot of time skips.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that makes me interested in this is that they seem to be changing the gender and race of some key characters. That and Lee Pace.

Also, reminder that Isaac Asimov was a serial sexual assaulter.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
How the hell do you adapt The Foundation? I'm not too hopeful about this, but if they pull it off it'll be quite exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that makes me interested in this is that they seem to be changing the gender and race of some key characters. That and Lee Pace.

Also, reminder that Isaac Asimov was a serial sexual assaulter.
I just read Foundation after having heard about it for years and I was shocked and dismayed that there were hardly any female characters, and the one that had a few lines was useless except for coveting jewelry. It was the only Asimov I read and I'm still reeling from reconciling how popular he is with how awful and male-centric Foundation was. I guess I've just been spoiled by reading modern sci-fi, but damn.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I just read Foundation after having heard about it for years and I was shocked and dismayed that there were hardly any female characters, and the one that had a few lines was useless except for coveting jewelry. It was the only Asimov I read and I'm still reeling from reconciling how popular he is with how awful and male-centric Foundation was. I guess I've just been spoiled by reading modern sci-fi, but damn.
I feel you. I first read it as a fourteen year-old girl and just could not get past the fact that this "giant" of science fiction could not conceive of a future where women cared about anything besides jewelry. It was one of my first forays into science fiction outside of Le Guin and soured me on the genre.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
That trailer was something else. Seeing that and getting Dune later this year is a big deal for me. Both book series I read as a teen... now getting big screen versions - one a movie series the other a tv series.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer was something else. Seeing that and getting Dune later this year is a big deal for me. Both book series I read as a teen... now getting big screen versions - one a movie series the other a tv series.
It looks amazing. Has to be a positively enormous budget. Glorious cinematography too. It actually had a real Denis vibe to it.

I haven't read the books in years but I'm fully invested in this show.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Waiting for the trailer go up online
As soon as it finished on the live stream I said "I'm going to need to see that again"

RemorsefulEmptyDegu-size_restricted.gif

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Scared the hell out of me with that title. Whenever I see a celebrity's name in a thread title, it's usually because they're dead.