• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

I remember his tumblr page with translations of news or the Famitsu charts a long time ago. He will be missed

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of him but always sad to know someone has passed away. Especially at what I imagine is far too young an age.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Damn, this hits hard. Rest in peace, Brian. My condolences go out to his loved ones.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May he rest in peace. He built one of the best Nintendo news sites and was a great translator. Super kind and passionate guy. All of this is just sad to read :(

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
FUCKING FUCK FUCK.
He was one of my besties. We each gave each other advice on our sites and I helped with news tips. Haven't talked to him in ages and I was so focused with my new job it didn't cross my mind...

i am fucking destroyed man. In the corner of my work's lunch room depressed. I am seething with anger, seeking a reason to find out how this could have happened. Was he in danger, in need of help, and I failed to save him or help him somehow? Could I have stopped this? I am distraught

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
What a loss. He was very diligent in delivering Japanese Nintendo news like visual novels, he's even the last person who still shared Miitomo news iirc. RIP.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The website is still online for anyone who wants to find his work.

japanesenintendo.com

Japanese Nintendo

Japanese Nintendo news in English | 日本からの任天堂関連ニュースを英語でお届け

Rest in peace.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
I have been following his Twitter a while back for Japanese news. Thanks to him I've learn some neat things like the official Nintendo LINE account and the G-Mode archive series. So this is very sad to hear this news.

Rest in peace.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He was literally posting up until the day he passed away. It must have been sudden, but I'm not going to want any more detail than that for the family's sake.

Farewell, Brian.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That explains why his web site hasn't been update for a while. It is definitely one of those small but very reliable and clean gaming web site.

Rest in peace.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Awful to hear. He was always on top of the news and I linked to his articles more than a few times here.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Been following his Twitter for a long time and was very shocked to see this notice earlier. Very sad news. Rest in Peace, Brian.

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn his site was nice look at the Japan side of things for Nintendo fans. RIP Brian and my condolences to his family.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Brian was one of the kindest souls I had spoken to. He worked hard but his passion was clearly evident. Despite this hard work which ate so much of his time, he always found a place to help others. Whenever he saw Pokémon stuff, he made sure I was aware. We had many chats over the years and I considered him a friend, even though we hadn't spoken as much in the past year or so.

His presence will truly be missed across the Internet

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Really sad to hear. Never interacted with him directly myself, but his work was one of the best sources in the business.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
He always seemed liked a genuine good person and he was definitely passionate about his work. Really sad to hear, RIP.