• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
My head hurts between Smash jackasses complaining that a legit legacy video game character finally gets the spot it rightfully deserves just because he uses a fucking sword, those who seem to just literally wake up from a lucid dream where DQ was in no way one of the biggest franchise of all time and the "popularity contest" that ensued between him and Banjo.

My god can't people just be happy for the mad good roster this game have? Jesus christ this is so fucking sad

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do love how at this point a new character announcement for Smash can be as big or bigger news than new full game announcements.

Edit: do I sense a Banjo/DQ rivalry brewing? :P

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
I saw 2 videos of the same group of Japanese guys who reacted way strongly to Banjo Kazooie than Dragon Quest.

It was funny, they were doing the stereotypical Japanese overreactions by shouting "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and "NANI!?!?!?!"

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
GX was quick on the cut from the Direct for Banjo. Nintendo took forever to upload their HQ version.

DQ was a quick release on the other hand.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
What does this have to do with this thread about how DQ views in Japan?
Well I mean the OP is saying that DQ Japanese trailer has more views than any other Smash one including English trailers, but that appears to be wrong. But maybe that tweet meant in only one day? If that's the case though I doubt anyone has real numbers on all the other Smash trailer video 1-day view counts so I dunno how he could make that claim.

I don't hate the DQ boiz, I actually think they look pretty interesting and I love that we're getting 4 of them. But I see a number, I check the number.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Well I mean the OP is saying that DQ Japanese trailer has more views than any other Smash one including English trailers, but that appears to be wrong. But maybe that tweet meant in only one day? If that's the case though I doubt anyone has real numbers on all the other Smash trailer video 1-day view counts so I dunno how he could make that claim.

I don't hate the DQ boiz, I actually think they look pretty interesting and I love that we're getting 4 of them. But I see a number, I check the number.

The thread did say DQ did those numbers in a day and even noted Banjo probably lagged because Nintendo was slow uploading Banjo's video.

celigio

Oct 27, 2017
Monteranch
Like I don't have any feelings for DQ and only passing memories of Banjo, but I don't get why do we have to pit it against each other...

They're both in, people should be happy

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
The thread did say DQ did those numbers in a day and even noted Banjo probably lagged because Nintendo was slow uploading Banjo's video.
I'm not disputing that part, just that it set a record. That doesn't appear to be true or if we're talking in one day I don't think anyone kept a spreadsheet of 24-hour view counts of each Smash trailer so I doubt we could know that with much certainty.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
How many humanoid animals or animal characters does Smash have?

K Rool, Yoshi, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Sonic, King Dedede, Lucario, Greninja, Bowser, Incineroar, Isabelle, Inkling, Bowser Jr, and now Banjo. So, 15.

Sword users: Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Corrin, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Shulk, Meta Knight, Mii Fighter, Cloud, and how The Hero. So, 13.

The whole 'too many swordsomen' was always bias.

Or better yet, how many fighters do we have that don't use weapons.

K Rool, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Greninja, Bowser, Incineroar, Mii Fighter, Mario, Ken, Ryu, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Zelda, Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Greninja, Ridley, Piranha Plant, and now Banjo. So, around 23.

There are more fighters in the game that use any weapon outside of their first or natural ability.

I think the thing that's helped Hero's reception was brought up last night in the DLC thread

Why do these guys pop so much more than any of the fe crew? They honestly all look really cool visually, which I never expected to say.

ss_6.jpg

The fact that you have all these great designs that really pop all in one character slot while Fire Emblem looks (not plays) a bit samey with all its reps.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think the thing that's helped Hero's reception was brought up last night in the DLC thread

The fact that you have all these great designs that really pop all in one character slot while Fire Emblem looks (not plays) a bit samey with all its reps.

How does Ike look samey or Corrin? Or even Robin?

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm asking a mod to close the thread. I don't follow Twitter so I don't know about those views and this was never supposed to be a pissing contest between the two fandoms.

I just wanted to spread some pomposity here in regards to the DQ representation after the trailer had so much debate over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.