• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Any Ado fans here?
I'm surprised that not that many people, except Kurita post her songs here.

I know that Ussewa is her most popular song but personally I prefer Odo

Does anyone have any japanese recommendations similar to this?

I also prefer Odo haha.
If you like that song, check out Reol (unless you already know her), since Odo was produced/arranged by Giga who does most Reol's songs.
Aside from that I actually don't really know, she's quite unique. I'll think about it!

EDIT : DUSTCELL and FantasticYouth might be up your alley too

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I posted these. A bit of a backlog on discoveries I've made:

Indie rock
open.spotify.com

Ocean of the Stars

THE PLANET WE CAN SEE · Song · 2021

Shoegaze-y
open.spotify.com

Merry

Sachiarray · Song · 2021

j-rock after the first 50 seconds
open.spotify.com

未性年の主張

あすなろ白昼夢 · Song · 2021

For some reason I feel like I posted these before, but I probably scrapped that post.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New solo track from Senritsu Kanano, produced by Kenmochi Hidefumi. I prefer femme fatale's songs overall, but this one is pretty cool.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Tracks:

High energy j-rock. The verse vocal delivery is kinda playful and funny.
open.spotify.com

ロックンロール

GaGaGa SP · Song · 2021

I suppose this would be pop punk. I mean wait for the chorus at 2:24. I can sort of take it or leave it. Nice song regardless.
open.spotify.com

スプートニク6号

湧 · Song · 2021

I'm diggin this. Reminds me of a more calm track from American Football.
open.spotify.com

夢のつづき

Sabon · Song · 2021

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
meme tokyo.'s first major single produced by Giga and TeddyLoid. Good stuff!

Cool new SHISHAMO MV

Can't wait for TENDRE's 1st major album

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Tracks:

The odd time when a rap track in a language I don't understand (or barely) actually works for me. Good flow, good beat.
open.spotify.com

Cold Fish

Itaq · Song · 2021

Snooty. Mhmm. I like this band. This track is one I've played many times at this point
open.spotify.com

世界が終わるまで

snooty · Song · 2021

Wish I knew about this band back in the day. The whole record goes down so easy too (you know, if this kind of music doesn't drive you away of course). Devoured the record in June, have not yet jumped into their other records. Easily falls into the favorite albums I discovered in 2021 (this of course being "old")
open.spotify.com

ゆきこさん

ミドリ · Song · 2008

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
226572609_376913460461840_7830754961752347604_n.jpg

From facebook:

"Perfume's first EP ′′ Polygon Way EP ′′ will be released on!
🎉
(Wed)!
The song ′′ Polygon way ′′ in digital distribution is composed of all the songs composed of the world view. ♬
First time limited edition with bonus footage!
The contents of the bonus footage that you care about will be announced later! Look forward to it
👀
✨

Perfume's first EP "Polygon Wave EP" confirmed for release on Sep.22! The EP will feature 7 songs, including title track "Polygon Wave"
✨

Stay tuned for more info!"

Pumped.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I don't much about Hey! Say! JUMP (as far as Johnny's are concerned I'm mostly listening to SixTONES, Snow Man, King & Prince, Arashi) but man, their new single written by NEE's vocalist is soooooo good. Never expected him to write an idol song lol.

Might as well repost some NEE, this band rules. Can't wait for their major debut album.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just discovered this artist called samayuzame, she's great! She released her 2nd album this week. Looks like she started as a vocaloid producer, feels like you don't see a lot of women in that field tbh.
This is some great alternative-ish pop.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
A couple of other noteworthy releases this week

Kamiyado's new album. One of the coolest idol groups around.

Kvi Baba's new EP, currently one of my fav rappers. Criminally underrated!

Speaking of rappers that deserve to be more popular, TAEYO will release his first major full abum in september. Loving his new single.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Sakiyama Soushi's new track (used for My Hero Academia) gives me chills. Wonderful epic ballad.

New FARMHOUSE featuring EVIDENCE. Wonder if this means EVIDENCE will come back to SUSHIBOYS.

New Cody Lee MV starring former Nogizaka46 member Itou Marika.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
226572609_376913460461840_7830754961752347604_n.jpg

From facebook:

"Perfume's first EP ′′ Polygon Way EP ′′ will be released on!
🎉
(Wed)!
The song ′′ Polygon way ′′ in digital distribution is composed of all the songs composed of the world view. ♬
First time limited edition with bonus footage!
The contents of the bonus footage that you care about will be announced later! Look forward to it
👀
✨

Perfume's first EP "Polygon Wave EP" confirmed for release on Sep.22! The EP will feature 7 songs, including title track "Polygon Wave"
✨

Stay tuned for more info!"

Pumped.

Day one.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Wanuka is great

New ZOC MV (Youtube embedding being terrible means you don't get the thumbnail with one of the member's cleavage)

Surprise it took BLOOM VASE this long to release a MV for Bluma to Lunch given how popular that song is.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the official NUITO twitter account retweeted this.

Can't believe we might be getting new music from them.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
V6's last album will feature two songs by KOHH and one by Tempalay.
That's huh two interesting acts to have for Johnny's songs lol

I really wish Nogizaka46 and Sakurazaka46 would also get "regular" artists (i.e. not songwriters that focus on idols) to work with them. As much as I enjoy their songs, I'm sure we could get some really interesting collaborations. Johnny's are excellent in that regard. Arashi had a song by Yonezu Kenshi, SixTONES's latest single is by King Gnu's Tsuneta Daiki, pretty sure Hey!Say!JUMP had some by Vickeblanka and Rinne.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The new BiSH album is good stuff. Nothing mindblowing/surprising but it definitely does the job and is satysfying. Will be the new go-to recommendation for people willing to discover their stuff. Still my favorite WACK group.
Speaking of which, they dropped a new MV.

New Regal Lily

New AAAMYYY

New ano

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Today 溶けない名前 released a remastered version of their first album, and it's pretty good. There's a clear diference compared to the first release, this time it sounds more lush and clear while still retaining a bit of lo-fi feel.

Hopefully they remaster the 2 EPs as well, especially if they take the chance and throw them together into an album.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Ajikan's Gotch tweeted this young (no pun intended) artist's first single and I'm loving it. Fresh alternative/indie rock sound.

Young Kee - シュガー (Sugar)

I kinda expected Mrs. GREEN APPLE's Oomori Motoki to go full pop and bust out some dance moves for his solo career so this new MV doesn't surprise me lol. Great song.

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Tracks:

Tokyo Jihen track from their latest album (have not listened to it yet.)
open.spotify.com

毒味

Tokyo Incidents · Song · 2021

Then I got these various more ambient pieces. Y'all might have picked up on it now that I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff

mmm. Like a crisp October morning with some dew on the grass still
open.spotify.com

afternoon

birds humming the beat · Song · 2021

Sounds like something out of a heartfelt anime film. She has a full album that this track is from.
open.spotify.com

小さな灯りと鉛筆で描いた線と

Rie Nemoto · Song · 2021

This one seemed to hit me the most. Music for movies vibe. I don't know what it makes me feel. Like I'm alone somewhere in a repetitive environment. Slightly sad slightly at peace. Nostalgic? Either way it makes me a teeny emotional.
open.spotify.com

Plastics

koji itoyama · Song · 2021

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Sakurazaka46 will release their 3rd single on October 13! It's called Nagaredama, "Stray Bullets". Hype level through the roof. The formation will be revealed on this week's SokoSaku

Last edited:

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
What's popular for Japanese metal/metal core these days? Used to listen to Maximum the Hormone back in the day. And then Crossfaith, Coldrain, Crystal Lake, Babymetal, etc.

Any new bands pop up in the last couple years?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
What's popular for Japanese metal/metal core these days? Used to listen to Maximum the Hormone back in the day. And then Crossfaith, Coldrain, Crystal Lake, Babymetal, etc.

It's not really a scene I'm familiar with, but Paledusk are getting popular lately

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017

Don't know if they fit the category popular these days from your point of view, but here some selected examples (all of them were founded some years ago):

mildrage

dexcore

earthists.